Windows 10: Microsoft Store and some other apps are not opening (Stuck in update)

Discus and support Microsoft Store and some other apps are not opening (Stuck in update) in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Please refer below screenshots for the message that I receive when I try to open some MS apps. Issue - The apps that do not open appear as blurred... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Devashish_06, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Microsoft Store and some other apps are not opening (Stuck in update)

Please refer below screenshots for the message that I receive when I try to open some MS apps.

Issue - The apps that do not open appear as blurred icons as visible in Image 1. The message that I receive when I click on this is given in Image 2.

A brief list of the apps that do not open (other than the ones visible in Image 1) are Groove Music, Messaging, MS Solitaire, Camera etc. I am receiving the same message for all of these (Image 2)

Even Microsoft Store does not open. But I do not receive the message (Image 2) for it. Nothing happens when I click on MS Store icon.

The above problem arose after Windows 10 installed some updates automatically and I am now facing this issue since 4 days.

Things that I tried and did not work -

1. WSReset tool

2. Running Windows Update Troubleshoot

3. Sign-Out and Sign-in again

4. Restarting

Please help!

Microsoft Store and some other apps are not opening (Stuck in update) ec071155-48c5-4791-b9f5-31027b2988e3?upload=true.png Microsoft Store and some other apps are not opening (Stuck in update) a456a332-eb8c-499d-90b6-2a25d9571e54?upload=true.png

:)

Devashish_06, Jun 22, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Uninstalled apps stuck "installing" in Microsoft Store (MSN News)

Hi Will,

A corrupted Microsoft Store cache is one of the possible reasons why some apps are stuck in an "installing phase" when you try to uninstall them. We suggest that you try running the
    Windows App troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache. You can follow the steps below to reset the Microsoft Store cache:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run
      command
      box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jun 22, 2019
  3. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft Store and some other apps are not opening (Stuck in update)

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Microsoft Store and some other apps are not opening (Stuck in update) :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Store and some other apps are not opening (Stuck in update)

1. Microsoft Store and some other apps are not opening (Stuck in update) - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store apps

2. Why do some apps open on one monitor while others open on the other?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do some apps open on one monitor while others open on the other?: I have two monitors. All my apps used to open on the one designated as primary in Settings. A few months ago, some started opening on the secondary. I haven’t made any changes to my system, but who knows what Windows has been up to. Is there a way to make all of them open on...
  3. Some apps can't update they stuck

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Some apps can't update they stuck: When I'm updating or downloading any app or games in window store it works fine but when i update your phone app it's downloading is going to stuck it's can't be successful everytime when i download it. It can't be proceed I'm trying to reebot and reset the store again face...
  4. Microsoft Store and other Microsoft apps won't open.

Microsoft Store and other Microsoft apps won't open.: I clicked Microsoft store in the taskbar, and the icon just disappeared. I checked the start menu, and a plain blue icon that says Microsoft Store was there, with a white bar under it. It looks like it is supposed to download, but it doesn't. Other Microsoft apps are also...
  5. Microsoft Account Sign in to Store and other apps.

Microsoft Account Sign in to Store and other apps.: Whenever I try to sign in to Microsoft Account (like in Excel or store), I get no internet message even though I have access to internet. I have Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 build 17763.503 Here's the overview of my problem. Notice that Store as access to internet but not...
  6. failed to open Microsoft Store apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    failed to open Microsoft Store apps: I'm unable to open Microsoft Store apps. They are even not launching. Any help is appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-open-microsoft-store-apps/9de6d6b7-3ea4-4b0f-aba6-83c29a7adb6c
  7. Microsoft Store App Stuck on "Install"

Microsoft Store App Stuck on "Install": I just performed a clean install of Windows 10 Pro Version 1803. I was installing Snip and Sketch from the Microsoft Apps Store, it completed the download and began the install, however, did not complete. 1/ I have and HP Desktop with a high speed internet connection....
  8. store and other apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    store and other apps: hi... from yesterday i cant access microsoft store and other apps such as tips ... it shows no internet.. but i can use browsers without any problems.. why this happends? is it for my settings? or the connection???...
  9. microsoft store app wont open

microsoft store app wont open: microsoft store apps does not open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_photo/microsoft-store-app-wont-open/37c4d401-9659-4236-9516-c3492be66a8f
  10. Some of the apps including Microsoft Store are not loading

Some of the apps including Microsoft Store are not loading: Suddenly, few of the apps on my PC have stopped working, which include Mail, Store, Films and TV. I looked on to this community page and tried to restore Microsoft Store through cmd, but it gives me an error: Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path...