Windows 10: Microsoft Store and Switching Off S Mode

Discus and support Microsoft Store and Switching Off S Mode in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have recently bought a new laptop that has Windows 10 Home in S mode. Apparently, it just started in S Mode. I need to switch S Mode off. In order to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JordanSharps, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Microsoft Store and Switching Off S Mode

I have recently bought a new laptop that has Windows 10 Home in S mode. Apparently, it just started in S Mode. I need to switch S Mode off. In order to do this, you have to go to the Microsoft store for the free switch off. I tried switching off; however, nothing happens when I press the "GET" button on the store page for this. After experiencing this problem, I tested getting other apps that were free from the store. They didn't work either. Now, I don't know what is wrong with the store that no apps are being downloaded. With S Mode, I can't do any application downloads at all if the Microsoft store doesn't work. So, I am asking for help regarding this issue. What can I do if my laptop is in S mode but the Microsoft Store isn't working? It is up to date windows is updated to latest patch, and the store is as well. The only thing that isn't updating is the malicious malware remover tool.

:)

JordanSharps, Jan 18, 2020
  2. RisherP Win User

Switch Out of S Mode Not Working in Microsoft Store

I finally was able to fix this "Switch Out of S" issue. It is not obvious so I wanted to share.

First, the issue is with the Microsoft Store, not the device. Here are the steps...

• Open the Microsoft Store app
    • Click on the "..." at the upper right of the screen
    • Choose "Downloads and Updates"
    • Scroll down to the Microsoft Store app and click to update
    The update downloaded to my new Surface Go.

Then on your device...

• Go to your device's Windows Settings
    • Select "Update & Security"
    • Select "Activation"
    • Select "Switch Out of S" and go to Microsoft Store
    • Once there you will be able to make the switch
    Talk about painful...

Good luck,

Paulette

RisherP, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Switching out of S Mode

I am having trouble switching my laptop out of S Mode. I went through the steps that are listed, and the Windows Store is updated and it won't let me click Get when you go to the screen to switch out of S mode.

ChelseaSmith3, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store and Switching Off S Mode

Unable to switch out of Windows 10S mode.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulty you are facing. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the model number of the system?
    2. Could you please provide the screenshot of the page where you are not able see Get button by referring to

How to include a screenshot in your post
      ?

We would suggest you to refer
    Switching out of S mode in Windows 10
    and
    Fix problems switching Windows modes in Microsoft Store
    and try performing troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article and check if it resolves the issue.

Regards,

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store and Switching Off S Mode

1. Microsoft Store and Switching Off S Mode - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Switching

2. Stuck in S Mode: Microsoft store to switch out of S Mode not loading!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in S Mode: Microsoft store to switch out of S Mode not loading!: Been trying to switch out of S Mode on a Windows 11 following the instructions in Windows Support "Switching out of S mode in Windows" unsuccesfully, when I click on the link that redirects to the Microsoft Store, I get the following error:"Try that againSomething happened on...
  3. Stuck in S Mode: Microsoft store to switch out of S Mode not loading!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in S Mode: Microsoft store to switch out of S Mode not loading!: Been trying to switch out of S Mode on a Windows 11 following the instructions in Windows Support "Switching out of S mode in Windows" unsuccesfully, when I click on the link that redirects to the Microsoft Store, I get the following error:"Try that againSomething happened on...
  4. issue switching off of s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    issue switching off of s mode: im having issues switching off of s mode, I go to the app store and press get but i keep getting the same message ''something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help.'' with a code of JM2gVQeiGU26CTkh. 12....
  5. issue switching off of s mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    issue switching off of s mode: im having issues switching off of s mode, I go to the app store and press get but i keep getting the same message ''something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help.'' with a code of JM2gVQeiGU26CTkh. 12....
  6. Can not switch off S mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not switch off S mode: I just bought a Lenova laptop computer & I can not sitch off S mode. I get as far as the page that says get & click on it. All I get is a message saying "working on it". And that is where it gets stuck at. Nothing more happens. Any help would be appreciated....
  7. switch off s mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    switch off s mode: I follow all the cinstructions to get off the s mode in windows 10.. but nothing works... When i go to widnows store i see the message-error "ask the IT of yout system", and the download button is not clickable. What can i do ? Have you seen it again?...
  8. How to switch off S mode?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to switch off S mode?: Today, S mode has become an annoyance and prevents me from installing software. I have Win 10 Edu version 1803, OS version 17134.16.10. I'm unable to follow the typical advice of going to "Updates and security", "Activation", "Switch to Store" since there is no such button in...
  9. Can’t switch S mode off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can’t switch S mode off: Just tried to download steam on my laptop and was told by a pop up that i need to remove S mode. When i have tried to remove it, it then says i cant and I need to check with my IT or system administrator however i wont have that as its a brand new laptop. any help will be...
  10. S Mode switch / Microsoft Store broken

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    S Mode switch / Microsoft Store broken: Hi Guys, I’m on Windows 10 in S mode. There is a problem with my Microsoft Store and one possible fix is to run a PowerShell comnand. To get PowerShell, I need to get out of S Mode so I go to the Microsoft Store to get the S Mode Switch. But I can’t get the switch because...