Windows 10: Microsoft Store/ Admin Accounts

Discus and support Microsoft Store/ Admin Accounts in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello All, I am having trouble with downloading ARK from the Microsoft store. I would not like to install it on my SSD, as the game is well over 150GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by James, Dec 14, 2020.

1. James Win User

Microsoft Store/ Admin Accounts

Hello All,

I am having trouble with downloading ARK from the Microsoft store. I would not like to install it on my SSD, as the game is well over 150GB with the dlc. Now this was not a problem before on my last system, as I could actually change the install location. But I cannot for some reason on this one. I have ran the troubleshooter, updated windows, and I have even given my personal account admin privileges at least I think. But I still keep getting the access denied code 0x80070005 whenever I try to change the default install location in the settings menu. If anyone has a fix, it would be greatly appreciated.

:)

James, Dec 14, 2020
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store/ Admin Accounts

Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store/ Admin Accounts

1. Microsoft Store/ Admin Accounts - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Admin

2. Microsoft Store Accounts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Accounts: I am trying to sign in with my personal microsoft account on my school computer. I have admin rights on it but the microsoft store still will only let me sign in with my school account or work account. How do I make it let me use any account?...
  3. Microsoft Store Accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Accounts: I am trying to sign in with my personal microsoft account on my school computer. I have admin rights on it but the microsoft store still will only let me sign in with my school account or work account. How do I make it let me use any account?...
  4. Microsoft admin account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft admin account: Recently i bought this laptop dell g3 15. And when i made a new microsoft account, The administrator was gone for no reason. Can someone help me with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-admin-account/9a8eb415-4cb4-43a8-a284-e29650540ee8
  5. Admin account unable to add an app to Microsoft Store for Education

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin account unable to add an app to Microsoft Store for Education: I am wanting to make an app available in our Microsoft for Education Store. I have been able to find it in the standard Microsoft Store. see below image [ATTACH] And am also able to locate it in the Microsoft Store for Education when I am not signed in. However, you will...
  6. Change Microsoft Admin Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Microsoft Admin Account: I am the admin on my family's laptop, and want to switch it to my mother. My microsoft account was compromised awhile ago, so I changed the email and password on my Microsoft account and the previous email is no longer usable. The problem is that I am not able to sign in to...
  7. Microsoft store accounts.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store accounts.: Hi, I have an app Minecraft downloaded on a seperate PC and microsoft account that I am using now. I was wondering if there is any way to put this app and its progress on my new account + device without paying again....
  8. Microsoft account tied to built-in admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account tied to built-in admin account: I seem to be in quite a pickle here, I upgraded my laptop, a few years ago from windows 7 to 10, recently my boss asked me to pass on my work to others, but there's a problem, My personal Microsoft account, somehow got linked to the built-in administrator account, the laptop...
  9. microsoft account and admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft account and admin account: hello, my administrative account is synced with with my microsoft account. but i cannot get logged in though i have tried resetting my password. whwenever i try to log in at the startup windows it says the password is in correct even after i have just reset my password....
  10. admin accounts (local or Microsoft?)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    admin accounts (local or Microsoft?): Hi I have used Win 10 since it came out and in general, I'm happy with it. Is there a difference in system access rights given to a local account administrator as compared to an Microsoft account based logon to an admin account? The reason I ask is that I only have one log...