Windows 10: Microsoft sites down in UK?

Discus and support Microsoft sites down in UK? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Trying to get to the Win 10 page, Access Denied or links in the Tutorial section just produces a blank page? Anyone else with this problem? 56441 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fabler, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Fabler Win User

Microsoft sites down in UK?

Trying to get to the Win 10 page, Access Denied or links in the Tutorial section just produces a blank page? Anyone else with this problem?

:)

Fabler, Jul 15, 2016

2. Drop down of recent sites in Address Bar in Edge.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

We have tried to reproduce the issue. When you open the edge browser and click on the part where the address bar comes up, it shows the recent sites in the address bar. Same thing applies for the Bing search bar. But the recent site disappear when you try
    again on a new tab or type address on the same tab.

We are still looking into this. Please leave a feedback through the feedback app if you are having the same issue.

Anish A Kumar, Jul 15, 2016
  3. Drop down of recent sites in Address Bar in Edge.

For years I've been right-clicking the Back arrow or Forward arrow on IE to get a list of recent pages, then clicked on the one I wanted to revisit. This is a regular part of navigating complex websites. This is missing in Edge. Clicking in the search-term
    text box in Edge makes a couple of "top" websites appear, but not a history of recent sites and pages. Lack of this feature is serious enough to make me use a different browser.

Richard_Brown, Jul 15, 2016
  4. Fabler Win User

Link above shows Access denied? The link was for downloading Windows 10 iso.

Fabler, Jul 15, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    Certainly a problem in UK but I think it is wider than that.

cereberus, Jul 15, 2016
  6. Fabler Win User
    Thank you. Just checked the 'Down for everyone or just me' site and shows it so. Wonder what's up?

Fabler, Jul 15, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Microsoft sites down in UK? [​IMG]

Check out inspect element, or your browsers equivelant.

Cliff S, Jul 15, 2016
  8. Fabler Win User

I don't seem to be able to upload an image of the developer tools for your inspection. On IE 11.

Fabler, Jul 15, 2016
  9. Fabler Win User
    Managed to upload this for some reason but not the IE11 developer tools image.

Worked.

Fabler, Jul 15, 2016
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Look at console-Errors.

Cliff S, Jul 15, 2016
  11. Fabler Win User

Will have to check my upload speeds I think. Clearly shows a problem as uploaded twice. Console shows a problem.

Thank you.

Fabler, Jul 15, 2016
  12. Cliff S New Member
    I'm guessing that Microsoft is updating their Windows 10 pages, including Downloads, in preparing for the roll out next month and free upgrade stop. Maybe they have to set up the servers in a special way, so the switch will go smoothly, and it needs testing.

Cliff S, Jul 15, 2016
  13. Cliff S New Member

You're welcome*Smile Try it on the Windows 10 download page and you will get the errors I got.

Cliff S, Jul 15, 2016
  14. Fabler Win User
    That's an idea. Just wondering if the same in other countries? By the way my upload speeds are a blazingly fast 2.5 Megs . Please do not laugh.

Fabler, Jul 15, 2016
  15. Cliff S New Member
    I live in Germany but use the US version, and it is blanko too.

Cliff S, Jul 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Microsoft sites down in UK? - Similar Threads - Microsoft sites down

2. Bitlocker Recovery Key site is DOWN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Key site is DOWN: Anyone else having issues getting their Bitlocker Recovery Key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-site-is-down/0e85ca86-fb58-40ea-925d-2907108bf0b5
  3. Microsoft UK Support

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft UK Support: Hi, can someone please provide the UK support phone number for Microsoft/products please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-uk-support/b94beb11-dd02-4404-b88d-78e3d2737542
  4. How to change to Microsoft UK

How to change to Microsoft UK: Need help with changing to Microsoft UK from US site and also detecting Malicious sofyware on virus on my Surface Pro 4 please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-change-to-microsoft-uk/2720124f-e1c3-4493-aecb-b2a3c5ff5a34
  5. fast download of BBC series (for those with access to BBC UK sites)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fast download of BBC series (for those with access to BBC UK sites): Hi folks Seems the BBC has got a whole load of TV series on their iPlayer -- probably good for people stuck for long times at home. If you've got access to BBC site and / or UK based VPN then there's an excellent app called get_iplayer. perfectly 100% legal. get_iPlayer •...
  6. Microsoft site

Microsoft site: Is this a legitimate MS site? https://affirm-link.net/are-you-at-least-18-years-of-age/index2.php?utm_source=1582238500208_1582238499666_85_176_23634450_1&utm_term=79680-01142019_AW2_viewmypdf_search_pdf&utm_kw=ext.js...
  7. Product Key site shutting down

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key site shutting down: Hi, I'm having trouble with Windows 10 Pro product key because the site that I bought it from got deleted (mrhightech.net) and the database of keys went away with the website as well! What should I do?...
  8. Microsoft Family Site Down

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Site Down: The fault is at your end - as that is what the screen says, and that's fine. When will it be fixed as my children cannot access their computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-site-down/1503c520-c63e-4a19-aeb4-06c9ae2fc13c"
  9. Problem with UK Government sites access

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with UK Government sites access: I have a problem with UK Government sites on this computer. I have tried accessing and filing on the companies house site, and have today tried to file a tax return with HMRC. In both cases I have been able to log in, but when moving to the next step to actually do anything I...
  10. Microsoft Rewards offer in UK

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Rewards offer in UK: I believe Bing Rewards, now renamed as Microsoft Rewards have previously been available to US users, or at least those who set up their PCs as if they were in the US. Yesterday, I was offered the chance to enrol, although I have read that the service opened in May for the...