Windows 10: Microsoft shows OEMs how to market Windows 10; talks features and SKUs

Discus and support Microsoft shows OEMs how to market Windows 10; talks features and SKUs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] As we’re getting closer and closer to the launch of Windows 10 on July 29th, Microsoft is not only polishing the OS, but it’s also pushing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft shows OEMs how to market Windows 10; talks features and SKUs

Read more: Microsoft shows OEMs how to market Windows 10; talks features and SKUs

Brink, Jun 9, 2015
  2. LEE
    Lee Win User

Thanks. . .good info. . .*Thumbs

:)

3. Best license option for Windows 10 single-purpose device

IoT for Industry Devices is the successor to Windows 8.1 Embedded Industry Pro.

It looks like since Microsoft introduced it they renamed it:

In addition, we also have an OEM exclusive SKU ‘Windows 10 IoT Core Pro’ which provides an ability to defer and control updates. This SKU can be licensed via distributors. You can find more information

here
    . Except for the servicing model difference, the features are the same between these two SKUs of Windows 10 IoT Core.

In order to get it, you have to do it through a Distributor such as Dell.

Windows 10 IoT Core Official Website | Developer Resource | Windows IoT

Andre Da Costa, Jun 9, 2015
  4. N.Jain Win User

Making phone calls in Win 10 desktop SKU

Hi,

I want to know as an OEM, that is it possible to have Windows 10 Desktop SKU on my 7 inch device and be able to make phone calls?

For some reason I want it to be desktop SKU.

Thanks

N.Jain, Jun 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft shows OEMs how to market Windows 10; talks features and SKUs - Similar Threads - Microsoft shows OEMs

2. Windows Microsoft Defender shows "IT Restricted features"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Microsoft Defender shows "IT Restricted features": I have Windows 11 Pro. The problem started after I had factory reset the device. When I tried to enter the Windows Microsoft Defender, I saw just a black screen, and when I tried to enter the Virus and Protection through Search then it showed "Your IT Administrator has...
  3. Windows Microsoft Defender shows "IT Restricted features"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Microsoft Defender shows "IT Restricted features": I have Windows 11 Pro. The problem started after I had factory reset the device. When I tried to enter the Windows Microsoft Defender, I saw just a black screen, and when I tried to enter the Virus and Protection through Search then it showed "Your IT Administrator has...
  4. How do I talk to someone at Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I talk to someone at Microsoft?: There is no option to ask a question about my Microsoft Account.My account was hacked and my recovery email was changed. Then someone spent $826.85 on a computer purchase that pulled funds from my bank. I tried to log into my Microsoft Account, but was unable to. The password...
  5. Microsoft Defender marketing strategy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender marketing strategy: Hi I'm new to this board, please forgive and support any errors of procedure. Switched on my computer for the first time today this morning. immediately frantic collection of panels came up all purportedly telling me my computer was possibly compromised and that it had...
  6. Purchased a Windows 10 Pro key from Microsoft but it shows OEM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Purchased a Windows 10 Pro key from Microsoft but it shows OEM: I wanted to upgrade my Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, so I purchased a Window 10 Pro Product Key directly from Microsoft.com. However, after I upgraded my computer and ran the VB script, it shows the following; Name: WIndows R, professional edition Description: Windows...
  7. Microsoft Windows OEM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Windows OEM: I want to know if there are documents that explain the correct procedure for purchasing Windows OEM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-oem/a4abeab9-e935-4f8c-b477-14c9af40c9b9"
  8. Latest market share report shows Windows 10’s growth

in Windows 10 News
    Latest market share report shows Windows 10’s growth: Microsoft has already confirmed that it will stop supporting the decades-old Windows 7 operating system in January 2020. Microsoft has been putting all its efforts to convince users to upgrade to Windows 10 as it apparently offers a more secure and smooth experience....
  9. Latest market share report shows Windows 10 is growing

in Windows 10 News
    Latest market share report shows Windows 10 is growing: The analytics firms have released their latest market share report and it shows that Microsoft’s Windows 10 is growing. For example, the latest data from Valve’s gaming distribution platform Steam shows that Windows 10 share on its platform has increased to over 61.24% and...
  10. New stats show Windows 10 is close to 50% market share

in Windows 10 News
    New stats show Windows 10 is close to 50% market share: Microsoft launched Windows 10 in July 2015, three years ago from now. Earlier this year, analytics firm StatCounter revealed that Windows 10 has surpassed Windows 7 for the first time and the latest data from the firm has another good news for the software giant. The latest...