Windows 10: Microsoft service was turned off in msconfig

Discus and support Microsoft service was turned off in msconfig in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft service was turned off in msconfig, I can't log in. incorrect password internet icon has red X. tried shift restart, trouble shoot, only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mel Bullman, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Microsoft service was turned off in msconfig

Microsoft service was turned off in msconfig, I can't log in. incorrect password internet icon has red X. tried shift restart, trouble shoot, only shows startup settings, enable safe mode 4 same thing happens, just blurs screen. Made a recovery usb. usb port, DVD appears not to be recognized power is going to usb and DVD. Nothing I try has any effect HELP!

:)

Mel Bullman, Sep 3, 2020
  2. djwoody Win User

Msconfig - which Microsoft services to disable?

As the title really, have any of you disabled Microsoft services in Msconfig. If so, which ones?

Thanks
    Chris

djwoody, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Ṣmeed Win User
    MSCONFIG SERVICES

Check-mark Hide all Microsoft Services in msconfig to get a better overview what 3rd party stuff is running...

Then go carefully through the remaining non-Microsoft services. Some of them might not be necessary. Read more about them (and their dependencies) in Services (services.msc)
    and when in doubt search the internet for more info on those 3rd party programs. Do not do any disabling in msconfig, always best to do it directly in Services.

Here are 2 more articles which might be interesting:

-
    https://www.askvg.com/windows-8-services-configuration-turn-off-disable-background-services-to-improve-system-performance/

-
    https://www.howtogeek.com/139028/which-windows-services-can-you-safely-disable/

Personally, I never used Windows 8.1 and don't really have any knowledge about it....

Hope this helps a bit Microsoft service was turned off in msconfig :)

Ṣmeed, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Microsoft service was turned off in msconfig

msconfig services tab

You will always have errors and warnings, just ignore them unless you have a particular issue, then that can help you diagnose the problem. And Task manager has the same services listed as msconfig does.

seahawks65, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft service was turned off in msconfig

1. Microsoft service was turned off in msconfig - Similar Threads - Microsoft service was

2. i was recently going through my windows msconfig and turned off all the services and it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i was recently going through my windows msconfig and turned off all the services and it...: 5203330309 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-recently-going-through-my-windows-msconfig/c760d01f-5ebf-4a3e-afb9-2afcb079717b
  3. i was recently going through my windows msconfig and turned off all the services and it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i was recently going through my windows msconfig and turned off all the services and it...: 5203330309 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-recently-going-through-my-windows-msconfig/c760d01f-5ebf-4a3e-afb9-2afcb079717b
  4. I turned off msconfig microsoft services and now I can't access my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned off msconfig microsoft services and now I can't access my computer: I've having a problem that when I had my cpu on high loads , the "system" file would use 30% of my cpu and more than half of my disk making games unplayble . I searched for a solution online wich was turning of all microsoft services on MSconfig , and I did exacly that . Now...
  5. I turned off msconfig microsoft services and now I can't access my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I turned off msconfig microsoft services and now I can't access my computer: I've having a problem that when I had my cpu on high loads , the "system" file would use 30% of my cpu and more than half of my disk making games unplayble . I searched for a solution online wich was turning of all microsoft services on MSconfig , and I did exacly that . Now...
  6. I turned off msconfig microsoft services and now I can't access my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Accidentally disabled all Microsoft services in msconfig

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally disabled all Microsoft services in msconfig: I accidentally disabled all Microsoft services in msconfig. Now whenever I start my PC, I cannot use PIN to sign in. I have a guest account but it is not admin so it can't do anything. I've tried startup repair and it says I need to log into my Microsoft account but when I...
  8. Msconfig Internet access turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Msconfig Internet access turned off: Is there anyway I could access mscong without having admin rights. I haven't used my admin password in 3 years and have forgotten it because I would just use my pin. Turns out you can't use your pin without being connected to the internet....
  9. Turning Off Services With .reg

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning Off Services With .reg: I am working on a .reg file to disable all the unwanted services. I need some help though. I do not know the keys to use for the following services and would like some help adding them to my .reg located below. Security Accounts System Event Notification Windows Firewall...
  10. Msconfig - which Microsoft services to disable?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Msconfig - which Microsoft services to disable?: As the title really, have any of you disabled Microsoft services in Msconfig. If so, which ones? Thanks Chris 47062