Windows 10: Microsoft Store and Windows Default Apps Not Working and Some Missing for Domain Account,...

Discus and support Microsoft Store and Windows Default Apps Not Working and Some Missing for Domain Account,... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have no idea what happened. However, On my laptop I have a domain and a local machine account. For no apparent reason, the domain account cannot... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ZombieCrushr9, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Microsoft Store and Windows Default Apps Not Working and Some Missing for Domain Account,...

I have no idea what happened. However, On my laptop I have a domain and a local machine account. For no apparent reason, the domain account cannot open the store or the default apps. Some of the default apps like the Store, Groove Music and Photos are missing from the "Apps and Features" in settings. When I click on any of these default apps from the start menu, the tile looks like it has been clicked, however nothing happens. When I open the Store from my browser and try to install an app, I get a pop-up saying "Open URL:ms-windows-store?..." I click on the option to Open, and nothing happens. Everything works correctly on the local account on the same laptop. I am on Windows 10 Pro, version 1903. Here are some of the many things I have tried:

System Restore

Reset the store using WSReset.exe

Used Powershell to try and reinstall default apps

Numerous restarts

Checked for Windows Updates

Used cmd to scan and fix errors none found

Any other tip, trick, or suggestion I found on the Microsoft support site for similar issues

This has been going on for 3 days, very frustrating. I need the photos app, or the ability to download a different app from the store, I can do none of this with the domain account, but again the local account on the same machine works perfectly. A fresh install is not an option at this point, as I have too much work to complete int he next coming weeks.

Can anyone help with this?

:)

ZombieCrushr9, Jan 16, 2020
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    Apps Not Working In One Account

I've been having problems in one of my accounts so I restored the account profile from backup.

The account appears to work but I now have a problem with the Windows Apps only in this account. There is no Store App !! and several of the default apps are missing.

So far I've tried:

1. Running the Apps Troubleshooter
    2. Running WSRESET
    3. Download Reinstall-preinstalledApps.zip from Microsoft to Desktop. From admin powershell enter
      • Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted
      • cd C:\Users\YourUserName\Downloads
      • .\reinstall-preinstalledApp.ps1 This will execute the script and all your default preinstalled Store apps will get reinstalled. If you try to install an app that is already installed, it will be skipped without an error. Now check if the app has been reinstalled and can be launched.
      • Set-ExecutionPolicy AllSigned

None of the above has worked. Are there any other fixes apart from a repair install?

Steve C, Jan 16, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft Store and Windows Default Apps Not Working and Some Missing for Domain Account,...

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store and Windows Default Apps Not Working and Some Missing for Domain Account,...

1. Microsoft Store and Windows Default Apps Not Working and Some Missing for Domain Account,... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Default

2. App icon on some default Windows apps are missing in search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    App icon on some default Windows apps are missing in search: I'm having a problem where some of the windows app icons aren't showing up when searching for them via the Cortana bar.https://imgur.com/a/OU3duEb - example of some apps that have no icon/bugged while one of them isn't. how can I fix it? Thanks...
  3. App icon on some default Windows apps are missing in search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App icon on some default Windows apps are missing in search: I'm having a problem where some of the windows app icons aren't showing up when searching for them via the Cortana bar.https://imgur.com/a/OU3duEb - example of some apps that have no icon/bugged while one of them isn't. how can I fix it? Thanks...
  4. App icon on some default Windows apps are missing in search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store missing "Get" button on some Apps, previous solutions didn't work.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store missing "Get" button on some Apps, previous solutions didn't work.: I really searched for a long time, the articles mentioning similar problems didn't help.The usual "Get" button is missing, for some apps its there, for others it's not, and there is no message saying game is unavailable or any explanation. Please help.Here is how it...
  6. Microsoft Store missing "Get" button on some Apps, previous solutions didn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store missing "Get" button on some Apps, previous solutions didn't work.: I really searched for a long time, the articles mentioning similar problems didn't help.The usual "Get" button is missing, for some apps its there, for others it's not, and there is no message saying game is unavailable or any explanation. Please help.Here is how it...
  7. Microsoft Store missing "Get" button on some Apps, previous solutions didn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Microsoft Store and Windows Apps Missing.

Microsoft Store and Windows Apps Missing.: I recently did windows reset on my pc. And now my Microsoft store and all in-built windows apps are gone... I tried each and every method given on the internet but nothing helped. Please help me....
  9. Microsoft Store app not working on a domain-joined Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store app not working on a domain-joined Windows 10 computer: [ATTACH]If you connect a domain-joined Windows 10 computer to a VPN connection that has force tunneling enabled, and when you try to open Microsoft Store, […] This article Microsoft Store app not working on a domain-joined Windows 10 computer first appeared on...
  10. microsoft store & apps missing

microsoft store & apps missing: i had to reinstall windows 10 1909 and since then Microsoft store & apps are missing-have tried things listed on web but cannot git it back any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-apps-missing/c46101cd-6ad7-4a2a-9537-1921b430a465