Windows 10: MICROSOFT SNIP AND SKETCH NOT WORKING

Discus and support MICROSOFT SNIP AND SKETCH NOT WORKING in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Snip & Sketch not working, like when i click on it this dialogue box appears saying "you'll need a new app to open this ms screenship link-"eventhou i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 88bbiitt, Sep 20, 2022.

1. 88bbiitt Win User

MICROSOFT SNIP AND SKETCH NOT WORKING

Snip & Sketch not working, like when i click on it this dialogue box appears saying "you'll need a new app to open this ms screenship link-"eventhou i have it installed already, i already reset , reinstalled and tried to repair it but it still shows the same message "you'll need a new app to open this ms screenship link-",How do I get it work again?

:)

88bbiitt, Sep 20, 2022
  2. John DeV Win User

Snip and Sketch not working

Hello Miko7_,

Good day! I'm a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

Please try the following methods below.

**Update Snip and Sketch app

Open Microsoft Store then click Library

Update Snip and Sketch or click Update all

**Reset the Snip and Sketch app

Press Start then search Apps and Features

Search and click "Snip and Sketch" app in the list

Click Advanced options > Reset

Let's try to reinstall Snip and Sketch app via PowerShell.

Press Windows key+X then select PowerShell(Admin)

Copy and paste the command to uninstall Snip and Sketch app

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ScreenSketch* | remove-appxpackage

After that, Proceed to reinstall Snip and Sketch app

Open Microsoft Store then search Snip and Sketch

Click Install

or Install Snip and Sketch via PowerShell

Press Windows key+X then select PowerShell(Admin)

Copy and paste the following then hit Enter:

Get-AppXPackage *Microsoft.ScreenSketch* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Make sure to restart your computer

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Kind regards,

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Sep 20, 2022
  3. Yaseeen Win User
    Sketch and Snip

As we are working as a IT support for the secure project, we need to disable the sketch and snip in windows 10 20h2 as well as in 21h2.

We have tried to add the registry keys for DisabledHotKeys as well as NoWinKeys, and we have turned off the hotkeys from the gpedit.msc.

But it is helping to disable the hotkeys only but not the sketch and snip. There are different ways to open the sketch and snip.

1) If we disabled the hotkeys, we are able to open the sketch and snip from start.

2) We are able to open the sketch and snip from the quick actions which is inside the notification bar.

3) We are able to open the sketch and snip by using the command explorer ms-screenclip:

Please suggest here to disable or remove the sketch and snip completely from the Windows 10.

Yaseeen, Sep 20, 2022
  4. John DeV Win User

Snip & sketch

Hello FrankEngstrom,

Thank you for updating me that information. If you mean the snip and sketch? Based on your description the snipping tool is crashing?

Please try to reset Snip and Sketch

Press Start then search Apps and Features

Select Snip and Sketch on the list

Click Terminate then Reset

If it doesn't work, Please try to create a new administrator account then check if everything is working.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402692...

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Sep 20, 2022
Thema:

1. MICROSOFT SNIP AND SKETCH NOT WORKING - Similar Threads - MICROSOFT SNIP SKETCH

2. MICROSOFT SNIP AND SKETCH NOT WORKING

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MICROSOFT SNIP AND SKETCH NOT WORKING: Snip & Sketch not working, like when i click on it this dialogue box appears saying "you'll need a new app to open this ms screenship link-"eventhou i have it installed already, i already reset , reinstalled and tried to repair it but it still shows the same message "you'll...
  3. MICROSOFT SNIP AND SKETCH NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MICROSOFT SNIP AND SKETCH NOT WORKING: Snip & Sketch not working, like when i click on it this dialogue box appears saying "you'll need a new app to open this ms screenship link-"eventhou i have it installed already, i already reset , reinstalled and tried to repair it but it still shows the same message "you'll...
  4. Snip and Sketch not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip and Sketch not working: Hi,I've been using snip and sketch for a while now but recently it stopped working. A blue screen with an X constantly pops up and nothing happens. How can I get it to work again?...
  5. Snip and Sketch not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and Sketch not working: Hi,I've been using snip and sketch for a while now but recently it stopped working. A blue screen with an X constantly pops up and nothing happens. How can I get it to work again?...
  6. Snip & Sketch not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip & Sketch not working: I already did to reset the App and reinstall, also restart the machine. Nothing works.You will see on the attached GIF file, when i click to New or ctrl+N the Screen snipping is blank or not working.Windows Specs:Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎5/‎15/‎2021...
  7. Snip & Sketch Not Working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Snip & Sketch Not Working.: Hi Guys... Among my other windows woes I now find that skip and sketch does not start up. The snipping tool still works thank goodness. I click the icon and the screen appears for a second or two then goes. I have tried refresh, uninstall and re install of the app from the...
  8. snip and sketch not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    snip and sketch not working: my application snip and sketch is not working i can take a screeen shot but it does not get saved i does show on the clipbord when i press win+v but i cant view it plz help me fix this problem -confused AF all the time...
  9. Snip & Sketch Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snip & Sketch Not Working: I am a fan of Snip & Sketch, I have been using it since it was out, I immediately ditched the Snipping Tool. Recently, when I am trying to use it, it wouldn't do anything. When I take a screenshot, all it does is show a loading cursor and that's it. It ends right there. So...
  10. Microsoft "Snip & Sketch"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft "Snip & Sketch": Where is "Snip & Sketch" stored on my computer? The shortcut "PROPERTIES" displays: "TARGET: Microsoft.ScreenSketch_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App". I just discovered this app ("Snip & Sketch") today 190115. Info on it claims a "Release date 2/27/2018". SEE ALSO:...