Windows 10: Microsoft Smart Screen Issue with Windows Desktop Application

Discus and support Microsoft Smart Screen Issue with Windows Desktop Application in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi All, I am a Windows Desktop Application software Developer. Recently I build an Application for my client and provided the .exe file after publish... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by KashishGoyal, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Microsoft Smart Screen Issue with Windows Desktop Application

Hi All,

I am a Windows Desktop Application software Developer. Recently I build an Application for my client and provided the .exe file after publish to my client over the Internet. But when he downloaded it on his system he is getting Microsoft Defender Smart Screen popup which is problematic.

I researched on it and found 2-3 solutions -

a First I can ask my client to disable Smart Screen for that App but that's not a good choice because this application needs to be distributed further to different people and asking everyone to disable Smart Screen is not an option.

b Second I found that instead of Self Signed Certificate, I need to buy EV Code Signing Certificate that build immediate trust with Smart Screen. That can be an option but the per year cost is very high for the same.

c I am just wondering if I publish my Application over Microsoft Store by paying one time fees will I still required any code signing or it will work fine regardless any user downloading it it any country. If no code signing is required after publishing on Microsoft store will this work on every window version including latest Windows 10 version and old versions viz. Windows 7 or older.

Can somebody provides me some other solution or clarify the queries in 3rd option as I think that publishing on Microsoft store is the best and cheapest solution if it works fine.

Thanks,

Kashish Goyal.

:)

KashishGoyal, Nov 3, 2020

2. Samsung Smart View - application not starting

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issue with the Samsung Smart View application. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the error message you get with this application?

• Is the issue specific to this application?
    Suggest you to boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if that helps. A clean boot state will help us to determine if any 3rd party service or application is causing this issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 3, 2020
  3. cant conect my pc to my smart tv

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10. The description suggests the issue could have occurred due to drivers issues. I suggest you to update the drivers for Smart TV as well as graphics card and check if that helps. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.

• Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.

• Look for the specified drivers, expand, right-click the device drivers listed, and then click
      Update.
    I would also have you check with a different cable and check.

Kindly share the results and write to us for further assistance and we'll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Microsoft Smart Screen Issue with Windows Desktop Application

I can't get a video to stream to my lg smart tv in full screen , it's playing full screen on the pc no problem

Hi Steve,

To assist you better, I like to know; how exactly you are trying to stream video from your PC to LG Smart TV?

As an initial step, I suggest you to try updating the display adapter on your system.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Start button, and type Device Manager on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand Display Adapters.
    • Find and double-click Display Adapters from the left panel to update.
    • Right-click the device, and click Update.

As you are able to play the video full screen in your PC, then it might be an issue related to LG Smart TV. I suggest you to check for the LG Smart TV manual and check what all settings need to done to play video in full screen.

Kindly reply to us, with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Smart Screen Issue with Windows Desktop Application

1. Microsoft Smart Screen Issue with Windows Desktop Application - Similar Threads - Microsoft Smart Screen

2. Microsoft store and Application Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store and Application Issues: Hello for some reason I cannot log in to the Microsoft Store app. I can open it however clicking on the sign-in button does nothing and clicking on the ADD SCHOOL OR WORK ACCOUNT button closes the store....
  3. Issues with Smart App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Smart App: Hello,I often get reports that "Smart app control has blocked part of this app" for example, pars of GTFservice but not only.I have Malwarebytes and my security app is up to date, so I wonder if it's actually a security issue or something else. Can you clarify?Thanks!...
  4. Issues with Smart App

Issues with Smart App: Hello,I often get reports that "Smart app control has blocked part of this app" for example, pars of GTFservice but not only.I have Malwarebytes and my security app is up to date, so I wonder if it's actually a security issue or something else. Can you clarify?Thanks!...
  5. Windows Defender Smart Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Smart Screen: How to stop Windows Defender Smart Screen from blocking downloads from site been using over 10 years https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-smart-screen/85fa521a-8192-49ce-8306-a6516116e3a6
  6. Windows Defender Smart Screen

Windows Defender Smart Screen: How to stop Windows Defender Smart Screen from blocking downloads from site been using over 10 years https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-smart-screen/85fa521a-8192-49ce-8306-a6516116e3a6
  7. Microsoft defender smart screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft defender smart screen: On Xfinity home page a red page pops up claiming to be Microsoft Defender Smart Screen Hosted by www.Xumo.tv . does this seem legit to anyone, Comcast states they have no idea what this is...
  8. Microsoft window 10 application issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft window 10 application issue: Hi Sir I have an issue. I cannot open the some of the Microsoft window 10 application like the " calculator , "Alarms&Clock", etc applications. I try to reset the application using via setting>>appl& features>select application >. reset.It doesn't work for some...
  9. windows smart screen unreachable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows smart screen unreachable: What do I do if I get the above message. I am trying to download a Zeus virus remover https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-smart-screen-unreachable/47b23bb1-90b3-40f2-b35f-07462eca9c1d
  10. windows smart screen is unreachable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows smart screen is unreachable: I am trying to download fortnite on my Microsoft surface one and it is sayin I need to check my internet connection because Microsoft smart screen is unreachable. Then when I check my internet, everything is running good, What do I do...