Windows 10: Microsoft Solitaire event adds the time the advertisement played

Discus and support Microsoft Solitaire event adds the time the advertisement played in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In Microsoft Solitaire events, the timer often adds the time I spent watching ads, or struggling to get freezing ads to play. The problem is more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by egretopod, Mar 31, 2021.

1. egretopod Win User

Microsoft Solitaire event adds the time the advertisement played

In Microsoft Solitaire events, the timer often adds the time I spent watching ads, or struggling to get freezing ads to play. The problem is more frequent if I have to exit the ad and start over. It's maddening, because being competitive in events requires accurate times. I've already tried going into my Windows settings and resetting the game. In the past, I've uninstalled and reinstalled to no discernable effect. If I can't solve the issue, I'm going to uninstall for good.

:)

egretopod, Mar 31, 2021
  2. John Vil Win User

Solitaire world tour event

Hi,

The advertisements that keep popping up whenever you try to play the World Tour event in Solitaire may be the main reason why the game itself freezes. To assist you better with this issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you playing Solitaire from the Microsoft Solitaire Collection that came with your Windows 10?
    • Is this happening when playing a normal game of Solitaire?
    • Are you connected to the Internet while playing the World Tour event?

We're looking forward for your reply.

John Vil, Mar 31, 2021
  3. LinOly Win User
    Microsoft Solitaire events crashed

Carlo--

The following worked for me:

Hi ,

Ariel Acu has replied to the question Microsoft Solitaire events crashed that you are following in
    Microsoft Community.

Thank you for the information. It turns out that the
    twinapi.appcore.dll files are corrupted, that's why you're getting the said error message. We suggest that you uninstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection on your computer, and then perform the following steps:

• Press Windows key + R to open Run.
    • Type WSReset.exe and hit
      Enter
    • Open Windows Store and install Microsoft Solitaire Collection.
    Once done, kindly check if the game works for you.

We'll keep an eye on your update.

Good luck!

LinOly, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Microsoft Solitaire event adds the time the advertisement played

Microsoft solitaire events - times

Hi Nick,

We'd like to learn more about your concern with Microsoft Solitaire game for us to provide the troubleshooting steps. Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes/updates before this occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Please provide a screenshot of the issue.
    For initial troubleshooting, we also suggest running the troubleshooter for
    Windows apps
    and check if this resolves the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Solitaire event adds the time the advertisement played

1. Microsoft Solitaire event adds the time the advertisement played - Similar Threads - Microsoft Solitaire event

2. Microsoft Solitaire in the Event: Time keeps running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire in the Event: Time keeps running.: In Microsoft Solitaire in the Event, the time keeps on running after you have closed down the program. I have complained about this in the past and nothing has been done about it. Looking at other complaints, I see that I am not the only one. I stopped playing at 5 pm. I...
  3. Microsoft Solitaire in the Event: Time keeps running.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire in the Event: Time keeps running.: In Microsoft Solitaire in the Event, the time keeps on running after you have closed down the program. I have complained about this in the past and nothing has been done about it. Looking at other complaints, I see that I am not the only one. I stopped playing at 5 pm. I...
  4. Racist advertising in Microsoft Office Solitaire program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Racist advertising in Microsoft Office Solitaire program: This is not a functionality problem, it is a content problem. I was playing the Solitaire program from Windows 10 on my work computer, and an advertisement popped up in the middle of the game that horrified me. It was a blatantly racist ad saying that black people want to...
  5. Racist advertising in Microsoft Office Solitaire program

Racist advertising in Microsoft Office Solitaire program: This is not a functionality problem, it is a content problem. I was playing the Solitaire program from Windows 10 on my work computer, and an advertisement popped up in the middle of the game that horrified me. It was a blatantly racist ad saying that black people want to...
  6. Microsoft Solitaire Advertisements freeze constantly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire Advertisements freeze constantly.: Microsoft Solitaire Advertisements freeze constantly. Ever since the "countdown" advertising feature has been imposed months back, the Solitaire game has become almost unplayable as the countdown timer stays frozen on 30 and the only option is to close the programme and...
  7. Microsoft Solitaire Collection timing issues on events

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection timing issues on events: I could not find a way to ask on the support page https://microsoftcasualgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us as it all was read-only articles even when signed in. My issues are that when playing event challenges, the timing will often calculate incorrectly. For example, if I start a...
  8. Microsoft Solitaire Events timing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire Events timing?: Hi Peoples; - Regarding the "Events" competitions timing; - I observe that the recorded time stamp for an event commences when one starts the first of the games and closes when one completes the last game of the Event... This would seem quite rational; - but would it not be...
  9. Advertisement volume in Microsoft Solitaire

Advertisement volume in Microsoft Solitaire: Please, for the love of all that's holy, turn down the advertisement volume in Microsoft Solitaire! Or, at least put a heath warning up when launching the app. Especially for headset users, like myself. I mean, just because I refuse to throw money at you to avoid the ads...
  10. Microsoft Solitaire Events

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire Events: Why does my time often say several hours more (16 hours this time) when I haven't even been on my PC. How can I stop this? I work hard to solve the games, but when this happens I've just wasted my time.. HELP PLEASE....