Windows 10: Microsoft sets stage for massive Windows 10 upgrade strategy

Discus and support Microsoft sets stage for massive Windows 10 upgrade strategy in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has been preparing Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 PCs for a more aggressive Windows 10 upgrade strategy that the company will kick off shortly,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by davidhk, Dec 8, 2015.

1. davidhk Win User

Microsoft sets stage for massive Windows 10 upgrade strategy

Read more: Microsoft sets stage for massive Windows 10 upgrade strategy | Computerworld

:)

davidhk, Dec 8, 2015
  2. Georgia2015, Dec 8, 2015
  3. Please: Don't Force Windows 10 (Ode de Seuss, Green Eggs and Ham)

It may just be a little quirk,

but on my machine it just won't work.

It turned my machine to a flaming brick.

If they keep it up I'll leave quite quick.

It might seem a little rash,

but they can't force me to install this trash.

John on Live, Dec 8, 2015
  4. zooburner Win User

Microsoft at their best again..

And this worries me they are flipping settings that a user has clearly made themselves, deliberately and explicitly said they do not want to upgrade to windows 10, and Microsoft are showing no respect whatsoever for that choice.

I'm not sure if it's desperation or sheer arrogance, but one thing for sure it is not endearing them to the users, at least ones in the know. Two friends of mine have upgraded thinking that they had no choice, users bandwidth allowance is being used against peoples will, it really does shock me that Microsoft think this is 'okay' behaviour.

I wonder if Brink's solution here:
    Upgrade to Windows 10 Update - Enable or Disable in Windows 7 or 8.1 - Windows 10 Forums
    Will still work... ??

zooburner, Dec 8, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    I had the same question in mind the moment I read that computerworld article.

davidhk, Dec 8, 2015
  6. wyldman68 Win User
    Out of the article:

"according to the developer of a tool that blocks such upgrades."

Developer who makes a tool is the source, free, but asking donations.

"The lack of reports online, including on Microsoft's own Windows 10 support forums, argues that the company has not yet started adding the upgrade to Windows Update on Windows 7/8.1 PCs. "

The above line from the article, gives me pause on this click article, could be just click bait.

wyldman68, Dec 8, 2015
  7. LEE
    Lee Win User
    More of. . .let see what happens when we say that Microsoft is going to do this. . .*Smile

8. Microsoft sets stage for massive Windows 10 upgrade strategy

Man makes utility to block upgrades, then complains when a Microsoft update breaks it.

nigelmercier, Dec 8, 2015
  9. davidhk Win User
    I don't know where you are coming from. ( Figure of speech only ).
    Why shouldn't people complain when MS update breaks the block ?
    MS can easily just go ahead developing its pet project Windows 10, introduce to the world and let us, the Win 7 and Win 8.1 users, decide if we want it or not.
    The article seems to point to the intention that MS is going to shove Win 10 down our throats whether we want it or not.
    And we should not complain ?

Yes, I have read that part................ "Before the upgrade changes the OS of your device, you will be clearly prompted to choose whether or not to continue," Myerson promised in October. If you can believe him.
    Point is, we, the Win 7 and 8.1 users, will be pushed/ nagged to change OS. Like we need another coercion in our daily life.

Let's put aside whether Win 10 is superior to Win 7 and 8.1, that's besides the point.

davidhk, Dec 8, 2015
  10. matfx Win User
    Still the choice are up to the end users he whether or to upgrade, Microsoft doesn't have the right to push consumers for upgrading. And they are promised to extended support for Windows 7 until year 2020 which gave reason users will stay with a stable OS.

matfx, Dec 9, 2015
  11. Atomic77 Win User
    Actually Windows 10 is pretty stable. *Smile

Atomic77, Dec 9, 2015
  12. gator2013 Win User
    At this point there is nothing MS could do that would surprise me when it comes to coercing 7 and 8.1 users to transition to W-10. MS is offering a FREE upgrade to W-10 which they say is the greatest OS ever created and they are practically forcing users to upgrade with almost every trick imaginable short of pulling the plug on 7 and 8.1 earlier than the published timeline and yet the month to month growth rate of W-10 is a pathetic 1+%. MS can't be too happy with those numbers.

As long as my 2 (8.1) PC devices are technically viable they will never see W-10. Since they are both less than 2 years old I figure I can go at least 3 years and probably 5 using this same hardware. I know when the times comes to buy new hardware it will most likely come with W-10 because that will be the only Windows OS available but 2023 is a long way off.

gator2013, Dec 9, 2015
  13. Microsoft sets stage for massive Windows 10 upgrade strategy

Microsoft will force users to download Windows 10 even if you did not install Get Windows 10, Windows Update will still upgrade, sorry. To prevent Windows Update from doing this, you must disable updates. And since I upgraded, Windows 10 is so unstable in most computers even mine with a pretty configuration so DO NOT UPGRADE. The last solution is to disable WIndows Update and to slipstream updates everyday.

dadapotato, Dec 9, 2015
  14. hannelius Win User
    look how quick they dropped support for ME...

i just bought a pc so i could have windows 7 on it...
    can you just disable windows updates altogether?
    you used to be able to do it on 98...
    block, delete, remove in three different places
    so there was no possibility whatsoever...

hannelius, Dec 9, 2015
  15. Tacit Win User
    All three of my computers sing along on windows 10, no problems at all.

Tacit, Dec 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft sets stage for massive Windows 10 upgrade strategy - Similar Threads - Microsoft sets stage

2. Microsoft 10 running massively slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 10 running massively slow: Cutting a long story short. I brought a new laptop, noticed windows was lagging and got online support for the laptop. They're fixing it as we speak. I'm trying to use my main computer gaming one and it's the same problem... .refuses to download anything..refuses updates....
  3. Microsoft 10 running massively slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft 10 running massively slow: Cutting a long story short. I brought a new laptop, noticed windows was lagging and got online support for the laptop. They're fixing it as we speak. I'm trying to use my main computer gaming one and it's the same problem... .refuses to download anything..refuses updates....
  4. Microsoft Defender marketing strategy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender marketing strategy: Hi I'm new to this board, please forgive and support any errors of procedure. Switched on my computer for the first time today this morning. immediately frantic collection of panels came up all purportedly telling me my computer was possibly compromised and that it had...
  5. Windows 10 Updates Strategy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updates Strategy: Hello, I am fairly new to Windows 10 and its update nuances. I was unwillingly drug away from Win7 when support was dropped and am having to completely change my update strategy. I recently upgraded my Win10 Home to Win10 Pro to gain more control over forced updates. I have...
  6. MASSIVE Changes in Performance After Upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MASSIVE Changes in Performance After Upgrading to Windows 10: I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Ultimate via the Installation Media. After the upgrade, it worked properly for about a month, but last few days... it's maybe a week, but now I see MASSIVE changes in performance. A game I play, League of Legends, is waaaay...
  7. Failed four different strategies to upgrade to Win10

Failed four different strategies to upgrade to Win10: Please bear with me in this long saga. I spent from 7:07am to 10:55pm, minus a two hour break, so over 15.5 hours of failed attempts to upgrade from Win8.1 Home to Win 10 Home. I was a participant in the Technical Preview program, and had (still have) the Windows icon in...
  8. win 10 massive upgrade

win 10 massive upgrade: is that posible to upgrade windows 7 into windows 10 in a massive way? example : i have 100 pc.. i want it to upgrade togethere one at a time. to avoid time consumming. 16420
  9. Microsoft's Windows 10 update strategy is showing strains?

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's Windows 10 update strategy is showing strains?: Analysts argue that Microsoft should cut the number of Windows 10 upgrades in half and pledge to support each version for 24 months. Windows 10's rapid release machinery and short-lived support schemes showed some strain in 2017, as Microsoft reduced the number of annual...
  10. Inside Microsoft's build-a-bot strategy

in Windows 10 News
    Inside Microsoft's build-a-bot strategy: Microsoft Research, its Developer Experience team and its Applications and Services Group are all building out pieces of the company's evolving bot platform. Here's what's under the hood. Tomorrow, Facebook is expected to roll out new bot-related programming interfaces and...