Windows 10: Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Mouse Transceiver Module Change

Discus and support Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Mouse Transceiver Module Change in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello Again Everyone, I would like to get into subject directly. A year ago I posted this problem, below the link you can see it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TeomanAdacan, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Mouse Transceiver Module Change

Hello Again Everyone,

I would like to get into subject directly.

A year ago I posted this problem, below the link you can see it.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/microsoft-sidewinder-x8-mouse-new-transceiver/e6ed9580-3c17-47e1-a7e7-8d8144c0c260?tm=1533737064394&rtAction=1534172879060

I tried to solve it with software support, but I failed.

So at this point I want to get proper ideas and solutions on how to solve my problem here.

To keep it short, I tried to apply microsoldering to my Sidewinder x8 transceiver charing unit on the chip but it failed, and it doesn't work anymore (no connection and no charging). So, afterwards I bought a new transceiver to pair it with my old mouse. But again, no connection. Then I made some research on web and I found that devices are paired in factory production process and I can't manipulate the frequencies to pair and use them.

So please, can somebody help me to pair my transceiver and mouse so I can use them ? (On this link, you can see with the advice and support of the moderator Marc Kai, we did everything but no response).

Kind Regards,

Teoman.

:)

TeomanAdacan, Sep 9, 2019

2. Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Mouse New Transceiver Connection Failure

Hi Marc,

No problem at all. I will update the news as fast as I can so we can find a fast solution.

First things first, I tried many variations of uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, unfortunately no effect.

I need to update you about something, the mouse is 10 years old, which is mine. The transceiver is the new piece which the old one is not working anymore. I tried to apply micro-soldering to solve the charging problem but now there is no connection with
    the old transceiver. What we can do is, we can transfer the pieces from the new transceiver to older so we can try that method also, if you approve.

Other bad news is, mouse doesn't work on other computers also.

Only good news is, any computer does recognise Microsoft Sidewinder 2.4 GHZ Transceiver.

Mouse does charge rechargeable batteries with the new transceiver, but with the old one, there's no connection and charging because of old malfunction and my wrong touchings.

I also tried to install the old software from CD (original), again, no effect.

To be honest, the way I need to know here is to how to make software touches to mouse and transceiver frequencies.

Also, let me give you the details of my mouse and new transceiver P/N codes, maybe you or your colleagues can help me on this case.

Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Mouse

P/N: X8 19407-001 PID:00903-492-0646104-00933

CMII ID: 2008DJ3456

Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Mouse 2.4 GHZ Transceiver(Old Transceiver)

P/N: X8 19408-003 PID:00903-492-0646104-00933

CMII ID: 2008DJ3457

Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Mouse 2.4 GHZ Transceiver(New Transceiver)

P/N: X819408- 003 PID: 00903-492-1102433-01024

CMII ID: 2008DJ3457

This is the information that I can provide for now, if there's any extra information I have to provide, just let me know. Also, please notify me if there's any way to change things via using Microsoft tools such as Registry Editor.

Look forward to your fast response, sir.

Regards,

Teo.

3. Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Mouse New Transceiver Connection Failure

Hello Everyone,

In 2009, I purchased my gaming mouse Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Mouse. About 3 years ago, it started not to charge rechargable batteries, which made me feel exhausted buying new batteries every single time. At the end, I decided to buy a new transceiver from
    internet, -which I already did and I knew that problem will be solved.

Anyway yesterday, the new transceiver arrived, I plugged it in to try if it works.

Good news is, it does charge the rechargable batteries, which I use Duracell Green Rechargable batteries.

Bad news is, I couldn't create a bluetooth connection between the mouse and the new transceiver. First, I thought my WI-FI is interrupting the connection and changed channels and frequencies, no effect at all.

Then I started to check every single detailed report my computer gives and what I noticed was, this:

When I get into Devices and Printers part, I see my new transceiver called ''Microsoft Wireless Transceiver'' as ''UNSPECIFIED''.

When I right click and check properties, on hardware part there are device functions and every single one of them gives me the device status as ''this device is working properly''.

When I right click on properties on Sidewinder X8 mouse properties and get into Details part, I check property called ''IS CONNECTED'' and it says <true> as Value.

Same <true> value is visible for Microsoft Wireless Transceiver Device too.

To be honest, I don't know now how to connect my mouse to transceiver in a specific way, I hope you can guide me at this point.

Regards,

Teoman

[Moved from: Windows / Gaming on Windows 10 ]

4. Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Mouse Transceiver Module Change

Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Mouse New Transceiver Connection Failure

Hello Marc,

Thank you for your comment about for my device, I will explain step-by-step how I proceed on the recommendation you explained here.

The very first thing I did on Device Manager was uninstalling drivers below each section:

-Universal Serial Bus Controllers

-Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Detection Driver (USB)

-Mice and Other Pointing Devices

-Microsoft USB Wireless Mouse (Mouse and Keyboard Center)

-Keyboards

-Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Keyboard (Mouse and Keyboard Center)

-Human Interface Devices

-Microsoft Hardware USB Mouse

Then, I uninstalled Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center (The Latest Version)(10.4.0) then I rebooted my pc and reinstalled the application, but still no response between Transceiver and Mouse.

If it's necessary, I can give PIN details of each transceiver (old and new) and the mouse.

I am not sure what kind of specific software I can even use to create the connection between my devices.

To be honest, I am desperate to ask more help on this case, and look forward to read your new instructions for the solution of this case.

P.S: Do you think I should use the original CD installation files, rather than the one I download from Microsoft's latest version drivers etc ?

P.S2: I also use Windows 10 64 bit and I download Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center as v.3.2 for 64 bit, should I use 32 bit also ?

P.S3: Also as Software Devices in Device Manager, there are three things that I need to tell you also, and not sure if they're related to X8 transceiver and mouse drivers.

-Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator

-Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth

-Microsoft RRAS Root Controllers

P.S4: I found ''Add Hardware'' section in Device Manager and it also allows me to add/install special drivers for various drivers, do you know any of the driver that allows me to make the connection between mouse and transceiver ?

I hope you give me fruitful news.

Regards,

Teoman.

Thema:

Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Mouse Transceiver Module Change

1. Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Mouse Transceiver Module Change - Similar Threads - Microsoft Sidewinder Mouse

2. Microsoft transceiver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft transceiver: I was given a desktop pc but it doesn’t have a WiFi adapter and I don’t have a Ethernet cable. Can I use a Microsoft 2.4 GHz transceiver v7.0 to pick up WiFi signal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-transceiver/e4d064c0-aa78-4c9f-abac-b9dc942ab25c
  3. Microsoft sidewinder x8 mouse won’t connect to hp pavilion laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft sidewinder x8 mouse won’t connect to hp pavilion laptop: Hi can anyone tell me if I can connect Microsoft sidewinder x8 mouse to hp pavilion laptop? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sidewinder-x8-mouse-wont-connect-to-hp/9b25adc5-6a2b-4545-9343-9c868c9b93a8
  4. Replace Mouse Sidewinder X8

Replace Mouse Sidewinder X8: Is it possible in any way to replace my beloved mouse Sidewinder X8 after almost 11 years because it has started to double clicking by itself? I just love that mouse and i want the same one new as good!...
  5. Microsoft Wireless Mouse 2000 - connect to old transceiver

Microsoft Wireless Mouse 2000 - connect to old transceiver: Hi, I have a keyboard + mouse kit Microsoft Wireless Desktop 2000, the mouse stopped working, and the weel was kind of wrecked, so i bought a new mouse wireless 2000 which came with its own transceiver. Is it possible to connect the new mouse to the original transceiver...
  6. Microsoft wireless keyboard mouse combo 5000 - need transceiver

Microsoft wireless keyboard mouse combo 5000 - need transceiver: Hello all: I have a wireless keyboard-mouse combo 5000 that has given me may years of trouble free service. I've used them sparingly over the years hence their longevity and I’ve kept them in storage for some time, but now I have come to the necessity of using them again....
  7. Windows lost mouse extra buttons (Sidewinder X8)

Windows lost mouse extra buttons (Sidewinder X8): So, today while gaming I noticed my Sidewinder X8 thumb buttons weren't working anymore. Then I double checked in Windows and they didn't work there either, neither did DPI-buttons or the extra "Game"-button the mouse has. I've tried with 2nd Sidewinder X8 I have to make...
  8. My arc mouse transceiver is missing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My arc mouse transceiver is missing: Dear i have the mouse with me and its usb is missing . Kindly let me know where do i find a usb which mathces him and it start working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-arc-mouse-transceiver-is-missing/241feef7-8a4f-4e1a-b14a-be60d960eb83"
  9. Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Mouse New Transceiver Connection Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Mouse New Transceiver Connection Failure: Hello Everyone, In 2009, I purchased my gaming mouse Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Mouse. About 3 years ago, it started not to charge rechargable batteries, which made me feel exhausted buying new batteries every single time. At the end, I decided to buy a new transceiver from...
  10. Replacement of USB Transceiver for Keyboard and Mouse (Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000)

Replacement of USB Transceiver for Keyboard and Mouse (Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000): Hi, My USB Transceiver is not working anymore, I have the Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000, how can I get a replacement? Thanks in advance, regards, Rob...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will model 1461 usb dongle work with my sidewinder x8 mouse/