Windows 10: Microsoft Store, and pretty much anything connected to it wont open.

Discus and support Microsoft Store, and pretty much anything connected to it wont open. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Now i had in mind just resseting the PC, but i wanted to see if i could quickly get it done, for past few months i had things like Calculator and Store... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Lebhleb, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Lebhleb Win User

Microsoft Store, and pretty much anything connected to it wont open.

Now i had in mind just resseting the PC, but i wanted to see if i could quickly get it done, for past few months i had things like Calculator and Store not wanting to open[ bassically i click on it and then, a square appears for a brief moment as if it were to open, but then it just dissapears] I wasn't too off this since i still had the browser so i could, just use some browser things, but i noticed even games didn't, well just 1 that i have, Forza Apex. Now i tried some things that i, well, could simply do, reset trough the apps and features, powershell and even check if i disabled something, but no, however while browsing some other discussions [which got me nowhere besides this] someone had link to microsoft store home on browser, when i enter it this message appeared, or error [ms-windows-store://home link to site now i remembered] 'This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app, or if one is already installed, create an assoiciation in the default apps seetings page.' I actually already saw this when i gone trough Store trough browser [which going in normally then logging from inside worked, but when i clicked on install/play button on any game this message also showed' I don't know what this exactly means, besides that it might mean i actually did somehow remove it or disable it.

So i wonder if there is a simple fix for this, or do i have to reset windows.

Note:I may not imedietly reply but i should come back to check on in few minutes.

:)

Lebhleb, Jan 5, 2020

2. Microsoft Store wont open

i did these steps. and Windows Store Service isn't showing up on the list at all

BryanOstrander, Jan 5, 2020
  3. Microsoft Store opening- Internet connection problem error code 0x80072efd

Hi Syed,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with accessing Microsoft Edge and Windows Store with error: 0x80072efd, we will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know if you are using wired/ wireless internet connection on your device?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Use
    Internet Connection Troubleshooter.

Internet Connection Troubleshooter find and fix the problems with connecting to the internet or to websites.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click onView all.
    • Click on Internet Connection Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to clear cache and cookies from the Microsoft Edge browser.

Steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on
      More Action at the right top corner.
    • Click on Settings, click on
      Choose what to clear
      under Clear browsing data.
    • Select the Browsing history, caches and cookies and hit
      Clear.
    • Close the browser and try to open it again.

Step 3: Run WSReset.exe .

• Press Windows+R key to open Run box
    • Enter wsreset.exe in the Run command and then tap or click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store, and pretty much anything connected to it wont open.

Store wont open again

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to run the Windows store app
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store app.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist, kindly follow the steps and check if it works. The below steps will reset the Windows store cache.

• Press Windows key + R key to open Run
    • Type wsreset.exe and press Enter
    Restart the Store app, check if issue is resolved.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store, and pretty much anything connected to it wont open.

1. Microsoft Store, and pretty much anything connected to it wont open. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store pretty

2. Microsoft store wont install anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store wont install anything: Hello,I tried to install minecraft and the microsoft store, when I press install it turns the install button to gray and then nothing happens. so I tried installing other apps and the same thing happened.everything I tried to fix it didn't work.What can I do?...
  3. Microsoft store wont install anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store wont install anything: Hello,I tried to install minecraft and the microsoft store, when I press install it turns the install button to gray and then nothing happens. so I tried installing other apps and the same thing happened.everything I tried to fix it didn't work.What can I do?...
  4. Microsoft store wont download anything

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store wont download anything: microsoft store wont download anything, it says 'Something happened on our end.' i dont know how to fix it what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-wont-download-anything/59d19183-c434-4a45-9bab-32499933b31e
  5. Microsoft store wont download anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store wont download anything: microsoft store wont download anything, it says 'Something happened on our end.' i dont know how to fix it what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-wont-download-anything/59d19183-c434-4a45-9bab-32499933b31e
  6. Microsoft store wont download anything

7. Troubles Connecting to Pretty Much anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubles Connecting to Pretty Much anything: I have an issue where everything on my computer doesn't load pretty much anything on the first try. This happens on anything I use on the computer whether it be a video game or trying to load a google website. I don't know what the issue is and was wondering what it could be...
  8. Troubles Connecting to Pretty Much anything

Troubles Connecting to Pretty Much anything: I have an issue where everything on my computer doesn't load pretty much anything on the first try. This happens on anything I use on the computer whether it be a video game or trying to load a google website. I don't know what the issue is and was wondering what it could be...
  9. Troubles Connecting to Pretty Much anything

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Microsoft store wont install anything / won't open

Microsoft store wont install anything / won't open: I bought the xbox game pass to play sea of thieves with my friend but the microsoft store wouldn't install it, when i told it to install it just kept buffering then eventually stopped, it put priority over like 26 other updates that installed extremely slowly, i tried looking...