Windows 10: Microsoft Sidewinder x6 Media Bar no longer working.

Discus and support Microsoft Sidewinder x6 Media Bar no longer working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I seem to have inadvertently uninstalled or overridden the drivers for my Microsoft Sidewinder x6, and now the media bar on top no longer works. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HeroSmero, Aug 29, 2019.

1. HeroSmero Win User

Microsoft Sidewinder x6 Media Bar no longer working.

I seem to have inadvertently uninstalled or overridden the drivers for my Microsoft Sidewinder x6, and now the media bar on top no longer works.

I've tried reinstalling the device physically, uninstalling the device through the device manager, then reinstalling again, and have tried troubleshooting the device through Devices and Printers. I have also tried reinstalling the Keyboard center but none of these steps have worked. I also used the Drive Booster to check for an other missing drivers, and each step has stated that there is no problem found and that all the drivers are updated.

Any help on other things to try would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

HeroSmero, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

SideWinder X6 Wired Keyboard returns to general device Windows 10 Home

Hi Alan,

Faulty drivers is one of the possible reasons why your keyboard is not working. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried to download and install the latest driver for your
      Sidewinder X6 Keyboard
      ?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Aug 29, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft SideWinder X6 Keyboard and SideWinder X5 Mouse Released

Today at the Games Convention in Leipzig, Germany, Microsoft Hardware debuted the SideWinder X6 Keyboard — the most versatile gaming keyboard on the market with the first-ever switchable key pad that can be attached to the left or right side of the keyboard for ultimate flexibility. To round out the SideWinder line, the Hardware team is also announcing the SideWinder X5 Mouse, a fast, powerful gaming mouse designed to give mainstream gamers a competitive edge.

Microsoft Sidewinder x6 Media Bar no longer working. microsoftsidewinderx6-lg_thm.jpg

Microsoft Sidewinder x6 Media Bar no longer working. microsoftsidewinderx5-lg_thm.jpg

The switchable key pad makes the SideWinder X6 Keyboard ideal for gaming as well as productivity, as the key pad functions as a standard num pad in normal keyboard mode, but becomes a programmable macro pad in game mode. Complementing the unique versatility of the keyboard are features specifically designed for gaming, including the capacity to store up to 90 macros per game and backlighting that helps users get immersed in the game.

“We know that consumers don’t want to pull out and set up a second keyboard for a gaming session, so we created a device that was perfect for both gaming and regular computer use,” said Kevin Flick, user researcher for Microsoft Hardware. “With the switchable key pad, gamers will have a fantastic, customizable experience whether they’re playing their favorite game or creating Microsoft Office PowerPoint presentations.”

Powerful Versatility
    The SideWinder X6 Keyboard’s switchable key pad allows gamers to program up to 90 macros per game with the help of a set of dedicated macro keys as well as a fully programmable key pad. With mode switching, gamers can instantly go from Microsoft Office Excel to their favorite game — and place the macro pad on whichever side they prefer for gaming. The X6 also offers the following features to take advantage of its adaptability:
    • Mode switching lets gamers manually toggle the keyboard from standard mode to either of two gaming modes. LEDs show the selected mode.
    • Automatic profile switching detects the application that is running and applies the custom profile.
    Designed for Gaming
    The SideWinder X6 Keyboard is more than a standard keyboard with a few extra bells and whistles — it was built from the ground up with gamers in mind, to give them an edge up on their competition. To complement its versatility, the keyboard has the following additional features to produce the ultimate gaming package:
    • New Cruise Control feature continues an action without having to hold down the key or keys assigned to the action. Gamers can use Cruise Control with up to four keys at a time.
    • In-game macro record button lets gamers record any sequence of keystrokes — even standard chat messages. Macros are stored on the PC hard drive and can be easily shared.
    • WASD gaming keys, the most commonly used keys for gamers, have front-face lighting for enhanced visibility.
    • Quick-Launch key gives one-touch access to Windows Vista Games Explorer, allowing gamers to quickly see the games in their PC’s game library.
    Get Immersed
    Gamers enjoy a heightened experience when adsorbed in the gaming world. Research shows many gamers like to dim the lights, and the X6’s two-color adjustable backlighting helps set the mood to achieve total immersion. The red backlighting indicates standard keys that are not programmable, while the amber color indicates custom-programmable macro keys in game mode that can be tuned to the gamers’ preference. The X6 also includes full media keys and volume and backlighting control dials to fine-tune the gaming experience.

SideWinder X5 Mouse
    Today, Microsoft also announced the SideWinder X5 Mouse, a fast, powerful gaming mouse designed to give mainstream gamers a competitive edge. The nine-button gaming mouse is designed for handling with vertical side buttons, adjustable sensitivity switching up to 2,000 DPI, five customizable buttons, and a Quick-Launch button that instantly launches the Windows Vista Games Explorer.

SideWinder: It’s Only the Beginning
    The SideWinder X6 Keyboard is the first keyboard to join the popular SideWinder family of gaming products. Established in 1995 and revived in 2007, the SideWinder line is known for its top-notch PC gaming peripherals, including mice, game pads, joysticks and steering wheels.

Pricing and Availability
    The SideWinder X6 Keyboard and SideWinder X5 Mouse will be widely available in September 2008 for an estimated retail price of $79.95 (U.S.) and $59.95 (U.S.), respectively.3 The products are available now for pre-sale on Amazon.com and will ship in September when they are widely released. The SideWinder X6 Keyboard and SideWinder X5 Mouse will be backed by a worldwide three-year limited hardware warranty from Microsoft Corp.

Source: Microsoft Hardware

malware, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Microsoft Sidewinder x6 Media Bar no longer working.

SideWinder X6 Wired Keyboard does not work on Windows 10 Pro

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

Ensure to install any pending updates and restart the computer.

Plug in the device and run the hardware troubleshooter and check if this helps.

• Press “Windows key + X” to click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “Troubleshooting” and click on “View all”.
    Click on “Hardware and Devices” to run the troubleshooter. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if this helps.

if the issue persists, follow the next method below and check if the issue still persists.

Method : Install latest drivers for Microsoft Sidewinder X6 keyboard.

Please refer to the article: SideWinder X6 Keyboard

Choose the correct operating system and download/install the latest driver.

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/sidewinder-x6-keyboard

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Sidewinder x6 Media Bar no longer working.

1. Microsoft Sidewinder x6 Media Bar no longer working. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Sidewinder Media

2. Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel not working: My Microsoft steering wheel isn't working at all, pedals are working perfectly and when I start up my computer the steering wheel will move itself randomly. The computer and games recognizes this steering wheel but none of the buttons nor the steering, please help!...
  3. Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel not working: My Microsoft steering wheel isn't working at all, pedals are working perfectly and when I start up my computer the steering wheel will move itself randomly. The computer and games recognizes this steering wheel but none of the buttons nor the steering, please help!...
  4. Windows Media player no longer works.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media player no longer works.: Windows Media player no longer works. I’m running Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Build 19045.2965 Surface Pro 5If I start Media Player a message appears saying it’s not properly installed and asking if I want to install it from the Microsoft website. That link directs me to a...
  5. MIcrosoft Sidewinder calibration issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MIcrosoft Sidewinder calibration issue: Hi, My "old" Sidewinder is being returned to service, and I wonder if the problem it has is something that can be resolved. It worked perfectly with Flight Sim, but I am now thinking of upgrading to Flight-X. The calibration in Flight-X gave this result, so I tried to check...
  6. Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2: I have used this item for many, many years. Today it cesed to work it is not listed in contrl settings the only facility listed is "mouse yoke" I have tried to check drivers etc which are all up to date. Anyone help?...
  7. microsoft sidewinder precision 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft sidewinder precision 2: hello i just found a microsoft sidewinder precision 2 joystick and i was wondering do anygames stilll function with this today?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sidewinder-precision-2/3dc0ca62-ff45-4bd9-a9f5-1dff39121f7c
  8. MS Sidewinder X6 Automatic profile switching

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS Sidewinder X6 Automatic profile switching: Hello, I'm trying to set my keyboard to automaticlally switch macro set depending on the application I am using. When openning the app, the macro block correctly switch in "auto mode" but the numpad doesn't change into amber color, and so the macro set is not activated....
  9. Sidewinder X4 Keyboard Media Keys Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sidewinder X4 Keyboard Media Keys Not Working: Media keys do not work to control iTunes or Groove Music apps. Play button seems to Play and immediately pause again, Next" and "Previous" keys do nothing. Mute and Volume Up and Down keys work fine. Windows 10 PC, i7, lots of ram and big GPU. Microsoft Keyboard and...
  10. Media Player and YouTube NO LONGER WORKING!

in Windows 10 Support
    Media Player and YouTube NO LONGER WORKING!: Hey guys, I suddenly find myself having the most bizarre issue I've ever had, and I think it started right after I had a serious crash using the VLC Media Player, which I then uninstalled. I can't be sure that it is related to this though but whats happening is that I can't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sidewinder x6 keyboard volume is not working

2. sidewinder x6 keyboard windows 10