Windows 10: Microsoft Store and Windows Update continously giving problems

Discus and support Microsoft Store and Windows Update continously giving problems in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello community, Recently I've experience problems with Windows Update, it simply gets stuck on "Download Pending" and it never downloads anything.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by enon97, Oct 30, 2018.

1. enon97 Win User

Microsoft Store and Windows Update continously giving problems

Hello community,

Recently I've experience problems with Windows Update, it simply gets stuck on "Download Pending" and it never downloads anything.

Also, the Microsoft Store doesn't download any apps nor updates for the apps I already have installed.

I can fix this by using this troubleshooter: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10164/fix-windows-update-errors

(With the downloaded automatic fix program).

After doing that, both Windows Update and Microsoft Update work, but after a while (hours or a day) it stops working. May you know a definitive fix for this?

Thanks in advance.

:)

enon97, Oct 30, 2018

2. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Error with Microsoft Store

Hi RafayShabbir,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

Let me make it up to you by giving you the best resolution for your concern with your Microsoft store.

Step 1: Reset the Microsoft Store cache

• Press Win + S. This will open Windows search bar.
    • Type “cmd”, and then simultaneously press “Ctrl+Shift+Enter key”.
    • Click on the Yes button.
    • Then type in “Wsreset” and press Enter key for the command to execute.
    Step 2: Run app troubleshooter

• In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on view all and select Windows store app troubleshooter.
    • Click next and follow the instruction.

Note: Once after the inbuilt
    troubleshooter complete, I suggest you to restart the computer.

Steps 3: Install Windows update

• Press Windows key from the keyboard and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Microsoft Store and Windows Update continously giving problems

Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Microsoft Store and Windows Update continously giving problems [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Store and Windows Update continously giving problems

1. Microsoft Store and Windows Update continously giving problems - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Update

2. Microsoft store continously fails to download anything

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store continously fails to download anything: Hi! i've been trying to use the Microsoft store for a few days now but whenever i try to download anything the Microsoft store asks me to elevate it so it can download a host process and a few seconds after the download fails with no explanation whatsoeverI've tried just...
  3. Microsoft store continously fails to download anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store continously fails to download anything: Hi! i've been trying to use the Microsoft store for a few days now but whenever i try to download anything the Microsoft store asks me to elevate it so it can download a host process and a few seconds after the download fails with no explanation whatsoeverI've tried just...
  4. Microsoft store continously fails to download anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store update problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store update problem: HelloI'm currently having a problem with Microsoft Store.Whenever i open up Microsoft Store,and click on Library the following Apps say they need updating:-App InstallerMixed Reality PortalGet HelpMicrosoft PeopleSnipping ToolMSN WeatherXbox Game Bar PluginI update all of...
  6. Problems with windows updates and microsoft store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with windows updates and microsoft store: So i cannot update windows or download windows store apps since it shows me an error 0x80080005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-windows-updates-and-microsoft-store/4c8162fb-c6f5-41ff-a029-48c32a50f052
  7. Microsoft continous feedback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft continous feedback: Microsoft is asking for feedback 5 times a day by hijacking my screen until I respond! on have put NEVER on settings/diagnostics & feedback. Makes no difference....
  8. Microsoft Store & Windows Update problems

Microsoft Store & Windows Update problems: I recently bought a refurbished HP Omen 15 laptop and is looking to download the Omen Command Center from the store. However, when I click the install button it gets stuck on the “Starting download”. I have tried resetting the microsoft store but still no luck. I read in...
  9. Problems with Microsoft Store and Windows Updates

Problems with Microsoft Store and Windows Updates: Hello PROBLEM 1: I'm having problems with the microsoft Store, when i want to install an app, the button goes away and then just returns, nothing installs. I can't install an app. i tried running wsreset, didn't work neither. I tried reading some solutions which said to...
  10. hardware continous problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hardware continous problem: Hi Every time I turn on the computer windows warns me about problems with a USB controller, as well as Series/C216 Chipset Family PCI Express root port 6 1E1A been disabled. I have used the automatic correction several times and reboot, but the problem continues. I have...