Windows 10: microsoft store and xbox app slow game downloads

Discus and support microsoft store and xbox app slow game downloads in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So i have been searching for the last few days for a solution, i have tried all Microsoft suggestions. After reproducing the same issue from two... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ZakkKing, Sep 11, 2020.

1. ZakkKing Win User

microsoft store and xbox app slow game downloads

So i have been searching for the last few days for a solution, i have tried all Microsoft suggestions. After reproducing the same issue from two individual systems on different networks I'm 80% it is an issue on Microsoft's end. Regular applications such as Skype or video streaming platforms will download and install at full speed with no issue. But games through game pass will have a burst of speed, then cut down to 300-700 kb/s, then stop completely for several minutes, occasionally the download will error and need to be reinitialized. This is causing tiny downloads to take hours.

Further notes;

I downloaded Halo Wars 2 a few days prior without any trouble, perfect speed, no errors.

Yes, my internet connection is fine, i am on Ethernet with consistent speeds. I am not downloading on other platforms at the same time.

No, i have not and will not waste my time with a fresh install of windows so don't waste your breath.

My console is having the exact same problem.

My brothers computer that is on a completely different network and in a different house is having the same problem.

I have tried re installation of the store and Xbox app.

I have changed DNS through several different addresses.

My OS is up to date.

I have overridden delivery optimization settings.

Thank you in advance for any help.

EDIT: This is in Australia.

EDIT 2: error code 0x87E00005 happens occasionally.

:)

ZakkKing, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

microsoft store and xbox app slow game downloads

1. microsoft store and xbox app slow game downloads - Similar Threads - microsoft store xbox

2. Xbox app and microsoft store incredibly slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app and microsoft store incredibly slow: Hi everyone im having an issue with both the xbox app and microsoft store. Currently on windows 11 and was having same issue with windows 10. When i open both up invidually they both take forever to start. I have 2 other pcs in my house. 1 with upgraded cpu and one thats less...
  3. Xbox app and microsoft store incredibly slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox app and microsoft store incredibly slow: Hi everyone im having an issue with both the xbox app and microsoft store. Currently on windows 11 and was having same issue with windows 10. When i open both up invidually they both take forever to start. I have 2 other pcs in my house. 1 with upgraded cpu and one thats less...
  4. My microsoft store is not downloading anything like the xbox app or the xbox game bar how...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microsoft store is not downloading anything like the xbox app or the xbox game bar how...: My microsoft store is not downloading anything like the xbox app or the xbox game bar how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-store-is-not-downloading-anything/4d8a7513-0a3a-41c8-91db-8150dca21661
  5. Xbox App slow download speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App slow download speed: Hello, my download speed is 100/MBPS but in the Xbox app I always get around 2.5 to 4 MBPS. Tried the fixes on the internet and forums but it didn't help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-app-slow-download-speed/a8f12b9c-8209-41b9-ab24-a68e9e160baf
  6. Incapable of downloading nearly every game on the Microsoft Store/Xbox app.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Incapable of downloading nearly every game on the Microsoft Store/Xbox app.: Yesterday I had bought a game pass ultimate membership so I could get access to the games the pc version holds. Only thing is, it appears that the app won't let me download almost every game on the app. I tried everything, googling a bunch of different questions to no avail,...
  7. Unable to download certain games on Xbox App or Microsoft games store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download certain games on Xbox App or Microsoft games store: Hi there, I am trying to download No Man's Sky onto my computer via both the microsoft and xbox gaming app. I am able to download other games Sea of Theives, Moonlighter with no issue, but others such as no mans sky either do nothing when trying in microsoft app or Error...
  8. Can not Download Any Games via Microsoft store or Xbox app

Can not Download Any Games via Microsoft store or Xbox app: Purchased the Microsoft PC GamePass on 04/08/2020 via microsoft rewards.and i am unable to download or install Games through the microsoft Store or Xbox App. have been working with Microsoft Support since late at night around 23:00 at 04/08/2020, aswell as 11:00 on...
  9. unable to download games on microsoft store or xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to download games on microsoft store or xbox app: I can't sign into my xbox account, it will just load and then close, then when i try to download something on my pc then it will just load and then stay loading. I tried doing wrseset.exe and it does nothing....
  10. Microsoft Store is slow and won't download apps

Microsoft Store is slow and won't download apps: Loading pages in the Microsoft Store is slow; I am trying to download Microsoft News but the install button doesn't do anything, how can I fix this?...