Windows 10: Microsoft starts internal development of Windows 10 ‘Redstone’

Discus and support Microsoft starts internal development of Windows 10 ‘Redstone’ in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A few months ago, details regarding a number of upcoming ‘feature’ updates for Windows 10 were detailed, the first of which is codenamed Threshold 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft starts internal development of Windows 10 ‘Redstone’

Read more: Microsoft starts internal development of Windows 10

:)

Brink, Oct 11, 2015

2. windows 10 final build?

Windows 10 will never be final, it will continually be refined.

Windows 10 will go through different development phases.

The first development phase started in early 2014, called Threshold, announced in late 2014 and launched in later July 2015, called Windows 10.

The next development phase started some time after, called Threshold 2, which launched in November 2015 called the Windows 10 November Update or 1511.

Microsoft started another development phase called Redstone 1 in December of 2015. The latest release became available early August 2015, called Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

The next revision of Windows 10 currently in development is Redstone 2. Rumors of a Redstone 3 is also in the works.

Windows 10 will rinse and repeat this process going forward.

Resources:

Frequently
    Asked Questions Windows 10 Codename Redstone 2

Andre Da Costa, Oct 11, 2015
  3. what is the latest build for windows 10 64 bit

Windows 10 16299.248 as of this writing.

Windows 10 insiders testing versions in development are currently on 17101 also known as Redstone 4.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 11, 2015
  4. zooburner Win User

That will be good, look forward to seeing it.

zooburner, Oct 11, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    So Redstone should be around July next year then.

swarfega, Oct 11, 2015
  6. Trust_No1 Win User
    Let us hope "Redstone" doesn't turn out to be a Red-herring, and brings features more attuned with Windows 7 and 8.

Interestingly enough, I just installed El Capitan, the latest OSX version on my vmplayer. Never have used OSX, so I just wanted to compare it to Window 10 . Though I am certainly far, far more familiar with Windows, I was surprised to see how much the 2 operating system were alike (Windows 10) not earlier versions of Windows. Now I am not speaking interface wise, menus, etc. but just functionality. It reminds me of a Linux/Windows combined OS. Very interesting, I can understand how Appleheads may prefer it. With their iWorks (Office software), and vast Apps store, it really can compete head to head with Windows, IMHO.

They haven't released an official PC version, but if they ever do, I would say watch Microsoft. I believe it is the only reason, a lot of people have not converted to OSX, is they have too many PCs in their household to switch over. Also, as it has been forever with Apple, and new versions are always free, if you have an older version.

Trust_No1, Oct 11, 2015
  7. Will updates such as Redstone still be free? Or is new M$ "service" charging us for "big" updates once a year or so?

fracking4oil, Oct 11, 2015
  8. Microsoft starts internal development of Windows 10 ‘Redstone’

Free.

BrownianMotion, Oct 11, 2015
  9. BillyBob Win User
    I think you're getting your operating systems mixed up, there is no vast Mac App Store, that's IOS, there are probably less in the Mac App Store than the Windows App Store.
    Very few people use iWorks, most use Microsoft Office, unless you count young kids on their first Mac, I belong to a Mac forum, most use Bootcamp to install Windows 8 and now 10.

BillyBob, Oct 12, 2015
  10. John035 Win User
    I'm hoping they get ReFS into the client UI this time.

John035, Oct 13, 2015
  11. CountMike New Member
    Just hope Windows don't get too close to El Capitan because of:

OS X 10.11 El Capitan: Bugs, bugs, and more bugs | ZDNet

CountMike, Oct 13, 2015
  12. The article says Threshold 2 is just a few weeks away and that it will bring extension support to Edge. But shouldn't they have made extensions available for Insiders by now if this was true?

BrownianMotion, Oct 14, 2015
  13. BillyBob Win User

Yes it sure makes a mockery of, "It just works". I've had a couple of iPads as well and believe me they have their problems as well, especially in Safari.
    i think Apple is standing on the edge of a cliff at the moment, if they turn the wrong way they'll go over it, fanboys are getting restless.

BillyBob, Oct 14, 2015
  14. Trust_No1 Win User
    I am not saying that their OS is better but just as good in many aspects. Honestly, I like iWorks (it just not for kids), and certainly more affordable. There are problems with all operating systems. I doubt many really bootcamp their Macs for Windows (a few for experimenting), I can't see them taking their spendy Macs just to run Windows.

All I was saying is that it has all of the core features, and works very well with iPads & iPhones (though experiences may vary). Obviously this is a windows forum, so talk of Mac products, would not be received well. For my findings and opinions, it was much nicer than I thought it would be, and offered a lot. I could see keeping 1 Microsoft PC and converting my others if it were available. Must be the kid in me.

In any case, it is a mute debate, since i seriously doubt, Apple would ever design a OSx (PC) version.

Trust_No1, Oct 14, 2015
  15. BillyBob Win User
    "There are problems with all operating systems. I doubt many really bootcamp their Macs for Windows (a few for experimenting), I can't see them taking their spendy Macs just to run Windows."

You would be totally wrong about Windows on Macs, a lot of people buy Macs because they like them, but they need to do serious work on them as well, that's where Windows comes in.
    When it comes to compatibility there's only Microsoft Office, nothing else, plus of course other programmes that only run on Windows.

Just for fun I thought I'd have a look to see how many people could be interested in running Windows on a Mac, on the Tutorial there are 182,000 views and many other discussions about bootcamp with over 10,000 views, bit more than a few interested by the looks of it.
    Thats only one site, there are plenty of others.

BillyBob, Oct 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft starts internal development of Windows 10 ‘Redstone’ - Similar Threads - Microsoft starts internal

2. what is windows 10 redstone?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what is windows 10 redstone?: what is windows 10 redstone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10/fad72416-f9b7-4ab7-9d6c-801355629737
  3. Microsoft is internally testing Windows 10 Redstone 6 builds

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is internally testing Windows 10 Redstone 6 builds: Microsoft has already confirmed that the development of Windows 10 Redstone 5 update is in the final stage. Microsoft will soon start focusing on stabilization for Windows 10 Redstone 5 and it appears that the software giant is preparing Redstone 6 builds for the Skip Ahead...
  4. Microsoft to build App-V virtualization client in Windows 10 Redstone

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to build App-V virtualization client in Windows 10 Redstone: Microsoft looks to be building its App-V virtualization client into its coming Windows 10 'Redstone' Enterprise release in the hopes of simplifying app deployment and servicing. Microsoft looks to be building its App-V application virtualization client directly into...
  5. Windows Update updated in latest internal Windows 10 Redstone builds

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update updated in latest internal Windows 10 Redstone builds: Windows Update updated in latest internal Windows 10 Redstone builds Internally, Microsoft is working on a number of features and changes coming to Redstone that are not currently present in the latest public preview builds. One feature Microsoft is working on...
  6. Windows 10 development.

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 development.: Dev Exclusive How Microsoft built, and is still building, Windows 10 Emil Protalinski August 13, 2015 9:20 AM Windows 10 for PCs arrived two weeks ago. Thankfully, we don’t need to wait years to say this will be a Microsoft operating system release like no other. The...
  7. Microsoft's ship target for Windows 10 'Redstone 2' is March, 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's ship target for Windows 10 'Redstone 2' is March, 2017: For a while now, a number of us Microsoft watchers have been referring to the next feature update to Windows 10 as a "Spring 2017" deliverable. It seems it'll be on the early side of Spring if Microsoft hits its own internal ship target for Windows 10 "Redstone 2."...
  8. Microsoft Removes Old Calendar Style in Windows 10 Redstone

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Removes Old Calendar Style in Windows 10 Redstone: Windows 10 Redstone will not include the old tray calendar Microsoft introduced a new modern-style calendar in Windows 10 to create more consistency on the desktop (which also got redesigned with a dark theme and other visual improvements), but the old-style version...
  9. Microsoft Delays Some Windows 10 Redstone Features - Report

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Delays Some Windows 10 Redstone Features - Report: Source says Microsoft is now working to prioritize features [img] Redstone is the codename of the upcoming big update for Windows 10 and rumor has it that it could arrive in the summer with a number of exciting features, including support for extensions in Edge...
  10. Microsoft plans with display scaling on Windows 10 Redstone

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft plans with display scaling on Windows 10 Redstone: As the offices at Microsoft begin to churn again with regular employee traffic, questions about Windows 10 Redstone are starting to resurface. Many have speculated that Windows 10 Redstone will be the fit and finish update that the seemingly early Windows 10 release missed....