Windows 10: Microsoft Store Acquiring License error 0xC0020036

Discus and support Microsoft Store Acquiring License error 0xC0020036 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I was trying to download some apps but It was stuck in Acquiring License then I waited for it to download and I got a error and I tried other apps they... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by OnyxOykko, Jan 5, 2021.

1. OnyxOykko Win User

Microsoft Store Acquiring License error 0xC0020036

I was trying to download some apps but It was stuck in Acquiring License then I waited for it to download and I got a error and I tried other apps they gave same problem but some apps did not give the error I tried looking up for the error but windows activation error with same error code came up I'm not sure how to fix this but I tried a tutorial how to fix acquiring license but none of them work but you could reset to fix it I already tried reseting like few months ago the problem again came back so I kinda need some help

:)

OnyxOykko, Jan 5, 2021

2. Windows Store Acquiring License error 0x8007000D

Every time I try to install a program from the Microsoft Store it fails while Acquiring License with error 0x8007000D. The error code may indicate that there's a missing or corrupt file, but there's no mention of what the file is.

I have tried:

- resetting Windows Store

- sfc /scannow

- Re-registering Windows Store

- disabling antivirus

I'd really rather not reset the entire PC. Is there anything else I can try?

Windows version 1903

JohnGates4, Jan 5, 2021
  3. 5800 issue with acquiring license.

My subscription lapsed about a month ago. My wife transferred the songs onto the phone yesterday. Since the hard reset none of them wants to play. I can still listed to them on the computer. And I have transferred music to the phone about two weeks or so
    ago and one it acquired the license it was fine. At the moment I am just stuck. It does not want to acquire the license no matter what I do. I've tried signing into the store first and then opening the player but nothing. It just says "License could not be
    acquired"

roe1and---01, Jan 5, 2021
  4. BariSax Win User

Windows Store failed on acquiring license.

My laptop (running on Windows 10 ver. 1703, 64 bit - fully up-to-date) suddenly refused to run Solitaire HD. After repeated attempts to get it running again I gave up and uninstalled it before trying to re-install it.

Whilst Windows Store acknowledges that I 'own' this app, it downloads but fails on 'acquiring license' with the Error Code 0x803F8001.

I have tried everything suggested by subscribers to various internet forums including stopping/starting Windows Update Service, deleting the folder - AppData\Local\Microsoft\TokenBroker\Cache, ensuring the laptop was properly signed in with my Microsoft
    Account, running the Update Trouble Shooter, etc. (I've tried so much I can't remember all of it.) Anyway, nothing seems to have any effect. It still fails to re-install immediately it attempts to acquire a license. (This is a free app for goodness sake -
    who needs a license?)

Although this is not a critical problem, I would like to have it working again, but at this moment I feel totally frustrated that Microsoft should offer little or no help.

Is there anyone out there who has the knowledge to give meaningful assistance?

Since submitting this problem I read that someone else had solved a similar problem by downloading and installing another app from Microsoft Store so I tried that. The new app downloaded and installed without any problem which encouraged me to go back to
    my original problem. Guess what! Nothing had changed! I still can't re-install Solitaire.

The exercise did serve to prove to me that the problem does not seem to be in my laptop, which leaves the distinct possibility that the problem lies with Microsoft.

BariSax, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store Acquiring License error 0xC0020036 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Acquiring

2. microsoft store Acquiring license issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft store Acquiring license issue: How to get microsoft store Acquiring license ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-acquiring-license-issue/ad1408ba-bf56-4e0b-9ccd-1ea24582f677
  3. microsoft store Acquiring license issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft store Acquiring license issue: How to get microsoft store Acquiring license ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-acquiring-license-issue/ad1408ba-bf56-4e0b-9ccd-1ea24582f677
  4. microsoft store Acquiring license issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft store stuck on acquiring license

Microsoft store stuck on acquiring license: It`s being 5 days and Microsoft store is stuck on acquiring license and not downloading anything, and today most essential apps are disabled. Like photos, Film and TV and others. Before asking the question, I googled for solution and found some answers which never worked for...
  6. Microsoft store stuck on acquiring license

Microsoft store stuck on acquiring license: Ive had this problem before and the only way i fixed it by was doing a factore restore and after that it let me download apps for a day and then after that it stop working i tried everything and still nothing is there any alternatives from the microsoft store? Can i download...
  7. Microsoft store stuck at acquiring license

Microsoft store stuck at acquiring license: Hey there, few days ago i just tried to install some apps from microsoft store, but it just stuck at acquiring license, i tried tomorrow, still the same, i tried wsreset, still same. I have no idea what to do next, any help will be appreciated! Thanks~...
  8. Microsoft store stuck at acquiring license

Microsoft store stuck at acquiring license: I got a new pc recently with windows 10 and discovered the Microsoft store, seemed pretty cool. It worked fine for a while but then it didn't. Whenever I try to update an app it gets stuck at acquiring license and doesn't move on from that step, when I try to download an app...
  9. Microsoft Store: Error Code 0xC0020036

Microsoft Store: Error Code 0xC0020036: I recently bought Minecraft for Windows 10 on my laptop, but when i try to download it, it displays "Acquiring License..." for a while, and then i get an error. after clicking on "see details" i get a message saying "Something unexpected happened. Reporting this problem...
  10. Microsoft Store Acquiring License Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store Acquiring License Error: Hi! I just bought a new PC the other day and have had this problem since Day One, basically. Every time I try to update or install a new app via the Store it goes to Acquiring License, gets stuck, and reads Error. I've spent countless of hours browsing the internet (and this...
Tags: