Windows 10: Microsoft Storage Space Device

Discus and support Microsoft Storage Space Device in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to play assassins creed origins but the drive have downloaded it to is a Microsoft Storage Space Device and this is causing the game to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FraserSim, Jun 5, 2020.

1. FraserSim Win User

Microsoft Storage Space Device

I am trying to play assassins creed origins but the drive have downloaded it to is a Microsoft Storage Space Device and this is causing the game to crash at launch. I have been through 2 different members of staff in thee support team who tried many things to help but with no joy. Here is the results from dxdiag i ran to check them windows is on my C hence why its normal but how do i change the other two? All drives are formatted as basic

Drive: C:

Free Space: 20.3 GB

Total Space: 476.3 GB

File System: NTFS

Model: WDC WDS500G2B0B-00YS70

Drive: D:

Free Space: 2096.8 GB

Total Space: 2097.0 GB

Model: Microsoft Storage Space Device

Drive: K:

Free Space: 95.7 GB

Total Space: 1048.4 GB

Model: Microsoft Storage Space Device

:)

FraserSim, Jun 5, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Microsoft storage space device?

Hi Misa

Please Note the following process will remove you drive form storage spaces, it will also wipe that drive back to Unallocated Space

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to System - Storage

Click 'Manage Storage Spaces'

Click 'Change Settings' and if necessary, confirm that choice

On that drive, click 'Prepare for Removal'

That drive will be listed as 'Preparing for removal'

Wait until that drive is listed as ' Ready to remove', Click Remove - Remove Drive

Then open Disk Management (accessible by right clicking your Start Button

Right clcik the Unallocated space on that drive and choose 'New - Simple Volume' then accept the defaults

You will then have a full clean drive ready to use . . .

DaveM121, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Microsoft storage space device?

How to transform a Microsoft Storage Space Device into a normal Disk? it doesn't matter if it has to be cleared.

MisaMathlin, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Microsoft Storage Space Device

How do you convert Microsoft Storage Space Device to a Hard Disk because its causing problems

SergioGaleana, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Storage Space Device - Similar Threads - Microsoft Storage Space

2. Converting a Microsoft Storage Space Device back to a regular storage space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting a Microsoft Storage Space Device back to a regular storage space?: I've been having a lot of issues lately with my computer, namely that one of the disks keeps clocking at 100%. I thought that the way to fix this would be to basically reinstall windows 10 and format my storage. It helped a little, but the issue still seems to be present.I...
  3. Converting a Microsoft Storage Space Device back to a regular storage space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting a Microsoft Storage Space Device back to a regular storage space?: I've been having a lot of issues lately with my computer, namely that one of the disks keeps clocking at 100%. I thought that the way to fix this would be to basically reinstall windows 10 and format my storage. It helped a little, but the issue still seems to be present.I...
  4. Converting a Microsoft Storage Space Device back to a regular storage space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Storage Space Device

Microsoft Storage Space Device: I trying to change my Microsoft Storage Space Device to Basic Storage Space. How can i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-storage-space-device/fca44645-3d3b-4e7a-b67f-96d682b622e5
  6. Microsoft storage space device?

Microsoft storage space device?: How to transform a Microsoft Storage Space Device into a normal Disk? it doesn't matter if it has to be cleared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-storage-space-device/d32733bf-e200-4659-8f4b-8a01d7137367"
  7. Storage space

Storage space: I've been trying to install the newest update. However, it says I need more disk space. I've looked online and on the Microsoft website and deleted everything I can. There's nothing in downloads, temporary files, pictures, videos or anything that isn't needed for it to run...
  8. Microsoft Storage Space Device

Microsoft Storage Space Device: How do you convert Microsoft Storage Space Device to a Hard Disk because its causing problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-storage-space-device/2f6124d8-32aa-44ae-957c-61a039260dff"
  9. SSD showing up as a microsoft storage space device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD showing up as a microsoft storage space device: Hello About a week ago my laptop stopped working, because my 512gb Samsung ssd 840 Pro series hard drive failed somehow. I moved the drive to my desktop pc, and found that it had had its partitions deleted somehow. I downloaded multiple applications to save some of my...
  10. Storage Spaces

Storage Spaces: I have a 4-bay enclosure of 8TB drives (32TB total) set to parity using Storage spaces. I would suspect I would be able to get about 2/3 (66%) capacity or about 21TB after allowing for parity. However it's telling me that the total capacity is only 14TB. How does that make...