Windows 10: Microsoft should use more of Vulkan API in Gaming

Discus and support Microsoft should use more of Vulkan API in Gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Microsoft is using DirectX libraries for all its visual related tasks. But why Microsoft is not working or using Vulkan instead of DirectX for gaming.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JeewanPunetha, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Microsoft should use more of Vulkan API in Gaming

Microsoft is using DirectX libraries for all its visual related tasks. But why Microsoft is not working or using Vulkan instead of DirectX for gaming. As we all know that Vulkan is much better in gaming because we get more FPS in less powerful hardware as Vulkan makes use of both CPU and GPU. I got one news article related to DirectX vs OpenGL vs Vulkan API? I thinks Microsoft should more focus on using Vulkan API.

:)

JeewanPunetha, Dec 23, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Intel announces official support for Vulkan graphics API on Windows

Source: Intel announces that we are moving from beta support to full official support for the Vulkan* API on Windows going forward. | Intel(R) Software

Brink, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Vulkan

Hi,

Windows does not care which approved API you use.

Best to check with your Video Device Maker's Support, their on-line documentation, and forums. The same for the programs and games you plan to run/play also can offer suggestions.

Vulkan - Wiki info

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulkan_(API)

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Vya Domus Win User

Microsoft should use more of Vulkan API in Gaming

NVIDIA Adapting RTX Ray-tracing to Vulkan API

Most are still convinced Vulkan is secretly tweaked by AMD to give them an unparalleled advantage.

Vya Domus, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft should use more of Vulkan API in Gaming

1. Microsoft should use more of Vulkan API in Gaming - Similar Threads - Microsoft should more

2. Game using more memory than it should

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game using more memory than it should: I can not load into my game Rust it crashes not long into loading and i checked with task manager and it seems to be getting to about 90% memory using like 15gb and i have 16gb then it crashes but while it is crashing it for about 10 seconds i cant click and my mouse is...
  3. Game using more memory than it should

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game using more memory than it should: I can not load into my game Rust it crashes not long into loading and i checked with task manager and it seems to be getting to about 90% memory using like 15gb and i have 16gb then it crashes but while it is crashing it for about 10 seconds i cant click and my mouse is...
  4. Using Microsoft cryptographic API

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using Microsoft cryptographic API: I am using Visual studio and developing application. I come across Bcrypt.h header - Win32 apps Microsoft Docs Microsoft cryptographic library.I would like to know If there any additional license cost of using this library or we can use it as part of normal SDK. Is there any...
  5. Using Microsoft cryptographic API

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Microsoft cryptographic API: I am using Visual studio and developing application. I come across Bcrypt.h header - Win32 apps Microsoft Docs Microsoft cryptographic library.I would like to know If there any additional license cost of using this library or we can use it as part of normal SDK. Is there any...
  6. Using Microsoft cryptographic API

7. Hdr issue in gaming on windows 11/10 all versions in opengl/vulkan api or all other apis...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hdr issue in gaming on windows 11/10 all versions in opengl/vulkan api or all other apis...: Hi,I own a nice hdr monitor, in which i use generally always hdr mode instead sdr. The colors are not bad and the brightness is much higher, making the image much brighter and more vivid. In some games, i use the implemented hdr, but in games where hdr looks bad, i just use...
  8. Hdr issue in gaming on windows 11/10 all versions in opengl/vulkan api or all other apis...

Hdr issue in gaming on windows 11/10 all versions in opengl/vulkan api or all other apis...: Hi,I own a nice hdr monitor, in which i use generally always hdr mode instead sdr. The colors are not bad and the brightness is much higher, making the image much brighter and more vivid. In some games, i use the implemented hdr, but in games where hdr looks bad, i just use...
  9. Microsoft Making Win32 APIs More Accessible to More Languages

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Making Win32 APIs More Accessible to More Languages: Introduction Win32 APIs provide powerful functionality that let you get the most out of Windows in your applications. While these APIs are readily accessible to C and C++ developers, other languages like C# and Rust require wrappers or bindings in order to access these APIs....
  10. Vulkan RunTime Libraries - Should I delete it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Vulkan RunTime Libraries - Should I delete it?: What is this? Should I delete it? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this/25b2d82a-e66c-43da-84b8-b9c5dd4f9209