Windows 10: Microsoft Store and apps don't open. Nothing works to fix.

Discus and support Microsoft Store and apps don't open. Nothing works to fix. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi. I've read just about every discussion and suggestion how to fix this, but none of them help. I had no problems until 2 days ago when I attempted... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MooselipsRS, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Microsoft Store and apps don't open. Nothing works to fix.

Hi. I've read just about every discussion and suggestion how to fix this, but none of them help.

I had no problems until 2 days ago when I attempted to install an add-on for MS Edge. Install was unsuccessful, it downloaded several times but gave an error that couldn't install. While doing this in MS store I saw I had several updates for Windows apps. I clicked to update all. Some of them updated, and others gave the same error as an add-on I tried to install. The store kept trying to redownload and install apps continuously, each time with a pop up error message.

I restarted the computer (Surface Pro) and ran MS Store Apps troubleshooter and then reset it. Since then I can't open MS Store and a lot of other apps like calendar, calculator, Edge, maps, skype, etc. Store is not even listed in All Programs list.

I made sure Windows has the latest updates. The location and time zone is set correctly. Proxy server is not checked. I turned off anti virus.

I reset Store cache several times (wsreset.exe).

I can't re-register Store in PowerShell as admin.

I can't add another user account. MS Account window pops up black and disappears in a second.

I can't install the Store from my account from the browser. When I choose to install to this PC it doesn't do anything. I restarted computer many times.

What can fix this other than a total Windows reinstall?

:)

MooselipsRS, Apr 16, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Microsoft Store and apps don't open. Nothing works to fix. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 16, 2019
  3. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Apr 16, 2019
  4. sam02 Win User

Microsoft Store and apps don't open. Nothing works to fix.

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Store and apps don't open. Nothing works to fix.

1. Microsoft Store and apps don't open. Nothing works to fix. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store apps

2. Settings app and Microsoft store don't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings app and Microsoft store don't work.: Hi all, my settings app and microsoft store app and search bar don't open or work.Using windows key + I can sometimes open the settings app, but more often than not it just closes itself.Similarly the microsoft store app won't even open, which makes it difficult to access...
  3. Microsoft store and all associated apps don't work when opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store and all associated apps don't work when opening: Title explains it all. I've tried Wsreset but it sends me an error stating it needs to be registered. This is after windows 10 completely deleted itself, making it so windows repair and restore did not function, and I had to reinstall windows 10....
  4. Microsoft store and all associated apps don't work when opening

Microsoft store and all associated apps don't work when opening: Title explains it all. I've tried Wsreset but it sends me an error stating it needs to be registered. This is after windows 10 completely deleted itself, making it so windows repair and restore did not function, and I had to reinstall windows 10....
  5. Microsoft store and all associated apps don't work when opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. The Microsoft Store is not working and Microsoft is doing nothing to fix it!

The Microsoft Store is not working and Microsoft is doing nothing to fix it!: I pay for Game Pass and I can download games on xBox without problems, I could still argue that it is slow but it is manageable. However, downloading Minecraft of All Things from the Windows Store took over 20 HOURS, even though the download is a small 300mb file! I'm trying...
  7. The Microsoft Store is not working and Microsoft is doing nothing to fix it!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Microsoft Store is not working and Microsoft is doing nothing to fix it!: I pay for Game Pass and I can download games on xBox without problems, I could still argue that it is slow but it is manageable. However, downloading Minecraft of All Things from the Windows Store took over 20 HOURS, even though the download is a small 300mb file! I'm trying...
  8. The Microsoft Store is not working and Microsoft is doing nothing to fix it!

9. Microsoft store and apps don't open

Microsoft store and apps don't open: I've been having an issue where I'm unable to open the Windows Store or any Windows apps. Clicking on them does nothing, no windows pop up at all. Similarly, when I try to download an app from the Windows store in Chrome NVIDIA Control Panel for example, clicking "get" gives...
  10. Microsoft Store and apps don't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store and apps don't work: Around a month ago, I noticed that the microsoft store and the apps weren't working. When I try to open them, they close after a few seconds they were opened. I tried many powershell and command prompt solutions, but they didn't work. I also tried wsreset.exe, but it did not...