Windows 10: Microsoft store and search bar won't work

Discus and support Microsoft store and search bar won't work in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fakeDABOMB101 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jzvmtf/microsoft_store_and_search_bar_wont_work/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fakeDABOMB101, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Microsoft store and search bar won't work

/u/fakeDABOMB101, Nov 23, 2020

2. Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi Jan,

I Would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1: On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)

Step 2: DISM TOOL

• Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and click Enter.
    For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 23, 2020
  3. microsoft store games won`t play

when I download a game from the Microsoft store it won`t play

the splash screen appears then goes

I have a core i5 with an nvidivia graphics card I tb hdd and 8 gb ram

I have tried the diagnostic for microsoft store and it say cache may need fixing.

garrywilliams1, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Microsoft store and search bar won't work

Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the search and indexing troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on the Indexing Options.
    • Click on the Troubleshoot search and indexing.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

Follow the below steps:

• Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER
      :
    sfc /scannow

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft store and search bar won't work

1. Microsoft store and search bar won't work - Similar Threads - Microsoft store search

2. Microsoft store search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store search bar: so whenever i open Microsoft store the search bar doesn't appear even after restarting it doesn't i am completely unable to search anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-search-bar/98482309-692b-448d-9cd4-2f749138b2ed
  3. Microsoft store search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store search bar: so whenever i open Microsoft store the search bar doesn't appear even after restarting it doesn't i am completely unable to search anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-search-bar/98482309-692b-448d-9cd4-2f749138b2ed
  4. Windows 10 search bar won't work

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search bar won't work: Hello, every time I click on search bar on the down left to search for something it just opens and then closes again on its own crashing probably, hence I can't type anything at all.Any solutions please? windows was working fine and suddenly this happened today....
  5. Windows 10 search bar won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 search bar won't work: Hello, every time I click on search bar on the down left to search for something it just opens and then closes again on its own crashing probably, hence I can't type anything at all.Any solutions please? windows was working fine and suddenly this happened today....
  6. Windows 10 search bar won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Search Bar and Cortana won't work?

in Cortana
    Search Bar and Cortana won't work?: This happened like a week ago when my computer was force-shut off before it fully shut itself off. I can't use the Search Bar without it glowing a lighter grey then closing itself. Cortana does the same thing, Glows lighter then closes. I've also been having trouble with...
  8. Search bar, Window Store, Settings not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search bar, Window Store, Settings not working.: My search bar doesn't work, my Microsoft Store doesn't work, some of the setting panes crashes when I try to open them. Like opening the "Apps and Features" in the settings, it'll just keep crashing over and over. When I open Window Start button and scroll down, it'll would...
  9. Native search bars won't work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Native search bars won't work.: Title. When I try and use any search bar in any native application, it doesn't work. To be absolutely clear, it is just search bars. So like, if I open settings the search bar at the top doesn't work. But if I try and use the "rename this PC" function, that text box works. Of...
  10. Search Bar & Microsoft store not working

in Cortana
    Search Bar & Microsoft store not working: Hello, ive been having this issue for some time. Everytime i click on the start menu or want to type in the search bar i click on either and it pops up but freezes and wont let me type unless i hold a key down a few seconds. Also the undo & paste boxes are shown and wont go...