Windows 10: Microsoft Store and various apps don't work in Windows 10 version 1903

Discus and support Microsoft Store and various apps don't work in Windows 10 version 1903 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Microsoft Store and around a dozen other applications don't run. I tried a lot of things including doing an in-place upgrade from Windows 10 1903 to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Norman Diamond, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Microsoft Store and various apps don't work in Windows 10 version 1903

Microsoft Store and around a dozen other applications don't run. I tried a lot of things including doing an in-place upgrade from Windows 10 1903 to Windows 10 1903 keeping all files and apps. What it kept was the inability of these applications to run.

Start - Settings - Applications shows around a dozen unnamed applications attributed to Microsoft Corporation. However, Microsoft Store itself is not one of these. Microsoft Store is displayed in the list of applications, but doesn't have any size (not 0 bytes, but no size displayed at all), and was updated 2019/06/04.

The command wsreset gives an error message. The specified device, path, or file cannot be accessed. There is a possibility that the item can't be accessed because of a permissions problem. However, I've observed that the Windows folder doesn't contain the subfolder needed by Microsoft Store. The in-place reinstallation of Windows 10 1903 did not create the necessary subfolders.

sfc /scannnow etc. also do not create the necessary subfolders.

This PC originally ran Windows 7 Pro Japanese and subsequently Windows 10 Pro Japanese. No other language version has ever been installed on this PC.

Microsoft Store and various apps don't work in Windows 10 version 1903 9116a67d-eacb-489b-bb71-5fbce2513ecd?upload=true.png

Microsoft Store and various apps don't work in Windows 10 version 1903 487fa6bd-9ce7-4c0f-b213-cf4a5b2b8cbc?upload=true.png

:)

Norman Diamond, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 28, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Endeavour Win User

Microsoft Store and various apps don't work in Windows 10 version 1903

Microsoft Adds Ability to Block Win32 Apps from Install on Windows 10

The problem with this is that it may be a way to gradually force you into the store.
    In the past Telemetry was also opt-in. Then it was opt-out. Now you can´t turn it off unless you buy the enterprise version of Win10.

In a few months we will have the free Windows 10 Cloud OS with no Win32 app support. To be able to use Win32 apps you'll need to buy a home/pro license for $150 (if you don´t have one already). And some years from now it may be only available on enterprise versions.
    I wouldn´t be surprised if some manufacturers start shipping their PCs/laptops with Win 10 Cloud only.

And BTW, looking at the current trends, it´s only a matter of time before the paid version of Windows becomes a subscription service too.

Endeavour, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Store and various apps don't work in Windows 10 version 1903

1. Microsoft Store and various apps don't work in Windows 10 version 1903 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store various

2. Microsoft Store Apps don't download.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Apps don't download.: Hi, i have been trying to install apps from the microsoft store but the download just doesn't start. It keeps loading and loading and nothing happens. Another problem is that whenever i try to open the Xbox App, it just keeps loading and it won't launch. I've tried everything...
  3. Microsoft Store Apps don't download.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Apps don't download.: Hi, i have been trying to install apps from the microsoft store but the download just doesn't start. It keeps loading and loading and nothing happens. Another problem is that whenever i try to open the Xbox App, it just keeps loading and it won't launch. I've tried everything...
  4. Microsoft Store Apps don't download.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Settings app and Microsoft store don't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app and Microsoft store don't work.: Hi all, my settings app and microsoft store app and search bar don't open or work.Using windows key + I can sometimes open the settings app, but more often than not it just closes itself.Similarly the microsoft store app won't even open, which makes it difficult to access...
  6. Settings app and Microsoft store don't work.

Settings app and Microsoft store don't work.: Hi all, my settings app and microsoft store app and search bar don't open or work.Using windows key + I can sometimes open the settings app, but more often than not it just closes itself.Similarly the microsoft store app won't even open, which makes it difficult to access...
  7. Microsoft store don't work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store don't work: Hi, I'm having the following problem with the store:When I try to open any game, the screen freezes, and I can't help but quit. I was advised to use Software Repair Tool, but it doesn't work stopping at 21% I'm in Italy, is that the problem?I can't find anything around, can...
  8. Microsoft Store and apps don't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store and apps don't work: Around a month ago, I noticed that the microsoft store and the apps weren't working. When I try to open them, they close after a few seconds they were opened. I tried many powershell and command prompt solutions, but they didn't work. I also tried wsreset.exe, but it did not...
  9. Microsoft store apps don't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store apps don't launch: I've had this problem for a while that some games for example Minecraft and minesweeper downloaded from the Microsoft store first open perfectly well, but once I restart my pc they dont work anymore crashes right away. So far I've tried to run windows update and microsoft...
  10. Windows apps and app stores don't work

Windows apps and app stores don't work: Hi, I have found that the Windows 10 app store disappeared from my system, apps like calculator installed through the app store do not start. The most strange thing is that all those apps has some strange strings appended in front of the original app names. By clicking...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. store problen in 1903 windows 10

2. microsoft store not working windows version 1903

3. windows 10 version 1903 windows store dont work