Windows 10: Microsoft Store and other Windows Apps do not launch

Discus and support Microsoft Store and other Windows Apps do not launch in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have recently reinstalled windows 10 and now Microsoft Store and a bunch of other apps like Photos do not launch. They open for a fraction of a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by IanCampbell_123, May 4, 2020.

1. Microsoft Store and other Windows Apps do not launch

I have recently reinstalled windows 10 and now Microsoft Store and a bunch of other apps like Photos do not launch. They open for a fraction of a seconds and then crash. I have tried wsreset, a bunch of other powershell commands and nothing has worked. I even factory reset my computer!

I have tried safe mode restart and I can confirm that the problem is not third-party because I disabled all the non-windows services and it still did not work.

I have tried the powershell command, "PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command “& {$manifest = Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore.InstallLocation + ‘AppxManifest.xml’ ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest" to no avail.

One error I got randomly as I was working is, "The signature is invalid. To register in developer mode, AppxSignature.p7x and AppxBlockMap.xml must be valid or should not be present. "

Also, when I tried wsreset.exe I got the message, "You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows store link."

Please help, it is driving me crazy that I cannot download many apps or even view photos because of the missing app.

:)

IanCampbell_123, May 4, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 4, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, May 4, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store and other Windows Apps do not launch

Microsoft Store app not launching

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Do you get any error code when you try to open the store app?
    3. Which build version of Windows 10 you are using currently?

Refer the article to check
    Which Windows operating system am I running?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Reset Microsoft store.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type
      wsreset
      and hit enter.

The command will reset the store cache and open the app once the command is complete.

Method 2:

Create a new user account and check. Refer the article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Also, you can refer the article
    Microsoft Store doesn't launch

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store and other Windows Apps do not launch

1. Microsoft Store and other Windows Apps do not launch - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Apps

2. Microsoft Store-Apps won't launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store-Apps won't launch: WX version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.985) Thank you all for the assistance! Tried to run the commands posted here via PowerShell, w/ admin, but still not luck. Microsoft Store tried to open but it disappears quick, other APPs like Photos won't launch at all. Recently upgraded to...
  3. Microsoft Store App Does Not Launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store App Does Not Launch: I encountered an error when I tried to reinstall Microsoft store application on my windows 10 pc. Can someone please teach me how to do it step by step? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-does-not-launch/0a2d4748-a877-4e24-92ce-de2592ac8f17
  4. Microsoft Store apps not launching or installing.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store apps not launching or installing.: a few months ago I ran into the issue where non of my Microsoft Store games were launching and I couldn't install new games, after trouble shooting and trying every solution online I could find I eventually had to factory reset my computer which fixed the issue temporarily,...
  5. Microsoft Store will not launch, along with other apps like Calculator

Microsoft Store will not launch, along with other apps like Calculator: I am running Windows 10 and had to reinstall it which I've now done 3 times. The Microsoft Store app will not launch. I can see the app on the start page, but when I click on it or try to use the "open" button, nothing happens. I also have tried to launch the calculator that...
  6. MS Store and apps do not launch.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Store and apps do not launch.: MS Store will not open. No MS Store apps open. Tried a zillion things - wsreset, changed permissions, tried to do recovery and got message the system could not be recovered....
  7. Microsoft Store and other apps

Microsoft Store and other apps: I recently reset my laptop as I found it was running slow and decided to set it up as a brand new laptop again. however since I logged back in, my Microsoft store, mail app, photo app etc are not working. I have tried everything I have read online but known of it is working!...
  8. Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.: When i want to open any microsoft store apps including microsoft store ,it is not launching .Why this problem is happening and what is the effective solution ? ***Modified title from: microsoft store***...
  9. Microsoft Store app not launching

Microsoft Store app not launching: can you help ***Original title: I can't get the Microsoft Stoe ap to open*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-not-launching/f2a00320-3f2d-4045-8315-c392d3522af2"
  10. Windows Store and other Windows apps launch on their own

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Store and other Windows apps launch on their own: Hello, I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this problem, but if I am away from my computer for a few minutes, then come back, Windows Store or any other windows app, such as Photos, is open. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! 13476

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft store applications do not launch