Windows 10: Microsoft stops producing the Windows RT-based Surface 2

Discus and support Microsoft stops producing the Windows RT-based Surface 2 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has confirmed it is has stopped manufacturing its Surface 2, which for now is the last of its ARM-based hybrid tablets that runs on Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft stops producing the Windows RT-based Surface 2

Read more: Microsoft stops producing the Windows RT-based Surface 2

:)

Brink, Jan 27, 2015

2. Trouble upgrading Surface 8.1 to 10

If its a Surface RT or Surface 2 model, it cannot run Windows 10. Only the Surface Pro, Pro 2, Pro 3 and Surface 3 can run Windows 10.

Microsoft did provide an update for Surface RT devices that provides some of the Windows 10 functionality:

Windows RT 8.1 Update 3 with Start Menu Available Now ... -

Andre Da Costa, Jan 27, 2015
  3. Can't Download Windows 10 onto a Microsoft Surface (you can't make this stuff up)

Same thing here, I have Surface RT and I can't download Windows 10

I wish that Microsoft will add Windows 10 update to Surface RT, and 2

Andy Cordero, Jan 27, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

There has been talk of RT being used in other kinds of devices (Point of sale, Kiosks, etc..), but the real problem has just been that Intel just keeps making x86 more financially attractive.

Mystere, Jan 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft stops producing the Windows RT-based Surface 2 - Similar Threads - Microsoft stops producing

2. Microsoft Surface 2 Windows 8.1 RT issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface 2 Windows 8.1 RT issues: I have a Microsoft Surface 2, I had Windows 8.1 RT reinstalled and now it's missing certain drivers. The touch-screen stopped working, it won't connect to the internet, and it has trouble recognizing USB devices if they weren't connected before booting up. Please, anything...
  3. Microsoft Surface 2 Windows 8.1 RT issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Surface 2 Windows 8.1 RT issues: I have a Microsoft Surface 2, I had Windows 8.1 RT reinstalled and now it's missing certain drivers. The touch-screen stopped working, it won't connect to the internet, and it has trouble recognizing USB devices if they weren't connected before booting up. Please, anything...
  4. MICROSOFT RT SURFACE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MICROSOFT RT SURFACE: Hi, I have a surface RT which is primarily in Chinese, I tried so many times to download English pack but still it won't work. It will still be displayed in Chinese only, I need help with screenshots if possible. Thank you in advance...
  5. MICROSOFT RT SURFACE

MICROSOFT RT SURFACE: Hi, I have a surface RT which is primarily in Chinese, I tried so many times to download English pack but still it won't work. It will still be displayed in Chinese only, I need help with screenshots if possible. Thank you in advance...
  6. Surface RT upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface RT upgrade: So I just picked up a used Surface RT but somehow it has Windows RT 10 installed, I guess someone unoficially upgraded it. Now thats fine and all, but I how do I revert it to Windows RT 8.1? It's running real slow with 10 and its a pain to do the simplest tasks. I've tried...
  7. Surface RT upgrade

Surface RT upgrade: So I just picked up a used Surface RT but somehow it has Windows RT 10 installed, I guess someone unoficially upgraded it. Now thats fine and all, but I how do I revert it to Windows RT 8.1? It's running real slow with 10 and its a pain to do the simplest tasks. I've tried...
  8. upgrade surface rt to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade surface rt to windows 10?: Is it possible to upgrade surface rt to windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-surface-rt-to-windows-10/4f52ae5b-48a3-4643-83b4-ddd20b067e8a
  9. Surface RT 8.1 problems

Surface RT 8.1 problems: Little by little, I can do less and less on my Windows RT 8.1 Surface tablet. I cannot download Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. Cannot open apps...getting message "this app can't run on this PC". Is there any solution or fix? This is a good quality tablet and I would hate...
  10. Windows 10 for surface RT and 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 for surface RT and 2: I think that Microsoft should release a version of windows 10 for windows 8.1 RT seeing as they have discontinued support for a lot of apps that people running windows 8.1 one app is skype as I have not been able to log into it since early 2017. in my mind if a company is...