Windows 10: Microsoft Store and DX12 seems bad news for PC-gamers

Discus and support Microsoft Store and DX12 seems bad news for PC-gamers in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Alright, I've got PresentMon downloaded and compiled. I'll give it a go tonight. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Burgurne, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Microsoft Store and DX12 seems bad news for PC-gamers

Alright, I've got PresentMon downloaded and compiled. I'll give it a go tonight.

blackroseMD1, Apr 15, 2016

2. Ok, so with everything maxed out, except Volumetric Lighting and Shadows (both on medium), I seem to be averaging about 45-55 FPS with very little stutter (except in the cutscenes, where it's horrible). If I turn those settings up to Ultra, I tend to get about 30-45 FPS with pretty bad stuttering.

blackroseMD1, Apr 17, 2016
  3. Looks like you're in line with the benchmarks I've seen. So I guess for me with one 770 Kepler working those averages at 1080P would be in the mid to low 20's, not worth it IMHO, and I don't want to play at medium/low settings.

I'm wondering if those cut scene stutters are because on the PC version the cut scenes are streamed (ie not on the hard drive).

Guess I'll have to wait and see what Polaris/Pascal have to offer before buying any further DX12 games, given no multi GPU support. On the Nvidia side, smart move would likely be to wait for Volta when HBM2 comes in and possibly Async compute issues are dealt with. Sounds like a long painful wait.

Thanks Blackrose.

specialkone, Apr 17, 2016
  4. Microsoft Store and DX12 seems bad news for PC-gamers

No problem. Yeah, with a Kepler GPU, I'd certainly suggest waiting at least until they drop a performance patch. I'm sure a lot of the issues could have been unofficially fixed by now if the game wasn't encrypted inside a UWP wrapper.

The cut scene stutters are really, really annoying. Seeing as how I have a 100Mbps connection and nothing running in the background, there should really be no reason for that stuttering, even if the cutscenes are streaming. I've decided to hold off playing until the big patch, when I'll just start the game over. The story is pretty great so far, but I'm sure it would be even more enjoyable without constant stutters and slowdowns.

blackroseMD1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Store and DX12 seems bad news for PC-gamers

1. Microsoft Store and DX12 seems bad news for PC-gamers - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store DX12

2. Microsoft Store Seems to Have Disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Store Seems to Have Disappeared: For about a week now I've been having issues with my laptop bluescreen-ing so I decided to try troubleshoot it. Eventually I decided to do a fresh reinstall of windows to see if that could solve the issue it didn't. Not too long after the reinstall, my windows security app...
  3. Microsoft Store Seems to Have Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Seems to Have Disappeared: For about a week now I've been having issues with my laptop bluescreen-ing so I decided to try troubleshoot it. Eventually I decided to do a fresh reinstall of windows to see if that could solve the issue it didn't. Not too long after the reinstall, my windows security app...
  4. Microsoft Store Seems to Have Disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can not launch Microsoft store nor Microsoft news.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not launch Microsoft store nor Microsoft news.: A Micrisoft tech told me to uninstall the news and reload it from the store. I did the uninstall but the store will not load. neither will feedback. I called up the store in my browser but the news will not load there either. What have they done?,...
  6. Good news and bad news

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Good news and bad news: Ok, so let's get the bad news out of the way. I should think you all are experiencing this too. Windows 11 is so bad. I downloaded it August '21 and it is slow and ugly. Ok, now for the good news, I am downgrading to Windows 8.1 and edge is all of a sudden downloading the...
  7. Good news and bad news

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Good news and bad news: Ok, so let's get the bad news out of the way. I should think you all are experiencing this too. Windows 11 is so bad. I downloaded it August '21 and it is slow and ugly. Ok, now for the good news, I am downgrading to Windows 8.1 and edge is all of a sudden downloading the...
  8. gamer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gamer: graphics setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gamer/10fd553c-b8dd-49e3-aee2-a9b2db6345fc
  9. Dx12

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dx12: HI... I am having A Pentium G4560 and Gpu Gt 1030 Running with Windows 10 . Now when I disable My Internal Gpu and use My Gt 1030 I can play games with no lag, Issue starts when I wanna stream or record My game The Gt 1030 doesn't have any encoder And hence I have to enable...
  10. Gamers Worry About Windows 10 Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamers Worry About Windows 10 Store: On the one hand it is great that PC gaming is showing a resurgence, and gamers can look forward to Tomb Raider and Quantum Break are coming to the Windows 10 Store. However, players are increasingly concerned about Microsoft’s track record when it comes to their efforts at...