Windows 10: Microsoft Snipping Tool- does it work with "print screen" key?

Discus and support Microsoft Snipping Tool- does it work with "print screen" key? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to change settings so Microsoft Snipping tool opens when I push the "print screen" key? i really like Light Shot because it DOES... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pauloschultz, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Microsoft Snipping Tool- does it work with "print screen" key?

Does anyone know how to change settings so Microsoft Snipping tool opens when I push the "print screen" key? i really like Light Shot because it DOES work with the print screen key but our IT does not want us downloading 3rd party apps to our office laptops.

:)

pauloschultz, Jan 4, 2021

2. Snipping Tool will no longer allow me to perform a Control Print Screen command to snip a menu.

Hi Leigh,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

Are you trying pressing Print Screen button and then snip?

If you are trying to press print button and snip ,And if it is not working then I suggest you to check with
    on screen Keyboard. Please provide us the steps you have performed so that we can assist in a better way.

Suvarna Govinda, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Alt-Print Screen Captures Active Screen But With 2" Black Margin on the Right.

After performing the steps you suggested, I still had the same issue using the "Alt-Print Screen" keys. However, in the process I learned how to better use the Windows Snipping tool to accomplish my objective. It just takes more key strokes.

A friend told me Microsoft wants to discourage users from using the "Alt-Print Screen" keys and to use the Snipping tool instead. I'm not sure I buy that because the "Alt-Print Screen" feature works perfectly for me on other computers.

Thanks for your help.

JOHN GAFFNEY 52, Jan 4, 2021
  4. AEGreene Win User

Microsoft Snipping Tool- does it work with "print screen" key?

I have tried all the suggestions to Print Screen. Nothing works except the snipping tool.

*O.T.> Print Screen

I have tried all the suggestions to Print Screen. Nothing works except the snipping tool. I have a new computer with Windows 10. Do you think there is something wrong with my keyboard?

AEGreene, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Snipping Tool- does it work with "print screen" key?

1. Microsoft Snipping Tool- does it work with "print screen" key? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Snipping Tool

2. Microsoft snipping tool 11.2310.54.0 does not print what was captured

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft snipping tool 11.2310.54.0 does not print what was captured: Why can't this be fixed. I have to reinstall an earlier version to get the print to work. Can we get this fixed? Is this a common issue or is my system the only one having the problem? Thanks...
  3. Microsoft snipping tool 11.2310.54.0 does not print what was captured

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft snipping tool 11.2310.54.0 does not print what was captured: Why can't this be fixed. I have to reinstall an earlier version to get the print to work. Can we get this fixed? Is this a common issue or is my system the only one having the problem? Thanks...
  4. W11 snipping tool unable to print from snipping toll screen

W11 snipping tool unable to print from snipping toll screen: My current version of the snipping tool app 11,2302.40I don't know when this was updated but now I am unable to print my screen shot directly from the snipping tool screen without saving the screen shot to my pictures folder. This now creates an few extra steps that I didn't...
  5. Snipping Tool does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool does not work: I downloaded Windows 11. Really like it so far. But my Snipping Tool does not work. I read that the new tool can be accessed using the Windows+Shift+S keys, but I get nothing. So I can PrntScreen and get the whole screen, but no ability to modify it, draw or circle stuff like...
  6. Snipping Tool does not work

Snipping Tool does not work: I downloaded Windows 11. Really like it so far. But my Snipping Tool does not work. I read that the new tool can be accessed using the Windows+Shift+S keys, but I get nothing. So I can PrntScreen and get the whole screen, but no ability to modify it, draw or circle stuff like...
  7. Print Screen/Snipping Tool problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Print Screen/Snipping Tool problem: [ATTACH] So lately if I want to screenshot both screens with print screen or just snip anything with the snipping tool my second monitor covers up a good portion of my main monitor. What could be causing this and how do I fix it? Edit: I think its making my left monitor...
  8. Snipping tool double printing ?

Snipping tool double printing ?: My Canon printer died a while before Xmas, Bought another similar Canon . A week ago my 4 yo Lenovo lap top wasnt good Snipping tool worked perfectly and printed on just one page . Bought a new Lenovo ideapad. Not aware of changing anything but if I try to use snipping tool...
  9. Snipping tool double printing ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Snipping tool double printing ?: My Canon printer died a while before Xmas, Bought another similar Canon . A week ago my 4 yo Lenovo lap top wasnt good Snipping tool worked perfectly and printed on just one page . Bought a new Lenovo ideapad. Not aware of changing anything but if I try to use snipping tool...
  10. Print Screen Button - snipping tool only?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Screen Button - snipping tool only?: Has Microsoft turned off the functionality of the one touch Print Screen Key ? The snipping tool is great but at times an immediate screen shot is required. It has not worked for 3 weeks now on two different keyboards. 112120