Windows 10: Microsoft Skype crashes when login in

Discus and support Microsoft Skype crashes when login in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I login to Microsoft, Skype that is.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Storyley, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Storyley Win User

Microsoft Skype crashes when login in

When I login to Microsoft, Skype that is.

:)

Storyley, Oct 1, 2022

2. Microsoft login in Skype

So I used to Skype a few years ago. Apparently since then, Microsoft has acquired Skype. So when I downloaded Skype for my laptop I was prompted for my login. I couldn't remember my Skype login so I decided to reset my Skype password. I wasn't told
    that this was resetting my Microsoft password. When I realized that it was my Microsoft login that I changed, I decided to reset the password again to the one that I liked before. Of course Microsoft prohibits this. If you are going to require a login for
    Skype maybe you should specify that it is your Microsoft login. Now my Xbox won't login with the updated password either. Microsoft screwed me so badly. Apparently I can login into this site with the updated password.

Dennis Day (OGN), Oct 1, 2022
  3. Xudan Win User
    Unable to Sign in to Skype Using Microsoft Account

First of all, sorry as I don't know where exactly this topic should go to...But I'm really annoyed by the problem with my Skype.

BACKGROUND INFO:

• Operating System: Windows 10 x64, without any third-party antivirus software.
    • Skype version is 7.7.0.103 and Help->Check for Update tells me it's the latest version.
    • My Microsoft account (which is an @outlook.com email address) is working well: now I can still sign into any other Microsoft services (including my Windows 10 operating system) and websites without any problem.
    • Two Step Verification is turned on for my Microsoft account.

DESCRIPTION:

• I was able to sign in at Skype using the same Microsoft account just minutes ago.
    • After upgrading Skype software, I tried to sign in as usual. But after entering password and verification code (for two-step verification), Skype (or the Microsoft login interface) told me "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again".
    • I tried again, again and again, but got the same result.
    • I tried to 1) change my password; 2) turn off two-step verification, but neither works for me.
    • I tried to 1) uninstall/reinstall Skype; 2) Remove Skype configurations on my computer; 3) login to Skype using my Microsoft account on another computer, but got the same result--so this is probably not computer-specific.
    • I tried to change to another wifi hotspot but still no good.
    • I tried to login on my computer using my friend's Microsoft account, and YES the account can log in.

I need to login to my Skype as I've got hundreds of contacts there...Is there any ways to resolve the issue? Anyone can help? If needed I can provide you my MSFT account via private message.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Xudan, Oct 1, 2022
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

ERROR MESSAGE in Skype: Unknown message type 'Signal/ForceAbchSync'

Hi Bob,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I suggest you to try disabling Skype from Outlook.com and check if it helps.

To disable Skype please follow the steps below:

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

1. Microsoft Skype crashes when login in - Similar Threads - Microsoft Skype crashes

2. Microsoft Skype crashes when login in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Skype crashes when login in: When I login to Microsoft, Skype that is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-skype-crashes-when-login-in/0af7bbe5-7c08-4adf-856f-c314a2f6ddf0
  3. Microsoft Skype crashes when login in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Skype crashes when login in: When I login to Microsoft, Skype that is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-skype-crashes-when-login-in/0af7bbe5-7c08-4adf-856f-c314a2f6ddf0
  4. Minecraft crashes when trying to login with microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft crashes when trying to login with microsoft: so my minecraft just closes right after logging in with microsoft with no errors or anything it just closes i've tried resetting my pc downloading windows 7/8 version and still doesnt work, it just closes right after logging in with my microsoft account...
  5. Minecraft crashes when trying to login with microsoft

Minecraft crashes when trying to login with microsoft: so my minecraft just closes right after logging in with microsoft with no errors or anything it just closes i've tried resetting my pc downloading windows 7/8 version and still doesnt work, it just closes right after logging in with my microsoft account...
  6. Minecraft crashes when trying to login with microsoft

Minecraft crashes when trying to login with microsoft: Hey people!,When I'm trying to login to my microsoft acount from the minecraft launcher it loads and suddently crashes.Here is the crash log: Faulting application name: Minecraft.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x61bcf961Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version:...
  7. Minecraft crashes when trying to login with microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft crashes when trying to login with microsoft: Hey people!,When I'm trying to login to my microsoft acount from the minecraft launcher it loads and suddently crashes.Here is the crash log: Faulting application name: Minecraft.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x61bcf961Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version:...
  8. skype crashes

skype crashes: about a month ago I got a bunch of dialog boxes saying something about visual c++. ever since then when I try to open skype the window opens then shuts itself down before loading. Ive tried updating it, and uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing has worked. Does anyone...
  9. Can't login on Skype

Can't login on Skype: I need some help. I cant login on my Skype. 110569
  10. Skype crashes when outlook is opened

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Skype crashes when outlook is opened: My version of Skype is 7.18.0.112 each time i start outlook 2013 it stops working. I'v tried to reset the priorities for Skype, deleted the local directory for skype in appdadat...nothing seems to help. My windows 10 pro is up to date and everything else just works...