Windows 10: Microsoft Solitaire Collection problem

Discus and support Microsoft Solitaire Collection problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Win 10 PC. MS Solitaire Collection was working fine in early hours (00:30 BST) before going to bed. Today (08:00BST) tried to open to play and all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TomBee1950, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Microsoft Solitaire Collection problem

Win 10 PC.

MS Solitaire Collection was working fine in early hours (00:30 BST) before going to bed.

Today (08:00BST) tried to open to play and all I got was Solitaire Collection Blue Window just flash on and off on screen.

Tried App reset - no good, same result.

Tried Uninstall/ restart/ download again from Windows store/ Install - no good, same result.

Checked Xbox service statur - reports no issues.

Checked various FAQs but cannot find anything relating to this problem.

Tried Trobleshooting using link found elsewhere and got this result:

Windows Store Apps
    Publisher details
    Issues found
    Service registration is missing or corrupt

Not fixed
    Reset service registration

Completed
    Potential issues that were checked
    Protected audio is turned off

Issue not present
    Some security settings are missing or have been changed

Issue not present
    Check for missing or corrupt files

Issue not present
    Issues found
    Detection details
    Not fixed
    Reset service registration
    Completed
    Potential issues that were checked
    Detection details
    Issue not present
    Issue not present
    Issue not present
    Detection details
    Service Status
    Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started. More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182.
    Collection information
    Computer Name: DESKTOP-KA0J6C8
    Windows Version:
    Architecture:
    x64
    Time:
    Monday, August 20, 2018 2:42:13 PM
    Publisher details
    Windows Store Apps
    Troubleshoot problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working properly
    Package Version:
    Publisher:
    Microsoft Corporation
    Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    Find and fix problems that may prevent background downloads from working
    Package Version:
    Publisher:
    Microsoft Corporation
    Protected Audio
    Find and fix problems described in KB2777760
    Package Version:
    Publisher:
    Microsoft Corporation

All that happens now is that Solitaire Collection Blue Window stays on screen for about 2 seconds instead of flashing on and off.

Advise would be welcomed

Thanks

:)

TomBee1950, Aug 20, 2018

2. Microsoft solitaire collection problem

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons why you are having this issue, one of the common reasons is corrupted statistics file on the account. To help you reset the statistics of your main account, we suggest
    that you follow the steps below:

• First you need to close Microsoft Solitaire Collection.
    • In Windows Explorer go to: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\UserData\Guest\Statistic\
    • Rename Statistic.ark as old-Statistic.ark.
    • Then try to run the Microsoft Solitaire Collection.
    The statistics file will be deleted, and everything will be set back to 0.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection doesn't recognise my license

Thank you for confirming. Since that you have the latest version, let's uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection in your Windows 10 PC by following these steps:

Uninstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection

• Go to Start menu, Search Microsoft Solitaire Collection.
    • Right-click on it, then select Uninstall.
    Reinstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection

• Go to Store, search for Microsoft Solitaire Collection and press
      Enter.
    • Click on Microsoft Solitaire Collection tile to visit its official page on the Store.
    • Click the Free button to download and install the game.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Geethu B Win User

Microsoft Solitaire Collection problem

Microsoft solitaire collection

Hi Anne,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection app after downloading Windows 10. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect app settings.
    • Corrupt app.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

Let's first run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection app from Windows Store and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Solitaire Collection problem

1. Microsoft Solitaire Collection problem - Similar Threads - Microsoft Solitaire Collection

2. Microsoft Solitaire Collection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection: I am a Premium Subscriber to the Solitaire Collection. When I first started playing I was able to set the options for the games and then forget about them until I wanted to change them to some others. Just recently, after every single game and when I choose "new game" the...
  3. Microsoft Solitaire Collections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire Collections: After playing Microsoft Solitaire Collection for many years, it has dissappeared. How do I reconnect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-solitaire-collections/4e074eee-b5af-43da-a069-2721f3fe3ccb
  4. Microsoft Solitaire Collections

Microsoft Solitaire Collections: After playing Microsoft Solitaire Collection for many years, it has dissappeared. How do I reconnect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-solitaire-collections/4e074eee-b5af-43da-a069-2721f3fe3ccb
  5. Microsoft Solitaire Collection

Microsoft Solitaire Collection: I subscribe to Microsoft Solitaire Collection and have enjoyed using it for a few years.Today someone else is logged in on my Microsoft Solitaire app and I can't log him/her out. I have tried uninstalling the app; resetting it and even restoring my laptop to a previous date,...
  6. Microsoft Solitaire Collection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection: I paid for ad free solitaire collection however recently the ads to download games keeps popping up and I can't play until the ad finishes running. Who does one contact to get this resolved? Thanks!...
  7. Problem Installing Microsoft Solitaire Collection

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problem Installing Microsoft Solitaire Collection: why can I not play solitaire on my computer? [Original Title: microsoft solitaire collection] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-installing-microsoft-solitaire-collection/a7aabd84-1d5c-4cfd-b62d-67279efcaaea
  8. Microsoft games - Solitaire Collection problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft games - Solitaire Collection problems: I have uninstalled and reinstalled the MS Solitaire Collection and it will not allow me to change the play difficulty. It is stuck on Random. I also checked for updates and I am current with those. How can I change the play level???...
  9. Microsoft Solitaire Collection subscription problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection subscription problem.: I have an annual subscription to Microsoft Solitaire Collection. I paid on January 6, 2019 and everything has been working fine with no ads. Yesterday it started showing ads and said to not see them I need to subscribe. I have paid already and cannot find anyone to help. What...
  10. Solitaire Collection Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solitaire Collection Problem: Anyone else having this problem? This is happening on 2 separate PCs. Playing Daily Challenge, play one challenge, complete it, try to start next one. Screen shows but no cards. Can't do anything with the screen all appears frozen. Close down the app and reload then...