Windows 10: Microsoft showcases upcoming changes in Fluent Design system

Discus and support Microsoft showcases upcoming changes in Fluent Design system in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier this week at Build 2018 developer conference, Microsoft showcases upcoming changes in the Fluent Design System. In a dedicated session named... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 12, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft showcases upcoming changes in Fluent Design system

Earlier this week at Build 2018 developer conference, Microsoft showcases upcoming changes in the Fluent Design System. In a dedicated session named “Fluent Design: Evolving out Design System”, Microsoft announced what’s coming to the Fluent Design system with next major Windows 10 update.

Fluent Desing System is a revamp of MSDL2 (Microsoft Design Language 2). Fluent Design System is all about delivering a consistent experience to a user across the device. One of the biggest upcoming changes in Fluent Design system is command bar flyout. Rather than showing the tools and options at the top of the screen, the command bar flyout allows developers to integrate various tools and options inline where a user is working on.

Microsoft is integrating command bar flyout in OneNote Universal Windows Platform app and it will be available to Windows Insiders in upcoming weeks.

Another exciting feature is z-depth which will allow developers to specify the stack order of an element. So basically, an element with greater stack order is always in front of an element with a lower stack order. Furthermore, Microsoft also bringing the all-new way of managing color palette for an app. Developers will able to manage each color controller separately.

The pop-up will also have a layer of transparency as well as acrylic effects. Microsoft also made some changes to the navigation guidelines as well. This means company finally acknowledgment the 2 back button in the app. You can check out the new navigation pane in an image below.

Microsoft showcases upcoming changes in Fluent Design system [​IMG]
    Image source: Neowin.net

Basically, when Microsoft first launched the Universal Windows Platform, the apps were designed by focusing the touchscreen device, but it is quite painful for the users with mouse and keyboard. And this is the reason why Microsoft is offering the standard and compact views now.

So with upcoming changes in Fluent Design Element, the user interaction with an app will automatically vary. Sure, the developers need to make lots of changes to the ground app written UWP app. But on another hand, there will be a huge benefit for the Progressive Web Apps.

The post Microsoft showcases upcoming changes in Fluent Design system appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 12, 2018
  2. AbhiKr Win User

Fluent design not working in windows 10 1803

I just installed windows 10 1803 (non insider). Everything worked fine except one thing, fluent design, even though transparency effect is turned on. Its not available in any of the apps. Everything looked like the previous version.

AbhiKr, May 23, 2018
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 23, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft showcases upcoming changes in Fluent Design system

1. Microsoft showcases upcoming changes in Fluent Design system - Similar Threads - Microsoft showcases upcoming

2. Microsoft's Fluent Design system comes to the web

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft's Fluent Design system comes to the web: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NiveaGeForce [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/6fwzvg/microsofts_fluent_design_system_comes_to_the_web/
  3. Re Fluent Design

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re Fluent Design: With the release of windows 10 version 22h2 in the coming months will we see more fluent design changes and perhaps minor ui changes as well? or is that it for good old 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-fluent-design/db17937c-6960-48fa-81d2-5142acf942cf
  4. Re Fluent Design

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re Fluent Design: With the release of windows 10 version 22h2 in the coming months will we see more fluent design changes and perhaps minor ui changes as well? or is that it for good old 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-fluent-design/db17937c-6960-48fa-81d2-5142acf942cf
  5. Re Fluent Design

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Fluent Design

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fluent Design: Is there any fluent design and animation software for windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fluent-design/3b059711-276d-4fa4-9ca2-1da37c431e52
  7. Missing Fluent Design System Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Fluent Design System Icons: It appears that all the system icons have been converted to the new Fluent Design Style expect for the "Settings" and "Windows Security" icons. Not sure why that is and is it possible to change them somehow? Thanks, Windows 10 Home Version: 20H2 Built: 19042.867...
  8. Fluent Design

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fluent Design: Is this a joke?-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcBGj4R7Fo0 microsoft said it will do this. but this only happened in apps. i need ui but then you didnt do the ui. the desktop is just same,the start is changed but the others are not changed. file explorer is not changed,...
  9. Microsoft expanding the Fluent design to OneDrive for Android

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft expanding the Fluent design to OneDrive for Android: In this day and age, work doesn’t always take place in an office space. Information workers are expected to stay connected to their files on the go, whether they are traveling to a client’s location, meeting a customer at a café or working remotely....
  10. Build app using Microsoft’s Fluent Design System

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Build app using Microsoft’s Fluent Design System: Hello, first off I apologize if I am posting in the wrong place.. I am new to posting on reddit. So I am building an enterprise application for Windows 10 that uses PowerShell. The app basically automates the provisioning of Active Directory accounts. Right now I have a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft showcases upcoming