Windows 10: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio: Too Large Result Set Disconnects DB

Discus and support Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio: Too Large Result Set Disconnects DB in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good Evening, This is an issue I have when connecting to a DB on another VPN/Domain using the cisco VPN client. Though the DB in question is on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VladimirArias-Antonov, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio: Too Large Result Set Disconnects DB

Good Evening,

This is an issue I have when connecting to a DB on another VPN/Domain using the cisco VPN client.

Though the DB in question is on another domain, once connected via the client. Can access servers in both domains for file transfer etc.

So typically only one connection is needed as long as one of the users on the domain is connected to the VPN.

However, when querying to a DB in SSMS, the db disconnects if the result set is too large.

Size of data return MAY be the issue.

How ever if using a smaller query, the returned results successfully when limited to 10 rows.

Is this something within SSMS I can change, or a question for Cisco VPN?

Respectfully,

Vlad

:)

VladimirArias-Antonov, Mar 2, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Announcing SQL Server Management Studio – 16.5.1 Release

Source: Announcing SQL Server Management Studio 16.5.1 Release | SQL Server Release Services

Brink, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Announcing SQL Server Management Studio – March 2016 Refresh

Announcing SQL Server Management Studio – March 2016 Refresh

Source: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sql...-shell-update/

Cluster Head, Mar 3, 2021
  4. -KELLY- Win User

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio: Too Large Result Set Disconnects DB

Support end date of SQL Server Management Studio?

Katrina,

Thank you for quick response. I really appreciate it.

I searched with the words "SQL Server Management Studio" at Microsoft’s Support Lifecycle Database, and it did not show any list there.

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio: Too Large Result Set Disconnects DB 89928823-2c88-4bf8-8929-579dbe0411b9.jpg

Should I search with other words? I installed the latest version of SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) V17.1 on my workstation. It is just a client machine and it doesn't get installed SQL Server itself on the box. it connects to server that got installed
    SQL Server 2008. In this case how should I search "the end of support date" of the SSMS?

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio: Too Large Result Set Disconnects DB 6d2e29ab-ff6e-4c53-b50d-5ac9cbac7bb2.jpg

I am sorry if my English doesn't make a sense, please let me know it. Thank you for your support.

-KELLY-, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio: Too Large Result Set Disconnects DB

1. Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio: Too Large Result Set Disconnects DB - Similar Threads - Microsoft SQL Server

2. Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio / Windows 10 s

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio / Windows 10 s: I saw a forum response related to MSSMS, indicating that since this program is not available in the Microsoft Store, it could not be installed on machines running Windows 10 s. I have the same question related to Microsoft SQL Server Express. Is there any way those programs...
  3. Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio / Windows 10 s

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio / Windows 10 s: I saw a forum response related to MSSMS, indicating that since this program is not available in the Microsoft Store, it could not be installed on machines running Windows 10 s. I have the same question related to Microsoft SQL Server Express. Is there any way those programs...
  4. Failed setup of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed setup of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio: Hi,I am trying to install SSMS locally in order to connect to an Azure SQL Database. The installation does not work as displayed below, how can I resolve this issue?...
  5. Failed setup of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio

Failed setup of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio: Hi,I am trying to install SSMS locally in order to connect to an Azure SQL Database. The installation does not work as displayed below, how can I resolve this issue?...
  6. Error while installing Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error while installing Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio: I want to install SQL Sever in windows 10, however it shows that it requires .NET Framework 2.0 but when I am trying gto install .NET, it shows that my operating system already has .NET Framework 4.5 or higher version. I am not able to understand how to resolve this. Can...
  7. Error while installing Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error while installing Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio: I want to install SQL Sever in windows 10, however it shows that it requires .NET Framework 2.0 but when I am trying gto install .NET, it shows that my operating system already has .NET Framework 4.5 or higher version. I am not able to understand how to resolve this. Can...
  8. Error while installing Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio

9. Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio query window INSERT statement results issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio query window INSERT statement results issue: Apologies. This is likely not the right Category. Tips to fix this appreciated. Environment: Workstation: 16GB RAM. 500MB SSD Windows 10 Pro 64-bit SQLServer 2019 Express Edition Just installed 2 weeks ago. Not available on workstation though some supporting libraries...
  10. sql server management studio

in Windows 10 Customization
    sql server management studio: Hi! I have been using an electronic health record system for the past 10 years. I am retiring soon but will still need access to the 'ehr' information for 7 years. The people who run the program that I use tell me that the information is in sql. I have a choice how to access...