Windows 10: Microsoft Sticky Notes launches and immediately closes.

Discus and support Microsoft Sticky Notes launches and immediately closes. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey all. I'm having an issue with the official Microsoft Sticky Notes application - it's actually described in this locked thread here, but none of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sudo-iss, Sep 5, 2019.

1. sudo-iss Win User

Microsoft Sticky Notes launches and immediately closes.

Hey all.

I'm having an issue with the official Microsoft Sticky Notes application - it's actually described in this locked thread here, but none of the fixes there worked for me and I suspect this remains an issue for most people. I've run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it, I tried doing the whole "Advanced Settings" > "Reset" trick, nothing has worked and I bet a bunch of people think it'd be nice to have a working sticky notes application... c'mon guys.

I made a video: https://youtu.be/ZmRpl_1AxZY

Specs:

Thing Specific-er Thing
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro, Build 1903
    CPU Intel Core i7-4700MQ
    RAM 24GB DDR3-1600
    Storage Samsung 860 EVO 1TB

:)

sudo-iss, Sep 5, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Sep 5, 2019
  3. jacktan4 Win User
    Sticky notes cant be launch, even after resetting and reinstalling

Hi,

I need help on this, as since yesterday out of a sudden my sticky notes cant be launch, I had tried to reset the app and reinstalling but these steps doesn't solve the issue. Tried to contact microsoft and dell support but none of them can really assist
    on this. Hoping to get some advice or suggestion from microsoft sticky notes team.

Thank you!

jacktan4, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Jane Lla Win User

Sticky notes disappeared

Hello Helen,

During the update it's normal for the system to close running applications to avoid complications.

I normally just search for Sticky Notes after a recent installation of the update. Once the program launches , it would then reopen with all the notes I've created before.

If the above scenario is not the case—usually, when you lose Sticky Notes on your desktop, you’ll be able to find all notes from the Sticky Notes folder via StickyNotes.snt files.

Now, to recover your missing notes, you may follow the method suggested by Microsoft Barbie in this old

thread

Although the thread is for Windows 7, same steps apply to Windows 10.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

All the best!

Jane Lla, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Sticky Notes launches and immediately closes. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Sticky Notes

2. Microsoft sticky note

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft sticky note: Microsoft sticky note is getting stuck in installing and will not finish the installation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sticky-note/efc49ef6-9de2-48c1-81e2-bf126b78ab1e
  3. Is Sticky Notes closed if there are many notes ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Sticky Notes closed if there are many notes ?: Hi everyone, I have used Sticky NotesSN for a long time, one day when I open SN, it loaded all of my notes then closed. I tried to backup my data and reset app. I opened SN without data and it worked fine. Then I recover data with the backed up data and open SN, it loaded...
  4. MICROSOFT STICKY NOTES

MICROSOFT STICKY NOTES: the menu bar in sticky notes is completely white. I tried to reset the app and opened it again. After syncing my email account, it still remains as is. completely white, where in I'm unable to press the exit button unless right clicking at the task bar. I don't know if...
  5. Sticky Notes won't launch

Sticky Notes won't launch: I'm using Outlook 365. On another computer, quite by accident, I discovered Sticky Notes. I started using them for a few months, they're OK not like older versions you could actually stick to the desktop, but... anyway, I found out that the program is associated with...
  6. Microsoft Sticky Notes app opens and then closes immediately after

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Sticky Notes app opens and then closes immediately after: Microsoft Sticky Notes app opens and then closes immediately after I see the icon pop up on the taskbar. I have attempted to uninstall the app via powershell admin commands. I have also attempted to re-register all apps via powershell as well. So far I have had no luck and...
  7. Microsoft Sticky Note

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Sticky Note: Hi After I Updated Windows to last version My sticky notes doesn't minimize & still appears i tried to uninstall & reinstall the same issue hope any one have a solution...
  8. microsoft sticky note

microsoft sticky note: MS sticky note refuses to start in windows10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sticky-note/0628cef5-8667-4e71-b0e3-052042e61e17
  9. microsoft sticky notes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft sticky notes: I just got a new computer. i try to open Microsoft sticky notes and it does not open. I try to reset it, uninstall it and install it again... when I open it, nothing happen.....
  10. Microsoft Sticky Notes

Microsoft Sticky Notes: Having tried to uninstall this app, I thought I had succeeded with no trace of it left Now it has suddenly reappeared (probably with the anniversary update). I uninstalled it again, but the app still sits there in the start menu. I went through the registry and got rid of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sticky notes opens and closes instantly

2. sticky notes opens but then disapears

3. stickies automatically close

4. sticky notes windows 10 closing immediately after launch,
  5. sticky notes automatically closes,
  6. sticky notes app opens then closing,
  7. sticky notes closing itself,
  8. microsoft store sticky notes,
  9. sticky otes closes after opening,
  10. sticky notes closes after it opens,
  11. loading sticky notes and then closes,