Windows 10: Microsoft Sharing Points Not Working

Discus and support Microsoft Sharing Points Not Working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hey, I’m trying to send points over to a family member and the option is completely gone but it says in text that I can share points when there’s no... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Hi_658, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Hi_658 Win User

Microsoft Sharing Points Not Working

Hey, I’m trying to send points over to a family member and the option is completely gone but it says in text that I can share points when there’s no button to do so? I also heard many people are going through the same issue. What’s going on? Is the sending of points been discontinued?

:)

Hi_658, Jul 20, 2021

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jul 20, 2021
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Sharing Points Not Working - Similar Threads - Microsoft Sharing Points

2. Troubleshooting free Share Point Migration Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubleshooting free Share Point Migration Tool: Hi,I am using the free Sharepoint Migration Tool. It worked fine till Monday 18.12.2023. On Wednesday 20.12.2023 it shows an error:The program has problems during initialization. Please check your system environment again according to the troubleshooting...
  3. Troubleshooting free Share Point Migration Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting free Share Point Migration Tool: Hi,I am using the free Sharepoint Migration Tool. It worked fine till Monday 18.12.2023. On Wednesday 20.12.2023 it shows an error:The program has problems during initialization. Please check your system environment again according to the troubleshooting...
  4. Microsoft Teams Screen Sharing not working

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Teams Screen Sharing not working: [IMG]If Microsoft Teams Screen Sharing is not working then this post is sure to help you. Microsoft Teams is an online workspace that allows people to hold meetings, share ideas and content. But users have recently complained that screen sharing is not working on Microsoft...
  5. Microsoft Points Rewards - Points not been counted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Points Rewards - Points not been counted: Customer Services Said that the issue was one of blocking came up with this about:blank#blocked Microsoft teams working on this issue ? reference points not been counted has anyone else been given this information? One opinion was this was entanglement with Minecraft Gamers?...
  6. Share points with the family is not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Share points with the family is not working: I want to share points with the family but there is no display for me to do soMicrosoftplease help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-points-with-the-family-is-not-working/52861944-688b-4264-ac17-2ee3475a9d0a
  7. Microsoft Rewards Points Sharing Has Disappeared - Why?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Rewards Points Sharing Has Disappeared - Why?: I logged into my Rewards page and I clicked on Community so I could give some of my points to a Family member and then, much to my dismay, I can no longer find a way to give some of my points to a Family member. I can't find anything to click on when I enter 'Community.So my...
  8. Microsoft Points

in Cortana
    Microsoft Points: For some reason, it won't give me points every time I search. But the activities to get points still work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-points/edb43b32-d901-4afb-96aa-e0678f5b4748
  9. Microsoft Whiteboard Sharing Links NOT working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Whiteboard Sharing Links NOT working!: We're part of an on-line class using Zoom for our meetings. Whiteboard is essential. The instructor is able to export the meeting Whiteboard into a png and send out the png -- however, the resulting image is extremely hazy and hard to read. This is because the default png...
  10. shared partition points to wrong space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    shared partition points to wrong space: Recently expanded a shared partition. Network does not recognize new size. Deleted and recreated partition and reset share settings and rebooted both computers. Not only does the network not recognize the size, but it shows files that are not on the partition. If I add a file...