Windows 10: Microsoft: Software fix coming Surface Pro 3 models w/ battery issues

Discus and support Microsoft: Software fix coming Surface Pro 3 models w/ battery issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Over the past couple of weeks, a number of Surface Pro 3 users have taken to Twitter to complain vociferously about battery-drain issues they've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft: Software fix coming Surface Pro 3 models w/ battery issues

Microsoft is not saying when or how the company expects to push out the fix...

Read more: Microsoft says software fix coming for Surface Pro 3 models with battery issues | ZDNet

Brink, Jul 26, 2016
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 19, 2016
  3. JoannU Win User
    Windows 10 anniversary update fails with 0x80070057 error.

Thank You for your quick response, however since I am having so much trouble with running other work software with this Anniversary Edition I think I will revert my Surface Book to the previous build and leave the Surface Pro 3 where it is without the update.
    I use these computers for work and I need to be able to run software without problems. I do know the problems I am having are with the Anniversary Edition upgrade because I have no such issues on my Surface Pro 3

with anything at all. Hopefully Microsoft will come up with a fix soon and in a way I am grateful the Pro 3 wouldn't do the upgrade .Was a blessing in surprise.

JoannU, Aug 19, 2016
  4. Microsoft: Software fix coming Surface Pro 3 models w/ battery issues

Surface Pro 3 battery display stuck at 99%

I completed the update from 8/29 available from the following links -

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/pro-3-battery-faq?os=windows-10&=undefined

Surface Pro 3 battery indicator issues (stuck at 99% & percentage never changes)

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...pro-3-update-history?os=windows-10&=undefined

• v38.10.90.0 corrects an error that may occur on a limited number of Surface Pro 3 devices where the full charge capacity of the battery is misreported to the operating system and device firmware. This update corrects the firmware component that functions
      as a "fuel gauge" so that the battery capacity is accurately reported. See Surface Pro 3 Battery FAQ for the 8/29/2016 System Firmware Update for more
      information.
    And the steps to start and restart twice after the installation.

I have used my Surface Pro 3 regularly and have had a total of 5 charging cycles.

I just installed the update on my affected Surface Pro 3. What should I expect now?

After you install the update and restart your Surface Pro 3 a second time, you'll immediately be able to start using it on battery again. Over the next five charge and discharge cycles, the gauge will stabilize
    as it relearns the actual battery capacity in your Surface Pro 3.

However my Surface Pro 3 battery icon still displays 99% battery life constantly and then shuts down unexpectidly without warning.

HELLO. MICROSOFT - The UPDATE did NOT work!

Is there any other resolution to this problem?

I have also completed factory resets of my device in the past as well as checking for updates to the battery drivers.

All of which have provided me no resolution to this persistent problem.

Its greatly frustrating!

Please help!

LauraW7514, Aug 19, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    UPDATE: Microsoft has now published a changelog for the update, confirming that this was the only fix.

*Arrow Surface Pro 3 Battery FAQ for the 8/29/2016 System Firmware Update

Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name System Firmware Update – 8/29/2016 Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware

• v38.10.90.0 corrects an error that may occur on a limited number of Surface Pro 3 devices where the full charge capacity of the battery is misreported to the operating system and device firmware. This update corrects the firmware component that functions as a "fuel gauge" so that the battery capacity is accurately reported. See Surface Pro 3 Battery FAQ for the 8/29/2016 System Firmware Update for more information.

Brink, Aug 29, 2016
  6. I got a firmware update that helps battery life on Surface Book yesterday.

orlbuckeye, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft: Software fix coming Surface Pro 3 models w/ battery issues

1. Microsoft: Software fix coming Surface Pro 3 models w/ battery issues - Similar Threads - Microsoft Software fix

2. Battery Behaviour of Surface Laptop 3 on Charging w/w batty limit on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Behaviour of Surface Laptop 3 on Charging w/w batty limit on: I would like to know what will be the power source when I plugged the laptop with a power adaptor, turned on the batty limit in BIOS while the battery reached the limit 50% charged? Will it directly draw power from the adaptor or drain the batty and charge it at the same...
  3. Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro 4 Battery issues: I decided to charge the battery with the charger that came with the surafce. Unfortunately,despite having power through the charger and the charger looking as good as new, with no damage seen and the white light being on the side port. The battery is not charging or holding...
  4. Microsoft Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft Surface Pro 3: My Microsoft Surface Pro 3 won't sleep with the lid closed. I have gone to the power settings menu to discover all of the settings are blank. However, when i click the drop down menus they are all empty. Is there a fix for this? -CButler12...
  5. surface pro 3, lifecam software deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    surface pro 3, lifecam software deleted: Hi there, I have deleted my front webcam accidentally on my surface pro 3, how or what is the best way to recover the software again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-3-lifecam-software-deleted/dc0ff670-d1d6-4df1-b0af-b8e5b5bec875
  6. Battery Issues on Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Issues on Surface Pro: Hi all, recently i just picked up a brand new Surface Pro 6 i5 8GB RAM, this laptop/tablet is extremely versatile and great. The only particular problems i am having now is the battery issue. I was just watching some youtube and the battery was draining like crazy. It went...
  7. Surface Pro 3 and Microsoft Remote Desktop Display Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 3 and Microsoft Remote Desktop Display Issue: For some reason my surface pro 3 when connected to MRD is only showing less than a third of the screen - the mouse pointer is acting as if the whole screen is maximized though. I have noticed when I turn on the surface and unlock it the screen is the same size (1/3) for a few...
  8. Microsoft Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface Pro 3: Ok, so I had someone give me a Microsoft Surface Pro 3. It has a cracked screen. He also gave me a keyboard/mouse, so i can still use it. I disabled the touch part of it through Device Manager. I'm looking for a replacement screen, but I do not know what LCD/Digitizer Screen...
  9. Surface Pro 3 Dogged by New Battery Issues

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Pro 3 Dogged by New Battery Issues: This week, new complaints from Surface Pro 3 owners suggest that Microsoft’s recent fix for endemic battery life issues has in fact caused new, different and more serious issues. In fact, some believe that it was Microsoft’s August fix that is causing this new issue. Here...
  10. Surface pro 3 issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface pro 3 issue: Hello guys, I am runing windows 10 build 9926 on SP3 with all the updates. Beside the fact that the on screen keyboard is kinda buggy, i've noticed a big bug where you sometimes put the tablet to sleep [power button] and it wont come back up but is still runing. It...