Windows 10: Microsoft sign Not working for a new machine

Discus and support Microsoft sign Not working for a new machine in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Got a new Lenovo with MS Windows 10 Pro 64 but the machine had malfunctions after using it a few months so Lenovo replaced the machine. received the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by PJack77, May 20, 2022.

1. PJack77 Win User

Microsoft sign Not working for a new machine

Got a new Lenovo with MS Windows 10 Pro 64 but the machine had malfunctions after using it a few months so Lenovo replaced the machine. received the new laptop, but when I open it, the Microsoft setup / Sign in window will not accept my email address. it is the only address i have ever used for MS; I have checked it carefully. It WILL not allow me to get past first base to setup and use the new machine

:)

PJack77, May 20, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

New unified Microsoft Sign-in experience is now in public preview

Source: The new Azure AD Signin Experience is now in Public Preview Enterprise Mobility and Security Blog

Brink, May 20, 2022
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 20, 2022
  4. Microsoft sign Not working for a new machine

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, May 20, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft sign Not working for a new machine

1. Microsoft sign Not working for a new machine - Similar Threads - Microsoft sign working

2. Microsoft Security not working on Domain Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Security not working on Domain Machine: Hi All, I am running a small organization for ~10 users. I am a network engineer for 15 years and has a limited knowledge on Microsoft technologies. I have set up M365 Basic and Standard for user and I am using Azure AD.I have an issue where on my machine I am having an error...
  3. Microsoft Security not working on Domain Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Security not working on Domain Machine: Hi All, I am running a small organization for ~10 users. I am a network engineer for 15 years and has a limited knowledge on Microsoft technologies. I have set up M365 Basic and Standard for user and I am using Azure AD.I have an issue where on my machine I am having an error...
  4. Microsoft sign Not working for a new machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft sign Not working for a new machine: Got a new Lenovo with MS Windows 10 Pro 64 but the machine had malfunctions after using it a few months so Lenovo replaced the machine. received the new laptop, but when I open it, the Microsoft setup / Sign in window will not accept my email address. it is the only address i...
  5. Microsoft sign Not working for a new machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft sign Not working for a new machine: Got a new Lenovo with MS Windows 10 Pro 64 but the machine had malfunctions after using it a few months so Lenovo replaced the machine. received the new laptop, but when I open it, the Microsoft setup / Sign in window will not accept my email address. it is the only address i...
  6. Microsoft Sign in not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Sign in not working: Hi all, I'm trying to sign into my online learning through moodle. Normally it would take me to my outlook sign in for my college email. Now I'm receiving the below. Any ideas?!?!? Thank you! [ATTACH]...
  7. Linked digital license changed after signed in on a new machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Linked digital license changed after signed in on a new machine: Hello, I have installed windows 10 on an old laptop and after finishing the installation I signed in with my Microsoft account as it was digitally licensed with Windows 10 pro. However, in the new machine, it shows the account is linked with Windows 10 home. I do not recall...
  8. Microsoft Edge sign in Not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge sign in Not working: I have got my PC for a few months and if you know how Microsoft edge signs you in then it will be a Dialog box for you to type in your Microsoft account email and passwordbut when I sign in, it appears for a split second and then closes automatically, sometimes it just...
  9. New Machine Accepts logon to Personal Microsoft Account but Not Business/Work Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New Machine Accepts logon to Personal Microsoft Account but Not Business/Work Account: I found a couple of threads about somewhat similar situations but, rather than forking those, thought i would start another thread. Just purchased a workstation on eBay that arrived with a digitally-activated copy of Windows 10 set up with a local administrator account. I...
  10. Microsoft sign in for new PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft sign in for new PC: I've tried to sign into my new pc with my Microsoft account however after signing in once it asks me to use the Microsoft account password or windows hello one. It does not accept my Microsoft password and I do not know my windows hello password how can I find it?...