Windows 10: Microsoft sets stage for massive Windows 10 upgrade strategy

Discus and support Microsoft sets stage for massive Windows 10 upgrade strategy in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hi there. What am I doing WRONG !!!. I've had very few problems with W10 running on a whole slew of different hardware -- apart from some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by davidhk, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Wynona Win User

Microsoft sets stage for massive Windows 10 upgrade strategy

Agreed Jimbo. I must be doing something wrong because Windows 10 is working flawlessly for me. I have no problems whatsoever.

Errr, ummm, well . . . Edge is aptly named . . . it's somewhere out there at the edge of nowhere near reliable. *Smile

Insiders using the Technical Preview of Windows 10 were told early on that we couldn't hide/block updates because Microsoft wants us to test it all. However, it seems that Microsoft may have even decided to let us block driver updates. At any rate, I'm pretty sure that those who have upgraded to Windows 10 (and left the Preview) are able to block some updates, but not security updates.

Wynona, Dec 13, 2015
  2. Ghost82 Win User

Well, you know... they can, but they shouldn't.

Ghost82, Dec 13, 2015
  3. Trust_No1 Win User
    To all who state that Windows 10 works flawlessly for them, or runs fine on their 35 kazillon home computers. That is not the point. The point of the OP is about something else. Why is it the fan bois always find a need to peddle Microsoft's wares. I don't care if you like it and don't have problems.

I ran it and it was not a pleasant experience. The OP comment was about being forced down people's throats. I don't use Windows 10 and I don't like it to even appear on my 7 and 8 machines (what this article is about). There are so many things about 10 I dislike, if I see it running on a machine I want to bash in the screen. So you run it, fine. Don't shove it in my face or down my throat, Microsoft does enough of it. Get a clue, and please try to keep on subject.

Trust_No1, Dec 13, 2015
  4. Leopard Win User

They came here to gloat. I suggest they open a new thread and make the subject: ' The Perfect 10' . All of you who chose W10 can share your success and love for the new OS in that thread. No one is questioning their decision to chose W10. This thread is for those who do not like W10 being forced on them. They want it to be their decision. They have W7/8 licenses, have agreed to the EULAs and have accepted extended support (that MS offered) until 2020 / 20233 respectfully. This is a contract that they believe that Microsoft is trying to violate.

Leopard, Dec 13, 2015
  5. groze Win User
    I am not saying this is always the case. I have read drivers update programs from manufacture conflicts with windows update in windows 10. In my case for my system, I found out it is best to let windows 10 windows update to handle the driver update. To be fair, some people have better luck with driver update program from the manufacture.

On some Oem systems, the driver update programs is not meant for windows 10. Those should be uninstalled before upgrading to 10 and let windows 10 windows update handle updating the drivers.

I use both windows 7 & windows 10.

I still have a shutdown problem with windows 10.

groze, Dec 13, 2015
  6. zooburner Win User
    You know what's weird..

Windows 10 may become the most used, and the most unwanted O.S. both at the same time !!

zooburner, Dec 13, 2015
  7. WHS
    whs Win User
    It's funny, but I have not seen a trace of Windows 10 on my systems. I would not like to get it forced on me, but it would be OK to look at it in a virtual partition. Maybe I download one and try it there.

8. Trust_No1 Win User

I think you got the unwanted part correct. LOL
    *Tongue

Trust_No1, Dec 13, 2015
  9. Wynona Win User
    When you got it, flaunt it!

BTW, I did post a thread like what you mention.

As I said above; read the entire post before telling any of us what we can and cannot say in this thread. Until the moderator tells me I'm out of line, you don't have that right.

Wynona, Dec 13, 2015
  10. WHS
    whs Win User
    I would not get too desperate about Windows 10. I am sure over time they will correct all the shortcomings and it will become a fine OS.

11. Leopard Win User
    Nobody is telling you what you can say or not say. Just chose the appropriate thread in which to do it.

Leopard, Dec 13, 2015
  12. gator2013 Win User
    It must have gotten lost among all the W-10 problem threads otherwise you wouldn't be posting on this one.*Huh

gator2013, Dec 13, 2015
  13. Wynona Win User

O . . . K . . . You're telling me I can't talk about what's good about Windows 10, but you point out all the flaws? You want to tell me I'm cramming it down your throat, but you want to bash in the screen of a computer running Windows 10? May I ask, "Why are you participating in a Windows 10 Forum?" I'm quite sure there should be a "Windows 10 Bashing" thread in eightforums.com or sevenforums.com.

Have you read the article in its entirety? If not, I'd suggest you do so. You may be surprised at the amount of misinformation contained therein.

It seems to me that Microsoft has made their plans abundantly clear. From the article:

While I wonder about Josh Mayfield's statement:

I also wonder about some of his statements and also his app:

Could it be that his app is causing the GWX fiasco? Hmmmmmmmm?

Quoting Terry Myerson:

Looks pretty clear to me.

Money seems to always be the object in any free app. One way or another . . .

And finally:

So, it seems the app doesn't stop anything; it just has a way to turn it off for the moment. Hmmm, can't we already do that in Windows 7 and 8.1?

Wynona, Dec 13, 2015
  14. Wynona Win User
    Looks like the naysayers are trying to outnumber us, Jeff. Ain't agonna work, ya know?

Wynona, Dec 13, 2015
  15. groze Win User
    Let changes subject for a moment, I thought the GWX Control Panel was recommend by Brink? (I maybe confusing posters).

groze, Dec 13, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft sets stage for massive Windows 10 upgrade strategy - Similar Threads - Microsoft sets stage

2. Microsoft 10 running massively slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 10 running massively slow: Cutting a long story short. I brought a new laptop, noticed windows was lagging and got online support for the laptop. They're fixing it as we speak. I'm trying to use my main computer gaming one and it's the same problem... .refuses to download anything..refuses updates....
  3. Microsoft 10 running massively slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft 10 running massively slow: Cutting a long story short. I brought a new laptop, noticed windows was lagging and got online support for the laptop. They're fixing it as we speak. I'm trying to use my main computer gaming one and it's the same problem... .refuses to download anything..refuses updates....
  4. Microsoft Defender marketing strategy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender marketing strategy: Hi I'm new to this board, please forgive and support any errors of procedure. Switched on my computer for the first time today this morning. immediately frantic collection of panels came up all purportedly telling me my computer was possibly compromised and that it had...
  5. Windows 10 Updates Strategy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updates Strategy: Hello, I am fairly new to Windows 10 and its update nuances. I was unwillingly drug away from Win7 when support was dropped and am having to completely change my update strategy. I recently upgraded my Win10 Home to Win10 Pro to gain more control over forced updates. I have...
  6. MASSIVE Changes in Performance After Upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MASSIVE Changes in Performance After Upgrading to Windows 10: I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Ultimate via the Installation Media. After the upgrade, it worked properly for about a month, but last few days... it's maybe a week, but now I see MASSIVE changes in performance. A game I play, League of Legends, is waaaay...
  7. Failed four different strategies to upgrade to Win10

Failed four different strategies to upgrade to Win10: Please bear with me in this long saga. I spent from 7:07am to 10:55pm, minus a two hour break, so over 15.5 hours of failed attempts to upgrade from Win8.1 Home to Win 10 Home. I was a participant in the Technical Preview program, and had (still have) the Windows icon in...
  8. win 10 massive upgrade

win 10 massive upgrade: is that posible to upgrade windows 7 into windows 10 in a massive way? example : i have 100 pc.. i want it to upgrade togethere one at a time. to avoid time consumming. 16420
  9. Microsoft's Windows 10 update strategy is showing strains?

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's Windows 10 update strategy is showing strains?: Analysts argue that Microsoft should cut the number of Windows 10 upgrades in half and pledge to support each version for 24 months. Windows 10's rapid release machinery and short-lived support schemes showed some strain in 2017, as Microsoft reduced the number of annual...
  10. Inside Microsoft's build-a-bot strategy

in Windows 10 News
    Inside Microsoft's build-a-bot strategy: Microsoft Research, its Developer Experience team and its Applications and Services Group are all building out pieces of the company's evolving bot platform. Here's what's under the hood. Tomorrow, Facebook is expected to roll out new bot-related programming interfaces and...