Windows 10: Microsoft Store and Windows Security not working

Discus and support Microsoft Store and Windows Security not working in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, recently I had a problem with my Microsoft Store. I can't install any apps and it turns out as Error for everything. I tried to look up online... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by YumikoYuki, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Microsoft Store and Windows Security not working

Hello, recently I had a problem with my Microsoft Store. I can't install any apps and it turns out as Error for everything. I tried to look up online on how to fix it. When i did the Microsoft Store reset in Settings, it did not work and it became even worst, I can't even open Microsoft Store. I look in Apps list in Settings and Microsoft Store is missing. I don't know how to fix this.

Then, I tried to look up on how to reinstall Microsoft Store using PowerShell but this error came out instead:

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D0A, The package could not be installed because the Windows Firewall service is not running. Enable the Windows Firewall service and try again.

error 0x80073D0A: Failed to install package Microsoft.Xbox.TCUI_1.24.10001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe because the firewall service is not running. Ensure that the firewall service is enabled and started.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 67c8aa12-786c-0001-b54c-c9676c78d601 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID 67c8aa12-786c-0001-b54c-c9676c78d601
    At E:\krisi\Desktop\Windows10Debloater.ps1:393 char:42
    + ... ForEach {Add-AppxPackage -Verbose -DisableDevelopmentMode -Registe ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Then I know that I had problem with Windows Security. I tried to click on Open Windows Security but this showed up:

"You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link"

there nothing else there just Always use this app box and OK, no other options.

Please help me, It has been 3 days since I look up how to fix this but everything is not working. Thank You!

:)

YumikoYuki, Feb 11, 2021

2. Microsoft Store is not working

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the exact issue you are facing in accessing the Windows Store?

Have you tried to reset the Windows Store as stated in the above response?

If the issue still persists after deploying the above troubleshooting steps, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

1. Press
    Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Control Panel.

2. In the
    Control Panel window, select Category and then select
    Large icons.

3. Click on
    Troubleshooting.

4. Click
    View all and then click Windows Store Apps.

5. Click
    Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 11, 2021
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Security Bulletin for September 2007

Microsoft released yesterday the September Security Bulletin for Windows operating system, as part of its monthly security cycle. This bulletin summary lists one critical and three important updates. For more information, see Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for September 2007.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Microsoft Store and Windows Security not working

The Microsoft Store, and the Xbox app doesn't work!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to launch Microsoft Store, Xbox app and GameBar. I’ll certainly help you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

For issues with launching Microsoft Store, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch

Method 1: Store app troubleshooter

I would suggest you to run the Store app troubleshooter and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open Settings.
    2. Click on Update & Security and select Troubleshoot from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down, click on Windows Store apps and select Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Re-register apps

If Store app troubleshooter doesn’t work, I would suggest you to try re-registering the apps using PowerShell. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Paste the following command and press Enter:
      Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    3. Once the process is complete, restart the computer and check.

Method 3: New user account

If re-registering the apps didn’t work, try creating a new user account and check if the issue persists. Refer the article
    Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Store and Windows Security not working

1. Microsoft Store and Windows Security not working - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Security

2. My Microsoft Store and Security are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft Store and Security are not working: Hello when i was trying to install a app it gave me this weird file so when i opened it nothing happened but in the background it wasn't responding so i restarted my PC then all my files got turned into .ppvw files then my C drive was affected so i reset it from then till now...
  3. My Microsoft Store and Security are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft Store and Security are not working: Hello when i was trying to install a app it gave me this weird file so when i opened it nothing happened but in the background it wasn't responding so i restarted my PC then all my files got turned into .ppvw files then my C drive was affected so i reset it from then till now...
  4. Microsoft Store and Windows Security missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store and Windows Security missing: I first noticed the issue trying to install Minecraft on a fresh factory reset of my PC, which couldn't happen because Microsoft Store wouldn't open. When I tried to manually open it, a Microsoft Store labeled window would flash up for less than a second before vanishing,...
  5. Microsoft Store and Windows Security missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and Windows Security missing: I first noticed the issue trying to install Minecraft on a fresh factory reset of my PC, which couldn't happen because Microsoft Store wouldn't open. When I tried to manually open it, a Microsoft Store labeled window would flash up for less than a second before vanishing,...
  6. Microsoft security NOT working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft security NOT working: I recently accidently downloaded a virus on my computer, Microsoft defender did NOTHING! if i didn't have another virus protector my computer would be broken FOREVER!...
  7. Security of Apps in Microsoft Store

Security of Apps in Microsoft Store: Are all the apps in Microsoft Store is secured?[Original Title: question] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-of-apps-in-microsoft-store/9681d055-3f60-4827-9520-1b341af340c2
  8. Microsoft Windows Store not Working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Windows Store not Working: Starting back in late March or Early April of 2021 the Microsoft Windows Store Store stopped working on Windows 10. I followed all the advice for repairing the problem that I could find on the Internet, but nothing seemed to work. I even did a fresh install and a repair of...
  9. microsoft store apps security

microsoft store apps security: what do I need to do to get my Non-Microsoft apps to download on my windows 10 pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-apps-security/4d520b73-f776-4042-9893-38e0499a7a36"
  10. Microsoft store apps Security

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store apps Security: Is there any possible way i can password protect my microsoft store apps. not necessary only a microsoft app, it can b any app through which can set up a password lock on any microsoft store app....