Windows 10: Microsoft Start/News and Interests

Discus and support Microsoft Start/News and Interests in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why is the news feed consistently from sources that score very poorly for factual and less-biased reporting? I get that it should be 'balanced,' but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DouglasAdams1, Apr 21, 2022.

1. Microsoft Start/News and Interests

Why is the news feed consistently from sources that score very poorly for factual and less-biased reporting? I get that it should be 'balanced,' but that doesn't mean you need to rely on lackluster sources with poor ratings from non-partisan, award-winning media watchdog organizations EG, Media Bias/Fact Check. It means the opposite: Reach out to those watchdog groups and strive to the best corporate citizen possible.

:)

DouglasAdams1, Apr 21, 2022
  2. Ghot Win User

Interesting quirk with Start -> Apps listing of Microsoft Edge

Well on my Start menu I see only the NEW Edge.
    IF I remove the NEW Edge, then I see the OLD Edge, without the icon.

3. Ghot Win User

This may help explain things...

The last update that gave us .906 forced the NEW Edge to install, and for the 1st time, destroyed the OLD Edge.
    BUT...it didn't get ALL of the OLD Edge as you can see...

You can also see which is the one under Apps and which is under Programs...

Microsoft Start/News and Interests [​IMG]

And this is all that's left of the OLD Edge...

4. Edwin Win User

Microsoft Start/News and Interests

You know it's remnants when this shows 'App settings' and doesn't take you anywhere...

... and this is normal...

Edwin, Apr 21, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Start/News and Interests

1. Microsoft Start/News and Interests - Similar Threads - Microsoft Start News

2. Microsoft Start/News and Interests

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Start/News and Interests: Why is the news feed consistently from sources that score very poorly for factual and less-biased reporting? I get that it should be 'balanced,' but that doesn't mean you need to rely on lackluster sources with poor ratings from non-partisan, award-winning media watchdog...
  3. Microsoft Start/News and Interests

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Start/News and Interests: Why is the news feed consistently from sources that score very poorly for factual and less-biased reporting? I get that it should be 'balanced,' but that doesn't mean you need to rely on lackluster sources with poor ratings from non-partisan, award-winning media watchdog...
  4. News and interests icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and interests icon: Previously, I added to another thread my question about how to restrict the News and interests icon to showing just the weather -- not the stock market. I didn't get any answers. But now it has started showing just the icon i.e., the nature of the weather but not the...
  5. News & interests does not start with the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News & interests does not start with the system: Hello. Each time I start, I have to move the mouse on the taskbar icon to activate it. Why?I have latest version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-interests-does-not-start-with-the-system/831d0769-c1f3-428c-bfab-0deca53bcab6
  6. News & interests does not start with the system

News & interests does not start with the system: Hello. Each time I start, I have to move the mouse on the taskbar icon to activate it. Why?I have latest version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-interests-does-not-start-with-the-system/831d0769-c1f3-428c-bfab-0deca53bcab6
  7. News & interests does not start with the system

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings

Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings: I turned off the News and Interests feature on my taskbar. Why? Because the only news I want to see popping up on my desktop is weather and technology, however, regardless of how I customize the news feed, it still displays national news, politics, and sports and whatnot....
  9. news and interests

news and interests: Thanks MS for the news & interests sarcasm... I have a metered connection and just what I need is something else to use my limited data. * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  10. news and interests

in Windows 10 Customization
    news and interests: cant see news and interests in taskbar menu or it's setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests/ddb92275-3860-45e7-935b-1b660312cf97