Windows 10: Microsoft software and hardware is useless

Discus and support Microsoft software and hardware is useless in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just wasted 10 hours on making a video in Microsoft 10's "Photos" app. Problems I encountered: - my video kept stopping abruptly, freezing -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anne-MarieRobinson, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Microsoft software and hardware is useless

I just wasted 10 hours on making a video in Microsoft 10's "Photos" app.

Problems I encountered:

- my video kept stopping abruptly, freezing

- the program would crash

- my project disappeared without a trace, resetting and repairing the app in the computer's 'settings' did nothing to help

- when I tried to export the video, it was all fuzzy purple/pink with just audio

- had to troubleshoot that problem, that took me half an hour to fix

- tried to export the video again, this time I got both my visuals and audio but it cut off at the end

- added an extra clip to cushion the end of the video

- video still cut off at the same place when I tried to export it

- program crashed again

- now the video project has disappeared... again

Needless to say, I will NEVER be using any Microsoft products ever again. What absolute garbage. Never buy a Microsoft computer or any Microsoft program! Total rip off.

:)

Anne-MarieRobinson, Nov 21, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Standard Hardware Security not supported

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to run hardware troubleshooter and let us know if that helps.

Type "Troubleshooting" in the
    Windows Search bar and press Enter.

1. Click on "View All" in the top left corner.
    2. This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Also I would suggest to check if there are any update pending with regard to drivers and to do so, please follow steps mentioned below.

1. Search for Device Manager in
      Windows
      search bar.
    2. Click on Device Manager.
    3. Check if there Yellow Exclamation Point in the list of drivers.

Make sure Windows is up to date.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Microsoft software and hardware is useless

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft software and hardware is useless

1. Microsoft software and hardware is useless - Similar Threads - Microsoft software hardware

2. Software controling hardware?!?!?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software controling hardware?!?!?!: Since when can an operating system for me Win10 scan and repair my hard drive after a simple restart? A piece of software should never be able to make changes to a piece of hardware without the end users explicit consent. Can someone? Can we clarify that please?...
  3. Software controling hardware?!?!?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software controling hardware?!?!?!: Since when can an operating system for me Win10 scan and repair my hard drive after a simple restart? A piece of software should never be able to make changes to a piece of hardware without the end users explicit consent. Can someone? Can we clarify that please?...
  4. Software controling hardware?!?!?!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft Family Settings - useless!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Settings - useless!: I have asked this before without any proper assistance. I was under the impression that Microsoft was going to fix this a while back seemingly they couldn't be bothered. My teenage son had a standard family account so that I could restrict his time on various games or just...
  6. Hardware Or software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware Or software: Hello guys I have an hcl laptop and it had been working fine until today . when I press some buttons on my laptop I don't know which buttons they are, it is random my laptop continuously beeps and I have to press num lk or ins for five seconds to make it stop . whenever it...
  7. Is this a software or hardware issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a software or hardware issue?: submitted by /u/VerbNoun123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gwu5hq/is_this_a_software_or_hardware_issue/
  8. Software/Hardware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Software/Hardware: Good Day Can you help me please? I have a Lenovo all in one touchscreen 21inches which I purchased new some years ago it came with Windows 7 which immediately updated when I went on line. I have had some problems with the hardware which Lenovo put right. However in the...
  9. software/hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    software/hardware: my system is running a hp laptop on my new min desktop making it run hot system is a intel product help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/softwarehardware/e82fa7e0-aa77-4164-be6a-edf339026dab
  10. Hardware or Software Issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    Hardware or Software Issue?: I built a box for a friend of mine, used it for a week and shipped it to FL - specs below. The box arrived safely, with the exception of one SATA cable, which had come loose. OR - it wasn't properly seated by me. After a day or so of use, he tells me the machine is very slow...