Windows 10: Microsoft sound system

Discus and support Microsoft sound system in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am an Assure member. I want to speak to a technician about a sound problem but I have not been able to contact anyone. Is there a phone number that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MICHAELGREELEY, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Microsoft sound system

I am an Assure member. I want to speak to a technician about a sound problem but I have not been able to contact anyone. Is there a phone number that I can use to talk to someone?

:)

MICHAELGREELEY, Feb 3, 2021

2. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 3, 2021
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Microsoft sound system :p

cadaveca, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Microsoft sound system

Microsoft Sudoku cuts off system sound

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue happen only when you use Microsoft Sudoku?
    Let’s try simple methods and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below method.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method:

Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall the sound driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Audio input and outputs to expand, right click on the device and click on
      uninstall.
    • Once you are done uninstalling the driver restart the computer. It should automatically installed the driver.
    If the still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Audio input and outputs and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I recommend you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated sound adapter for Windows 10 and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 try installing the driver in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    And also visit the below link for No sound in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft sound system

1. Microsoft sound system - Similar Threads - Microsoft sound system

2. No system sounds?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No system sounds?: Before I upgraded to windows 11, I would hear a little sound when I plugged in a usb device. Now that I have windows 11, I no longer hear that sound. In fact, I hear no system sounds what so ever. Every now and again, I'll hear a little startup jingle but that's it. Every...
  3. No system sounds?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No system sounds?: Before I upgraded to windows 11, I would hear a little sound when I plugged in a usb device. Now that I have windows 11, I no longer hear that sound. In fact, I hear no system sounds what so ever. Every now and again, I'll hear a little startup jingle but that's it. Every...
  4. Sound System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound System: Hi my friends in my sound system I had an icon "Speaker Realtek Audio" i wanted to disable that but it disappeared and i don't know how to restore it please help me. Thanks in advance ....
  5. System sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    System sound: I have Windows 10 installed on my laptop. System sound is found to be muted. How do I unmute it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-sound/1dabb1eb-1571-49a8-a10b-c9a87b06f9e0
  6. Sound system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound system: On windows 10 Pro 64 bit is there a way to set the equalizer or is there one on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-system/d1751db1-2c93-427b-8a43-198ff55150d1
  7. No system sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No system sound: Recently I realized that my computer wasn't playing the system sounds. I've already checked the volume mixer, sound troubleshooting and reinstalled the drivers. I created a new account and the system sound works just fine in there, any ideas? submitted by /u/WoodenFlyer98...
  8. sound system

sound system: in my system after keyword problem reduce or alright then new key panel shift on my system .after one weak i relise that my sound system just like a speaker not dollby efect in music ....
  9. iTunes Sound System (Microsoft Store iTunes)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iTunes Sound System (Microsoft Store iTunes): I switch between headphones and speakers. This works fine with my current audio configuration with both the Windows Media Player and Amazon Music. With iTunes from the Microsoft store, if one changes the output device playback stops and will not restart unless the player is...
  10. System sound

System sound: I have windows 10 and there is a pull up widow at the lower right hand of the task bar. I used to be able to click on the speaker emblem and change between my tv and my computer. when I click on the speaker emblem now nothing happens. any ideas on how to correct the issue?...