Windows 10: Microsoft solitaire collection black screen after start

Discus and support Microsoft solitaire collection black screen after start in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I launch the collection. I see a brief flash of the cards. Then a black screen appears inside the game window. When I close the game window I see a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jhm9th, Mar 21, 2021.

1. jhm9th Win User

Microsoft solitaire collection black screen after start

I launch the collection. I see a brief flash of the cards. Then a black screen appears inside the game window. When I close the game window I see a bunch of text inside the game window, but it disappears instantly.

Win10 home. All drivers updated. All dell utilities and bios updated. Microsoft Mahjongg works fine. Computer works fine except for the collection app.

:)

jhm9th, Mar 21, 2021

2. microsoft solitaire collection

Hi, Lee,

Step 1: Run App troubleshooter.

Check this link for the app troubleshooter.

Step 2: Run Windows Update troubleshooter.

Please see this link for the steps.

Step 3: Uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection.

Click Start.

In the search box, type Microsoft Solitaire Collection.

Right click Microsoft Solitaire collection app tile, and the select Uninstall.

Restart your computer.

Right click Start.

Select Run.

Type wsreset.exe, and then press Enter. The Microsoft Store will open so you can reinstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection.

Step 4: Make sure your firewall/anti-virus isn’t blocking the app.

The steps to unblock the game (or any app that needs to access Xbox Live) will vary depending on the antivirus or firewall software you use. Check the documentation for your antivirus or firewall software to open settings and ensure that the software is not
    blocking the app. If your antivirus or firewall has an app white list, make sure that your Xbox Live-enabled games are on this list.

Step 5: Clear your Windows Store cache.

Right click Start.

Select Run.

Type wsreset.exe and press enter. This will launch Windows Store with a cleared cache. You can check if Solitaire error goes away after doing this.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Smittychat., Mar 21, 2021
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection doesn't recognise my license

Thank you for confirming. Since that you have the latest version, let's uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection in your Windows 10 PC by following these steps:

Uninstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection

• Go to Start menu, Search Microsoft Solitaire Collection.
    • Right-click on it, then select Uninstall.
    Reinstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection

• Go to Store, search for Microsoft Solitaire Collection and press
      Enter.
    • Click on Microsoft Solitaire Collection tile to visit its official page on the Store.
    • Click the Free button to download and install the game.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Microsoft solitaire collection black screen after start

Microsoft Solitaire Collection

To resolve your concern, I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection and check if it helps. You can uninstall the program by following the steps outlined below...

1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell in the search box.
    2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command to uninstall the Microsoft Solitaire Collection: Get-AppxPackage *solitairecollection* | Remove-AppxPackage
    4. Hit Enter.
    5. Restart your computer. Go to Windows Store and install Microsoft Solitaire Collection again.

If you have any questions or are stuck feel free to post below or if it worked for you then I would appreciate it if you confirmed that it did below so other users can be assured.

HinokYohannes, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft solitaire collection black screen after start

1. Microsoft solitaire collection black screen after start - Similar Threads - Microsoft solitaire collection

2. Microsoft solitaire collection does not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft solitaire collection does not start: Hello,Last month we purchased Microsoft Solitaire Collection, but since yesterday it does not load start. We see the bootscreen, but it remains stuck there circle of cards keep turning.It is installed on an old windows10 pc for my father-in-law. No need to have xbox and other...
  3. Microsoft solitaire collection does not start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft solitaire collection does not start: Hello,Last month we purchased Microsoft Solitaire Collection, but since yesterday it does not load start. We see the bootscreen, but it remains stuck there circle of cards keep turning.It is installed on an old windows10 pc for my father-in-law. No need to have xbox and other...
  4. Microsoft Solitaire Collection white screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection white screen: Hello,I'm trying to help a family member to fix an issue. After recent system update Microsoft Solitaire Collection has stopped working: app launches and there is only blank, white screen.Here's what I already tried:- Reinstalling application- Resetting its settings from Apps...
  5. Microsoft Solitaire Collection white screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection white screen: Hello,I'm trying to help a family member to fix an issue. After recent system update Microsoft Solitaire Collection has stopped working: app launches and there is only blank, white screen.Here's what I already tried:- Reinstalling application- Resetting its settings from Apps...
  6. Microsoft Solitaire Collection Refusing to Start

in Cortana
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection Refusing to Start: The last week or so my Microsoft Solitaire Collection sometimes refused to start. The spinning cards in the circle of the opening page just kept spinning. When I've tried to close it by clicking the X, everything just froze. I had to use Task Manager to get the window to...
  7. Microsoft solitaire collection blac screen after start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft solitaire collection blac screen after start: I launch the collection. I see a brief flash of the cards. Then a black screen appears inside the game window. When I close the game window I see a bunch of text inside the game window, but it disappears instantly. Win10 home. All drivers updated. All dell utilities and...
  8. Microsoft Solitaire Collection- white screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection- white screen: I play Microsoft Solitaire Collection almost every day on my main computer. I also access it on my laptop and on my tablet. I always sign in with my Microsoft Account, and everything syncs and coordinates. However, I have another computer my wife uses. I sometimes use it...
  9. microsoft solitaire collection doesnt start

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft solitaire collection doesnt start: So i downloaded MSC( for now on i will type microsoft solitaire collection like this ) and started it it shows for literally 1 second and it closes right away help me...
  10. Microsoft Solitaire Collection white screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection white screen: When I try and play Microsoft Solitaire I get a white screen. I am using Windows 10 with all updates installed including the October update to 1809 Microsoft Mahjong works okay I have tried the following Updated to latest version Reset the app Uninstalled the app and...