Windows 10: Microsoft Slowly Monopolizing Everything

Discus and support Microsoft Slowly Monopolizing Everything in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A few months ago, I woke up to not being able to use 3rd party anti-malware software Likely they were not allowing Microsoft to spy on us adequately... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fed up User And Not The, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Microsoft Slowly Monopolizing Everything

A few months ago, I woke up to not being able to use 3rd party anti-malware software Likely they were not allowing Microsoft to spy on us adequately without having my administrator rights removed.

My 3rd party anti-malware software now conflicts and cannot be used on Windows 10

Woke up today to not being able to use my 3rd party all-in-one printer I paid good money for because my 3rd party software is now unavailable, even if I uninstall and re-install it 5 times, troubleshoot everything several times over and do all the hoop-jumping that should normally have resolved the issue. Instead it forced me to get microsoft's scan app. I can scan but cannot print with my own printer.

***When did Microsoft get the idea that monopoly would end well for them?***
    It's not going well for Google right now with the vote of no confidence and lawsuits...

***I want use of my anti-malware of choice and printer of choice back.*** I know I'm not the only one.

Let me make this abundantly clear: You are currently making my brand new computer and peripherals obsolete unless we bow to your monopoly and I never agreed to this in ToS not would I ever agree to since I already don't get a choice of OS Apple is too incompatible...gee I wonder why, Linux is about to have the same issues by the looks of it...

***What part of "Monopoly is illegal" is not understood by your Board of Directors?***

:)

Fed up User And Not The, Feb 2, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 2, 2021
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Feb 2, 2021
  4. Microsoft Slowly Monopolizing Everything

"open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Slowly Monopolizing Everything

1. Microsoft Slowly Monopolizing Everything - Similar Threads - Microsoft Slowly Monopolizing

2. Microsoft Store not downloading / downloading extremely slowly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store not downloading / downloading extremely slowly.: Hi,I have just got a new PC and have tried starting to reinstall old apps . However, I have been having issues with microsoft store. The new computer is windows 11 and whenever I try to install apps from microsoft store there are many bugs that occur, such as the download...
  3. Microsoft programs running very slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft programs running very slowly: So I wanted to change the alignment of the taskbar so that it would be on the left side of the screen but they removed that feature in Windows 11. I found a video online that showed a way to do it by changing something in the code. When I tried to do it, something went wrong...
  4. Microsoft programs running very slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft programs running very slowly: So I wanted to change the alignment of the taskbar so that it would be on the left side of the screen but they removed that feature in Windows 11. I found a video online that showed a way to do it by changing something in the code. When I tried to do it, something went wrong...
  5. EventLog service monopolizes the hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EventLog service monopolizes the hard drive: For the past several hours the EventLog service, svchost.exe LocalServerNetworkRestricted -p has been writing around 20 megabytes per second to file C:\Windows\System32\winevt\Logs\Microsoft-Windows-Store%4Operational.evtx I figure that's more than a terabyte so far. But...
  6. New Laptop Monopolizes WiFi Router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Laptop Monopolizes WiFi Router: I recently bought a new laptop (HP, Windows 10). This PC appears to mess up my WiFi router so that my cell phone and my old laptop (Dell, Windows 10) can’t connect. If they’re already connected when I turn on the new PC, the connection is broken – not always instantly, but...
  7. Suddenly, everything loads slowly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Suddenly, everything loads slowly: Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, version 1803 As of today, I am finding that every program I have loads much more slowly than before. This includes operating system objects such as the Project menu, as well as 3rd party software. For example: Windows-P to open the Project menu now...
  8. Suddenly, everything loads slowly

in Windows 10 Support
    Suddenly, everything loads slowly: Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, version 1803 As of today, I am finding that every program I have loads much more slowly than before. This includes operating system objects such as the Project menu, as well as 3rd party software. For example: Windows-P to open the Project menu now...
  9. Microsoft's Designer Bluetooth Desktop work slowly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft's Designer Bluetooth Desktop work slowly: I bought today Microsoft's Designer Bluetooth Desktop, when the keyborad and mouse. My machine is Lenovo MIIX 720 with Window 10 home, the bluetooth is version 4.1. The keyborad is working slowly when typing. How to improve this?...
  10. Microsoft is slowly building a science fiction future

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is slowly building a science fiction future: Microsoft is known by many as the legacy business and productivity company, but how is Microsoft developing products which will enable the wonderful science fiction future? To begin, science fiction depicts a future where screens are everywhere, they recognize you and any...