Windows 10: Microsoft Sticky Notes app opens and then closes immediately after

Discus and support Microsoft Sticky Notes app opens and then closes immediately after in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Microsoft Sticky Notes app opens and then closes immediately after I see the icon pop up on the taskbar. I have attempted to uninstall the app via... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by XeroCreator, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Microsoft Sticky Notes app opens and then closes immediately after

Microsoft Sticky Notes app opens and then closes immediately after I see the icon pop up on the taskbar.

I have attempted to uninstall the app via powershell admin commands.
    I have also attempted to re-register all apps via powershell as well.

So far I have had no luck and have had numerous unsolved topics only stating to terminate and reset the app from the apps and services menu.

This does not work and last time something like this happened I had to reinstall windows 10 JUST to get my windows store to work, as well as re-installing over 300-400GB of data for games/apps. Which may not seem like a lot to some people but, it's quite annoying having to go through that process.

I have also attempted to do recovery mode but this also did not work for the app either.
    This is the third time i've started having issues with a simple app like this....

I have tried a clean boot as well with no change.

Any other ideas?

:)

XeroCreator, Nov 26, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Sticky Notes 3.0?

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Try to uninstall and reinstall sticky notes on your computer.

Step 1: Open
    Start menu, click Settings icon to open Settings app, click
    System, and then click Apps & features.

Steps 2: Select “Sticky Notes” from the list and click on uninstall.

Click here, to reinstall the latest version of sticky note on your
    computer.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Microsoft Sticky Notes app opens and then closes immediately after

Sticky Note Missing

Hi KeithRawlings,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's see if with the following steps we can solve the problem:

1.- Open >> Sticky notes, when located on the taskbar (Right click on the option) >> Select: List of Notes, now check if your note is in that list.

2.- Follow the steps suggested by the Windows MVP in your article

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-sticky-notes-lost...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Sticky Notes app opens and then closes immediately after

1. Microsoft Sticky Notes app opens and then closes immediately after - Similar Threads - Microsoft Sticky Notes

2. Apps open then close immediately.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps open then close immediately.: This is starting to get on my nerves. When I open an app like the Xbox app, Microsoft store, get help app, or any random app, it just closes on me. Doesn't open for a split second. This is pissing me off as I quite literally asked someone else, they said I'd get a reply with...
  3. Apps open then close immediately.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps open then close immediately.: This is starting to get on my nerves. When I open an app like the Xbox app, Microsoft store, get help app, or any random app, it just closes on me. Doesn't open for a split second. This is pissing me off as I quite literally asked someone else, they said I'd get a reply with...
  4. Apps open then close immediately.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is Sticky Notes closed if there are many notes ?

Is Sticky Notes closed if there are many notes ?: Hi everyone, I have used Sticky NotesSN for a long time, one day when I open SN, it loaded all of my notes then closed. I tried to backup my data and reset app. I opened SN without data and it worked fine. Then I recover data with the backed up data and open SN, it loaded...
  6. Microsoft Store Closes Immediately After Opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Closes Immediately After Opening: I am using Windows 10 ver 2004 OS Build 19041.450. Microsoft Store closes immediately after opening, I have gone to Settings/Apps and Reset Microsoft Store but it makes no difference. Looking through previous replies on answers.microsoft.com I have run PowerShell...
  7. App opens then closes immediately right after.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    App opens then closes immediately right after.: When I try and open my antivirus software app witch is Mcafee, it opens then closes immediantly. I just got on my computer today and this started to happen. I also havent made any recent changes to my computer. I also checked if other applications where doing this and luckily...
  8. Apps opening, then immediately closing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps opening, then immediately closing: Windows 10 Pro Insider Build 19041.84. Many Windows Apps , when I try to open them, open a window like they are starting correctly, then immediately close. I have tried resetting the apps, uninstalling, and reinstalling them, Windows App Store troubleshooting, DISM restore...
  9. Microsoft Sticky Notes launches and immediately closes.

Microsoft Sticky Notes launches and immediately closes.: Hey all. I'm having an issue with the official Microsoft Sticky Notes application - it's actually described in this locked thread here, but none of the fixes there worked for me and I suspect this remains an issue for most people. I've run the Windows Store Apps...
  10. sticky notes. this app can't open.

sticky notes. this app can't open.: I'm having trouble opening the Sticky Notes App. I get a message 'Check the Windows Store for more info about Sticky Notes.' When I go there it has no further information. I have notes that I need to access and I cant open the app. Any help much appreciated. Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sticky notes windows 10 opens then closes

2. Icon closes immediately after opening

3. sticky notes opens and closes instantly

4. sticky notes windows 10 closing immediately after launch