Windows 10: Microsoft shows off new Windows 10 UI for flyout and context menu

Discus and support Microsoft shows off new Windows 10 UI for flyout and context menu in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; According to various reports and leaks, Windows 10 Sun Valley upgrade is set to bring back ’rounded corners’ from the days of Windows 7 and Vista. As... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 20, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft shows off new Windows 10 UI for flyout and context menu

According to various reports and leaks, Windows 10 Sun Valley upgrade is set to bring back ’rounded corners’ from the days of Windows 7 and Vista. As part of the redesign, top-level UIs will be ditching sharp corners for rounded corners, representing a change of aesthetic for Windows 10.

Back in the old days, Microsoft used both rounded and sharp corners for top-level UIs in Windows, but the rounded corners and aero effects were abandoned in favour of sharp corners and Fluent Design.

Microsoft is now considering a new interface for the flyout menus (DatePicker, TimePicker, etc) in Windows apps. The new visual update for the flyout menu aims to deliver an “x-ray” kind of effect where the colour is swapped in when the wheels come to rest.

Microsoft shows off new Windows 10 UI for flyout and context menu Windows-10-flyout-menu.jpg

“This lets us do a colour swap dynamically even during the scrolling, which gets a really smooth looking “x-ray” kind of effect,” Microsoft noted in a proposal posted on Github. As of January 21, the proposal seems to have been approved.

Microsoft shows off new Windows 10 UI for flyout and context menu Windows-10-context-menu-1.jpg

In another Github proposal, Microsoft highlighted the ’rounded corner’ changes coming to Windows 10 menus within the modern apps and settings. Microsoft intends to update the padding/margins for menus with additional spacing between items.

As you can see in the below screenshot, Microsoft is also adding rounded corners on menu items and the menus will still support Fluent Design.

Microsoft shows off new Windows 10 UI for flyout and context menu Windows-10-app-menu.jpg

Based on these mock-up screenshots, it is clear that the tech giant is betting big on ’rounded corners’ to change the interface of the OS and return to design style previously seen during Windows 7 and Vista eras.

In addition to these app menus, Microsoft is also planning to ditch sharp corners for Windows 10 app windows. For example, Settings, Music, Photos, and other inbox apps could soon ditch traditional sharp corners for rounded corners.

Windows 10’s new user interface improvements will begin showing up in preview builds in the next few months, but the upgrade won’t be released for the public until the second half of 2021.

The post Microsoft shows off new Windows 10 UI for flyout and context menu appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 20, 2021

2. Problem with New Context Menu

The option to add a new Rich Text File seems to have disappeared from my Context Menu and I'm not sure why.

I'm not computer savvy, but after a bit of Googling I read how you can add and delete options from the New Context Menu though the Registry Editor. When I went to check it the .rtf folder under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT still has it's ShellNew folder so I'm not
    sure what the issue is or if perhaps there's something wrong with it. I also found a tool to easily enable/disable file types on the New Context Menu, and .rtf is listed along with everything else and checked off as "enabled" but for some reason is not showing
    up, even after I tried disabling and enabling it a couple of times. This is extremely frustrating as that's the file type I use the most.

Any suggestions as to what the problem is or how to fix it?

MadeOfKittens, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Paul Black, Jan 20, 2021
  4. tram Win User

Program not showing up in 'Open With' context menu

I tried this a few months ago and failed after a lot of tweaking in the regedit. Probably this guide Remove Programs from Open with Context Menu in Windows and some other where it said how to add. I gave up.

Now I have a new computer with a fresh Windows 10, and is at it again. But this time I got surprised, as everything was already as it should in regedit. It was squeaky clean in regedit with only the three apps I wanted to show up in the menu.

The problem: It doesn't show up. Not in the "Right Click > Context Menu > Open With"-list.
    But (and here's the interesting part and perhaps why no-one seems to have succeeded adding to the list with the regedit method) it does show up in the open button under the Home ribbon-menu on top.

See pictures.

Regedit, path: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.mp4\OpenWith List

Microsoft shows off new Windows 10 UI for flyout and context menu [​IMG]

MPC-HC, VLC, and DeoVR are all there.

Context menu (I've uninstalled Windows Media Player and Microsoft Photos):

DeoVR isn't there, as it should be.

Ribbon menu:

There DeoVR are!

It's quite confusing, as it looks like they are identical, like both menus are taking information from the same sources. With both having the store-link and the choose another app option. When WMP and photos was installed they came up on both menus as well. It's almost like it's a bug in Windows 10.

Do you have any clue how to fix this?

On Windows 10 Home 20H2 (OS Build 19042.630), but I just updated, plus had the same issue on another PC about 2 months ago with another version.

Thema:

1. Microsoft shows off new Windows 10 UI for flyout and context menu - Similar Threads - Microsoft shows off

2. Windows 11 context menu shows off screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 context menu shows off screen: I'm running Windows 11 22H2 10.0.22621.2428 in a Surface Pro 7.The context menu always shows at the left, even if it goes out of the screen.For example, here I open the context menu for "Home" in Explorer top left of the screen:The same happens in Explorer, in the Desktop,......
  3. Windows 11 context menu shows off screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 context menu shows off screen: I'm running Windows 11 22H2 10.0.22621.2428 in a Surface Pro 7.The context menu always shows at the left, even if it goes out of the screen.For example, here I open the context menu for "Home" in Explorer top left of the screen:The same happens in Explorer, in the Desktop,......
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu UI not showing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu UI not showing.: My Start Menu for some reason wont show the UI when clicking the Windows button or the Windows key yet it works if I navigate through it with the Tab key. I have tried sfc /scannow, DSIM Image Cleaner, updating my system and other solutions but it refuses to work. The search...
  5. context menu UI corrupt with prolonged use

in Windows 10 Support
    context menu UI corrupt with prolonged use: window explorer right click context menu, with many different version of windows 10, or even on my 8 computer as well. when it goes bad, it'll show blacklines with unreadable portion in context menu when right click on a file, folder or desktop. sometimes it'll show all...
  6. How to Disable the New Start Menu Flyout????

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Disable the New Start Menu Flyout????: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DavyScript [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/encpik/how_to_disable_the_new_start_menu_flyout/
  7. Context Menu Doesn't Show Create New?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Context Menu Doesn't Show Create New?: [ATTACH] Self explanatory, recently reset PC and no option to create new folders etc. Any fix for this? Recently poked around in the registry because I had an issue where the context menu didn't even appear, I may have deleted something. Please halp. Upon right click...
  8. Context menu icon not showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menu icon not showing: I created this .reg file to show Locate32.exe icon on context menu, but it is not there: Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\locate\command] @="D:\\Programs\\Locate\\Locate32.exe /p \"%1\""...
  9. Play in context menu not showing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Play in context menu not showing Windows 10: I don't know how, but now for some reason when i right click any mp3 or wav or any sound file the "play" option doesn't appear at the top of the menu: [ATTACH] I've tried the following: - disabling and re enabling windows media player - restarting the computer -...
  10. Context menu separator lines not showing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Context menu separator lines not showing in Windows 10: Hi, Since I started using Windows 8, I used a custom all in one context menu with separator lines between the subcommands menu items, but with Windows 10 the separator lines doesn't show at all. Any Ideas to how make the separator lines show again? 8725