Windows 10: Microsoft Store and Included apps such as Paint, 3D Viewer, etc will not open.

Discus and support Microsoft Store and Included apps such as Paint, 3D Viewer, etc will not open. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I am hoping I do not have to re-install. Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 OS Build 18363.778 I have tried everything see below and I believe by the logs... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by BruceBrecht, May 7, 2020.

1. Microsoft Store and Included apps such as Paint, 3D Viewer, etc will not open.

I am hoping I do not have to re-install.

Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 OS Build 18363.778

I have tried everything see below and I believe by the logs that the apps are missing on my PC so they cannot reinstall.

They will flash open ultra quick and close. This is what I have tried.

Any help would be appreciated as it would take hours to set up my system again.

This is what I have tried:

1. Download and run the problem solver for applications and the Windows Store:http://aka.ms/diag_apps10

2. Manually restore store settings:

a Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run window.

b Type wsreset.exe and press the Enter key to execute the command.

3. Wait for the process to finish, restart your computer and check that it has been fixed.

4. Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    Windows Key+X > Click Settings > Click Update & security > Click Troubleshoot > Scroll down to the bottom > Click Windows Store Apps > Click Run the Troubleshooter

5. Reset Windows Store through Command Prompt
    Type cmd in Windows Search box > Right click on Command Prompt > Run As Administrator > Type WSreset.exe and click Enter > Reboot your computer

6. Re-register All Store apps You will get many Reds, ignore them
    Windows Key+X > Windows Powershell Admin > Copy the following from below and right click in Powershell to paste > Enter > Restart your computer

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}

5. Uninstall & Reinstall Store
    Windows Key+X > Windows Powershell Admin > Copy the following from below and right click in Powershell to paste > Enter

Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore Remove-AppxPackage

Copy the following from below and right click in Powershell to paste > Enter > Reboot your computer

Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml”}

7. Run Built-in & Guided Walk through Windows Update troubleshooter
    Built-in : Windows Key+X > Click Settings > Click Update & security > Click Troubleshoot > Click Windows Update > Click Run the Troubleshooter

Guided Walk though - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10164/...

8. Check your Antivirus
    Temporarily uninstall / disable AV. Enable after troubleshooting.

:)

BruceBrecht, May 7, 2020

2. Paint 3D app problem

Hi Laura, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you should repair your Paint 3D app

Firstly, try to reset this app. Follow the steps below:

1). Click on 'Windows key + I' together and open 'Settings'

2). Tap on Apps - Apps & features - Paint 3D - Advanced options

3). Tap on 'Reset'

Next, uninstall and reinstall Paint 3D app. Follow the steps below:

1). Click on the Start button

2). Type in 'Windows PowerShell' - right click on it - choose 'Run as administrator'.

3). Copy / paste the command below without quotes.

'Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.MSPaint | Remove-AppxPackage'

4). Click on Enter

5). Go to the Microsoft Store to download and reinstall the Paint 3D app.

NighthawkX, May 7, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Paint 3D and save as video option

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

You may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

Run App troubleshooter

Reset Paint 3D app:

• Open ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Update and Security’.
    • Click on ‘Apps’ and choose ‘Apps and features’.
    • Locate the ‘Paint 3D’ app and click on it.
    • Select ‘Advanced options’ and choose ‘Reset’.
    • Wait for the reset to complete.
    • Close settings, launch ‘Paint 3D’ and try saving now.

Hope it helps,

Junaid_A, May 7, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store and Included apps such as Paint, 3D Viewer, etc will not open.

Can't launch Paint 3D Error (-2147219196)

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which version of Windows are you currently using?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC prior to this issue?

I understand that you are unable to launch paint 3D on your PC, let us try few troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.

I suggest you follow the methods mentioned below and check if that helps:

Method 1: Fix problems with apps from Microsoft store. Refer the follow article for troubleshooting steps to fix issues with

paint 3D

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall paint 3D using Windows PowerShell (Admin).

1. Right click on start and click on Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Type Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.MSPaint | Remove-AppxPackage and then hit
      Enter.
    3. Reinstall Paint 3D from Microsoft store.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store and Included apps such as Paint, 3D Viewer, etc will not open.

1. Microsoft Store and Included apps such as Paint, 3D Viewer, etc will not open. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Included

2. Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE and apps such as Calculator, Notepad, Paint etc. not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE and apps such as Calculator, Notepad, Paint etc. not opening: I've wasted many hours googling for a Windows 11 problem which presented itself in the following form:Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE appearing when trying to update appsCouldn't open Notepad, Paint, Calculator and other basic Windows appsIn the Start Menu some Windows apps...
  3. Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE and apps such as Calculator, Notepad, Paint etc. not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE and apps such as Calculator, Notepad, Paint etc. not opening: I've wasted many hours googling for a Windows 11 problem which presented itself in the following form:Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE appearing when trying to update appsCouldn't open Notepad, Paint, Calculator and other basic Windows appsIn the Start Menu some Windows apps...
  4. paint 3d and Microsoft store not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    paint 3d and Microsoft store not working: Hi,I'm trying to use paint 3d for my project. However, it gives me this error "Service Unavailable" error code "0x80072EFD". I tried to reinstall it using the Microsoft Store but it will also give me the error "0x80131500" I dont know how to fix this please help....
  5. paint 3d and Microsoft store not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    paint 3d and Microsoft store not working: Hi,I'm trying to use paint 3d for my project. However, it gives me this error "Service Unavailable" error code "0x80072EFD". I tried to reinstall it using the Microsoft Store but it will also give me the error "0x80131500" I dont know how to fix this please help....
  6. paint 3d and Microsoft store not working

7. Paint 3d, Microsoft Store, and other apps won't open??

Paint 3d, Microsoft Store, and other apps won't open??: Paint 3D and MS Store won't even open for a second, and other apps open for a split second and then close themselves. Regulars Paint works, but trying to open something in Paint 3D with it says I need to install something? Help....
  8. Paint 3d, Microsoft Store, and other apps won't open??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3d, Microsoft Store, and other apps won't open??: Paint 3D and MS Store won't even open for a second, and other apps open for a split second and then close themselves. Regulars Paint works, but trying to open something in Paint 3D with it says I need to install something? Help....
  9. Paint 3D and Microsoft Store Not Working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Paint 3D and Microsoft Store Not Working: Today, I was trying to create a diagram for my environmental science class using Paint 3D. All of a sudden, the 3D objects did not show up and it said, "Service Unavailable" with the error code "0x80072EFD." I decided to open the Microsoft Store to reinstall Paint 3D, but it...
  10. Microsoft removes Paint 3D and 3D Viewer in new Windows installations

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft removes Paint 3D and 3D Viewer in new Windows installations: After hiding the 3D Objects folder in recent builds of Windows 10 from the main sidebar menu by default, Microsoft removed the apps Paint 3D and 3D Viewer for new Windows installations as well. Microsoft introduced the two applications in the Creators Update, which it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. you ll need anew app to open this ms-paint.link