Windows 10: Microsoft shows off new colourful icons for Windows 10 apps and Office suite

Discus and support Microsoft shows off new colourful icons for Windows 10 apps and Office suite in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is preparing a major refresh of its Microsoft Office icons on all platforms. The last redesign was introduced in 2013 and the latest Office... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 30, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft shows off new colourful icons for Windows 10 apps and Office suite

Microsoft is preparing a major refresh of its Microsoft Office icons on all platforms. The last redesign was introduced in 2013 and the latest Office 2019 was released a couple of weeks ago with same legacy icons.

Microsoft’s design team has detailed how the new icons of Microsoft Office apps could look on Windows 10 and other platforms.

“From the get-go, we embraced Office’s rich history and used it to inform design decisions. Strong colors have always been at the core of the Office brand, and new icons are a chance to evolve our palette. Color differentiates apps and creates personality, and for the new icons we chose hues that are bolder, lighter and friendlier — a nod to how Office has evolved,” Microsoft explains.

In a video uploaded by Microsoft, it’s also noticeable that Windows 10 apps such as Photos and File Explorer also have new icons. While Microsoft hasn’t officially announced new icons for Windows 10 apps, in the mockup images, it appears that the software giant is also considering new icons for many of its first-party apps including the Photos and Calculator.

Microsoft shows off new colourful icons for Windows 10 apps and Office suite Windows-10-icons.jpg
    Image Courtesy: Microsoft

As you can see in the above screenshot, the new icons imagined in the mockup is definitely an interesting change but it’s not clear if these icons will be shipped with Windows 10’s Spring 2019 update or not.

The icons are colourful and they’re better than the current simplistic icons we have in Windows 10 October 2018 Update or later. What do you think of all these new icons? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

The post Microsoft shows off new colourful icons for Windows 10 apps and Office suite appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 30, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Florrian Win User
    Modify Microsoft Office Icons/Tiles

To modify both the icons and tiles of programs such as Microsoft Office suite, Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird, it gets one step trickier than what I explained above. After having creating the shortcut toward the fake homonym app, you need to use Windows Tile Color Changer to change the tile background color. Just click "Change Tile Color" without selecting any to get the automatic background color (orange in my case).

Step by step:
    1. Go in Microsoft Office folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15 for Windows 10 and Office 15)
    2. Rename EXCEL.EXE in EXCEL2.EXE, or any other application whose icon you want to edit
    3. Create a new text document (or whatever you like) on your desktop, and give it the initial name of the Office application you are working on (EXCEL.exe here)
    4. Move the fake file into the Office folder
    5. Create a shortcut toward the fake application on your desktop, and change shortcut icon (you will not be able to do it anymore after step 6)
    5. bis Change tile background color using Windows Tile Color Changer
    6. Delete the fake file in the Office folder, and give the real Office program its original name
    7. Pin your new shortcut to your Start menu

And here is the result:

Microsoft shows off new colourful icons for Windows 10 apps and Office suite [​IMG]

Florrian, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Microsoft shows off new colourful icons for Windows 10 apps and Office suite

Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

How is this news or surprising to anyone?
    Especially when there are viable and arguably better open-source alternatives out there.. For those of us who don't use Microsoft Office, this isn't a problem.

lexluthermiester, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft shows off new colourful icons for Windows 10 apps and Office suite

1. Microsoft shows off new colourful icons for Windows 10 apps and Office suite - Similar Threads - Microsoft shows off

2. Microsoft shows off new design ideas for Windows 10 apps

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft shows off new design ideas for Windows 10 apps: Microsoft is taking the Windows 10 redesign seriously and the company is now exploring improvements for the Store apps too. Microsoft is considering a few new design changes that would affect the way apps display ListView, GridView, buttons and other elements in their...
  3. 2019 Microsoft office suite

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    2019 Microsoft office suite: Does anyone know if the offer from Software Discount Store for $31.99 is a valid offer? Supposedly a one time purchase & download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2019-microsoft-office-suite/e46e7a20-eada-4b25-81d8-01beff17a979
  4. Office 365 Colourful icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Office 365 Colourful icons: My Office 365 (including OneDrive) now have grey icons. Is there any way to restore them to their original colourful icons? Now it's horrible (I know it's because they are going to change the Start Menu, but please, don't break the actual one) submitted by /u/eneko613...
  5. Microsoft office suite not printing in colour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft office suite not printing in colour: HI wondering if someone can help. For some reason I cannot print documents from my computer in colour. If i print from my phone to my printer no problem but as soon as I print from my computer it defaults to black and white - any suggestions...
  6. New Microsoft App Icons - Tile Accent Colour

New Microsoft App Icons - Tile Accent Colour: Hello The new Windows icon designs are starting to grow on me but I have noticed that the tile background for them is stuck on bright blue, regardless of the accent color selected in the Personalization settings. This is affecting tiles Mail, Calendar, Alarms & Clock,...
  7. Microsoft announces a new Office app for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces a new Office app for Windows 10: Microsoft recently released a new Windows 10 Bild 18305 for Insiders enrolled in the Fast Ring with many new features. The changes included in this build are part of the Windows 10 19H1 update which is supposed to be released to the public in April 2019. The latest build...
  8. Microsoft releases new Insider build 10828 for Office suite on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases new Insider build 10828 for Office suite on Windows: Microsoft has just released September 2018 update for Office Insiders, bringing a bunch of improvements and fixes. These changes would become available to public customers once testing with Insiders is complete. At the moment, the new Office preview build is available for...
  9. Office Suite icons not appearing

Office Suite icons not appearing: Hello, I just bought a Dell. At first there was no problem, but just today the icons for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are not appearing when I hit Start. I can access the programs by using Search, but the icons should also appear when I hit Start. As of now there are just 3...
  10. Microsoft shows off new Office features at MWC 2015

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft shows off new Office features at MWC 2015: [img] Towards the beginning of the year, Microsoft teased users with a new version of Office for Windows 10 on phones and tablets. At Mobile World Congress 2015, Microsoft has given us a bit more detail about the forthcoming application. While not much was revealed, we...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft shows off new colourful icons for Windows 10 apps and Office suite