Windows 10: Microsoft Store and Windows Photos/Videos not working after update

Discus and support Microsoft Store and Windows Photos/Videos not working after update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I updated my comp on Sunday and tried to download onenote on the MS but it always says that i have an error 0x8004E103. Anyone know why this happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ahganck, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Microsoft Store and Windows Photos/Videos not working after update

I updated my comp on Sunday and tried to download onenote on the MS but it always says that i have an error 0x8004E103. Anyone know why this happens and how to correct it??

submitted by /u/ahganck
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ahganck, Mar 23, 2021

2. Video editor gone from Photos

Hi Sam,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the missing feature on Photos app. I appreciate your effort in trying to fix the issue.

1. May I know on which device the issue persists?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

Refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running to provide
    the details.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to fix.

Method 1

Update Photos app

Refer the article Check updates for apps and games from Microsoft Store
    for the steps.

Method 2

Refer the article Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and follow the steps.

You may also refer the suggestions from Riley
    Lynn Nairn dated on May 7, 2018
    regarding the issue with the missing Video editor feature.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 23, 2021
  3. Windows 10--> app store, photo <--- not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with Windows Store apps as they are not working, we will help you with this issue.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: For issues with Windows Store.

You may try these steps to clear the Store cache and check if it helps:

• Press the "Windows + R" keys on the keyboard.
    • Type "wsreset.exe" and press "Enter".
    • Reboot the computer and then check the issues with the Windows Store.

Method 2: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter

Windows Store Apps troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store apps form working properly.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 3:

I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
    • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 23, 2021
  4. Microsoft Store and Windows Photos/Videos not working after update

Microsoft Store is not working

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the exact issue you are facing in accessing the Windows Store?

Have you tried to reset the Windows Store as stated in the above response?

If the issue still persists after deploying the above troubleshooting steps, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

1. Press
    Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Control Panel.

2. In the
    Control Panel window, select Category and then select
    Large icons.

3. Click on
    Troubleshooting.

4. Click
    View all and then click Windows Store Apps.

5. Click
    Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Store and Windows Photos/Videos not working after update

1. Microsoft Store and Windows Photos/Videos not working after update - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Photos

2. Microsoft store is not working after update.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store is not working after update.: I've installed Win 11 as fresh install, completely from scratch.I've opened MS Store to install MSI Center and update common apps.As soon as MS Store update itself - it stopped working, not opening at all.Edition Windows 11 Pro N Version 22H2 Installed on ‎7/‎24/‎2023 OS...
  3. Microsoft store is not working after update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store is not working after update.: I've installed Win 11 as fresh install, completely from scratch.I've opened MS Store to install MSI Center and update common apps.As soon as MS Store update itself - it stopped working, not opening at all.Edition Windows 11 Pro N Version 22H2 Installed on ‎7/‎24/‎2023 OS...
  4. Microsoft store is not working after update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft photos and video editor error updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft photos and video editor error updating: Had error updating both photos and video editor on store.Tried uninstalling and reinstalling... now can't install always shows error "Something unexpected happened Reporting this problem will help us understand it better. You can wait a bit and try again or restart your...
  6. Microsoft photos and video editor error updating

Microsoft photos and video editor error updating: Had error updating both photos and video editor on store.Tried uninstalling and reinstalling... now can't install always shows error "Something unexpected happened Reporting this problem will help us understand it better. You can wait a bit and try again or restart your...
  7. Error with Microsoft photos, videos and also ms store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error with Microsoft photos, videos and also ms store: When I try to open my any photos, screenshots or videos it shows the error saying package could not be registered as shown below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-with-microsoft-photos-videos-and-also-ms/3d4d77be-c087-428e-9ac9-078953a74f89
  8. Error with Microsoft photos, videos and also ms store

Error with Microsoft photos, videos and also ms store: When I try to open my any photos, screenshots or videos it shows the error saying package could not be registered as shown below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-with-microsoft-photos-videos-and-also-ms/3d4d77be-c087-428e-9ac9-078953a74f89
  9. Microsoft photos - videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft photos - videos: With my photos app I can only add pictures, no videos. With my previous laptop I could create video projects and edit videos, but with my new laptop that option doesn't seem aviable. What can I do to fix this?...
  10. Microsoft Store, Photos and Video Editor are gone

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store, Photos and Video Editor are gone: As stated, I went to go open a picture and noticed the photos app wasn't listed anymore. Went to go to the store to redownload it and that also wasn't there. I've attempted to use powershell to reinstall them but i keep getting an error. When i try to open the "files" from...