Windows 10: Microsoft Solitaire ads result in 'Virus found' popups in browser

Discus and support Microsoft Solitaire ads result in 'Virus found' popups in browser in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Since yesterday evening, whenever I play Microsoft Solitaire Collection and an ad is shown, the browser opens and a (fake) 'Virus found' popup is shown... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rob vd Schepop, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Microsoft Solitaire ads result in 'Virus found' popups in browser

Since yesterday evening, whenever I play Microsoft Solitaire Collection and an ad is shown, the browser opens and a (fake) 'Virus found' popup is shown and the pc starts to beep.

Example:

http://www.microsoft.com-shields-devices.live/tonic2/?ip=81.207.102.9&campid=61162876-1558-4578-963d-a0391a05bf3e&zn=2006&sc=a8a456ba-edc9-4326-80f5-1759b60ceed2&browser=Firefox&browserversion=Firefox%2067&city=Borculo&os=Windows&osv=Windows%2010&model=Desktop&td=tracking.marketing&ua=Mozilla%2F5.0%20%28Windows%20NT%2010.0%3B%20Win64%3B%20x64%3B%20rv%3A67.0%29%20Gecko%2F20100101%20Firefox%2F67.0&language=nl&connection=XDSL&isp=Kpn%20b.v.&carrier=&country=NL&cep=8renpx1chd8TcORekHlGvYoyYyfbD8OsprnXJWiY-mVIPJheIuFBKLaNjlZQNJTVIvEkMUI4fdqrCel-Y8bYZczdJdWnFc7ocCX98HHbhw3TMyHD4o-XOilKDaXr9CBBVBlsnt_FIoOhPsQol0Q1bBKVYJt4ApY6KcJoKDfp_q8FjvVBAu1THDCO_4ex-osxdROAZ80R31bSI4xo-sbV1jWsUKtqKpO-H1cce9-mhuooY8fgkx0uRUjasFx6zFio&partner_id=2006&pid=2006-607b78fz&payout=%5B%5Bamount%5D%5D&clickid=6697977046879962423

It seems that the advertisement generator is corrupted.

:)

Rob vd Schepop, Jun 2, 2019
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Jun 2, 2019
  3. microsoft solitaire ads

Are you playing in the Microsoft Solitaire Collecction app, or online through a website for the game's maker?

There should be no ads in Microsoft Solitaire Collection, but if you're online then that would be up to the browser. Have you disabled popups?

Some adware might not be detected by your anti-virus. When you suspect you might be infected I would keep on hand Malwarebytes free version and AdwCleaner which are the two most powerful scanners. You can download and run those now. MBAM free trial can be turned
    off in Account Settings after install, while AdwCleaner runs from it's download location:

http://filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcle...

Clean up whatever they find. Then you'll know you have no adware or other infection and can focus on the browser's popup settings if you are playing the games from a browser. Sometimes you may want to change browsers, like from Edge to Firefox or Chrome which
    are the three I use interchangeably. This is up to personal preference.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jun 2, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft Solitaire ads result in 'Virus found' popups in browser

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Solitaire ads result in 'Virus found' popups in browser

1. Microsoft Solitaire ads result in 'Virus found' popups in browser - Similar Threads - Microsoft Solitaire ads

2. Microsoft Solitaire Ads issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire Ads issue: Ads repeat infinitely on Microsoft Solitaire Collection.Steps to replicate:Open Microsoft SolitaireSelect a gameAn ad will playOnce the ad is finished, a 3 second long ad will appear to install the appThen, the option to actually play will triggerThen, once you click that,...
  3. Ads on microsoft solitaire

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ads on microsoft solitaire: I paid my fee why do i have to still see ads? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ads-on-microsoft-solitaire/96dad587-a826-464b-92ba-155630691953
  4. Ads on microsoft solitaire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ads on microsoft solitaire: I paid my fee why do i have to still see ads? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ads-on-microsoft-solitaire/96dad587-a826-464b-92ba-155630691953
  5. Ads on microsoft solitaire

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ads on microsoft solitaire: I paid my fee why do i have to still see ads? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ads-on-microsoft-solitaire/96dad587-a826-464b-92ba-155630691953
  6. Microsoft Solitaire ads result in 'Virus found' popups in browser and is selling...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Solitaire ads result in 'Virus found' popups in browser and is selling...: My dad is 87 and he plays Microsoft Solitaire daily. At his age, this is good for the mind. Problem 1 I get a weekly call from him that his computer has a virus. It is from him clicking on the ads that Microsoft provides in the Solitaire app, which tells him that he has a...
  7. Ads on Microsoft Solitaire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ads on Microsoft Solitaire: I am really, really disappointed, angry, frustrated with the ads now appearing on Microsoft solitaire. This is a "takeaway". Solitaire has always since its inception been free and part of buying a "windows"computer well maybe not my first Microsoft powered computer running...
  8. ads on microsoft solitaire

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ads on microsoft solitaire: I have paid for premium and ads are now popping up. I do not renew until september. WHY?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ads-on-microsoft-solitaire/bba940ed-bf0a-4464-af9b-15db379ef5e8
  9. Microsoft Solitaire Collection & Ads

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection & Ads: Hello, I'd like to ask, what is the point of having adverts in Solitaire, when it's just black or white screen with some music every time. Is it supposed to be just "some random nuisance" to bother people and force them to buy it? Thank you for your answer....
  10. ads on microsoft solitaire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ads on microsoft solitaire: I don't mind the ads, but some of them have flashing white bars on the top and bottom of the ad. For someone like me with vision problems, it is so uncomfortable that I have to put my head on my desk until the ad is finished. Anyone else with this problem? Is there any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft solitaire virus

2. 2020 microoft solitaire keeps giving a pop up do you want to remove ads?

3. remove ads on microsoft solitaire

4. how to disable solitaire collections ads in windows 10,
  5. virus notification from microsoft,
  6. virus in ms solitaire