Windows 10: Microsoft sheds more light on the special Windows 10 20H2 update

Discus and support Microsoft sheds more light on the special Windows 10 20H2 update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; On October 20, Microsoft said that it has started pushing the Windows 10 October 2020 Update to seekers outside the Windows Insider program. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 27, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft sheds more light on the special Windows 10 20H2 update

On October 20, Microsoft said that it has started pushing the Windows 10 October 2020 Update to seekers outside the Windows Insider program. In September, Windows 10’s October 2020 Update was released to beta testers and Microsoft says the update is now ready for consumers.

In a new update to its documentation, Microsoft noted that the October 2020 Update is still not available for everyone. If you want to get it now, you will need to hit the ‘Check for updates’ button and wait until the update is offered to your device.

Microsoft also noted that they’re throttling the availability of Windows 10 version 20H2 to ensure a reliable download experience. In other words, some of you may not see the update even when you try to become a seeker.

Fortunately, Microsoft says users can still force upgrade their computers by downloading Windows 10 ISO files or with the Media Creation Tool.

In another support documentation, Microsoft confirmed that users should first download and install the following updates before applying Windows 10 October 2020 Update:

Windows 10 version 2004 and version 20H2 share the core operating system and both versions have an identical set of system files. Windows 10 20H2 is also identical to November 2019 Update, but version 20H2 package size is larger than version 1909 due to one file – Microsoft Edge standalone installer.

In the same support document, Microsoft noted that Windows 10 October 2020 Update comes with Edge standalone installer that weighs around 88mb. If you take Microsoft Edge out of the equation, this feature update is actually just a small “enablement package” that weighs less than 1mb.

Microsoft sheds more light on the special Windows 10 20H2 update Edge-installer.jpg

The biggest change in the October 2020 Update is the “new” Edge browser. The new version is based on Chromium and Microsoft is bundling the Edge standalone installer for smooth upgrade experience.

Microsoft Edge’s Chromium edition is efficient and smooth, and it hides the classic Edge browser.

The post Microsoft sheds more light on the special Windows 10 20H2 update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 27, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft testing blue light reduction feature for Windows 10

"Microsoft is slowly revealing new features in its next major update to Windows 10, and it appears blue light reduction feature might be a future addition. The software giant released a new build of Windows 10 testers yesterday with very few visible additions, but Windows enthusiasts have already started picking it apart for clues on new features. Twitter user "Core"has discovered references to a "BlueLightReduction" setting deep within the next major update to Windows 10 (codenamed Redstone 2). It appears to be a setting that will be toggled from the Action Center (notification center) in the operating system.

F.lux has been the most popular option for Windows users looking to reduce blue light in the evenings, but Microsoft's own native toggle will bring this feature to every Windows 10 user. Apple has also integrated a similar feature in iOS 9, but it hasn't announced any plans to bring blue light reduction to Mac OS yet. Microsoft only appears to be testing the feature right now, so there's no guarantee it will ship in the update due early next year. If Microsoft does implement it fully then it will presumably be available on the mobile version of Windows 10, too.
    "

Microsoft testing blue light reduction feature for Windows 10

P4-630, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Reefer86 Win User

Reefer86, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft sheds more light on the special Windows 10 20H2 update - Similar Threads - Microsoft sheds more

2. Microsoft sheds light on Windows 11 version 23H2

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft sheds light on Windows 11 version 23H2: Microsoft plans to release Windows 11 version 23H2 later this year. The update will be a smaller feature update release, which offers advantages and maybe also some disappointments for users of the operating system. When Microsoft released Windows 11, it let everyone know...
  3. Restting PC in Load Shedding

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restting PC in Load Shedding: I have a laptop and my area has a huge load shedding. When I am going to reset the PC without a charger I am getting this error"PC cant reset on battery power". So, My question is that "is anything bad happen while resetting my laptop and curr et gone?? " Thanks in Advanced...
  4. Microsoft’s doc sheds light on upcoming Windows 10 versions

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s doc sheds light on upcoming Windows 10 versions: Windows 11 or Sun Valley is coming and all the evidence points to big changes, revamped UI for Start Menu, a new Windows Store, and more. At Microsoft’s Build 2021 conference, CEO Satya Nadella revealed that they would unveil the “next generation of Windows” this year and...
  5. Windows 10 20H2 19042.746 - Dark and light Context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 20H2 19042.746 - Dark and light Context menu: Hi All Please I have Windows 10 20h2 19042.746. my problem is with dark mode, the dark mode works fine with all menus and interface, but there is a problem with the context menu; when I make right-click on any file except image file ----> dark context menu appears while make...
  6. Hoping someone can shed some light...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hoping someone can shed some light...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/taytertitties69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lwnhea/hoping_someone_can_shed_some_light/
  7. Edge not responding, updated windows 10 20h2 and got into more trouble

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Edge not responding, updated windows 10 20h2 and got into more trouble: For the past 2 days I have been getting Edge not respondingspinning blue donut went to google for help and was told to get the latest updates. Added 20h2 update. Upon startup after adding pin, the screen went blank. Finally went to Ctrl/Shift/F10 and the desk top appeared but...
  8. Can anyone shed some light on this message in my event viewer? Thanks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can anyone shed some light on this message in my event viewer? Thanks: It's 'Information' level, Event ID: 4107: 'A caller specified the SDC_FORCE_MODE_ENUMERATION flag in a call to the SetDisplayConfig() API' I feel like it coincided with my screen flashing black for half a second during full screen gaming, any idea what it is? thanks...
  9. New report sheds light on interface and capabilities of Windows Lite

in Windows 10 News
    New report sheds light on interface and capabilities of Windows Lite: Multiple rumours have confirmed that Microsoft is internally developing a new version of Windows, which could be launched under a new brand, to compete with Chromebooks in the education sector. It’s not clear whether Microsoft will launch the new lightweight platform as...
  10. Report sheds light on Microsoft’s plans for Windows dual-screen devices

in Windows 10 News
    Report sheds light on Microsoft’s plans for Windows dual-screen devices: Microsoft is said to be working on dual-screen devices hardware and software, according to reports published in the past few months. The dual-screen device project comes down to both software and hardware that will eventually bring us a new product category. There are...