Windows 10: Microsoft store and xbox game pass for PC infinitely hanging

Discus and support Microsoft store and xbox game pass for PC infinitely hanging in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hey, Odd issue started to occur and my google-fu isn't finding a good enough answer. I noticed that my game pass for PC app a while ago started not... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by IvanConnors, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Microsoft store and xbox game pass for PC infinitely hanging

Hey,

Odd issue started to occur and my google-fu isn't finding a good enough answer. I noticed that my game pass for PC app a while ago started not working. I would run it and after the xbox logo would appear it would just sit on a black screen and do nothing. Tried a few fixes with no dice so I planned on simply re-installing it. Downloaded it just fine except now when I click "Install" after agreeing to the terms and conditions it just hangs there, forever. I've left it for 2 hours sitting there just in case it gives me something but no dice. The app doesn't freeze according to task manager but nothing about it respond and I have to kill the app to get rid of it from the task manager.

So I checked the windows store app and I had a similar problem, it loads up the start screen fine but when I click anything it just hangs there... forever.

I've tried wsreset.exe but it also just hangs, eventually just saying "ms-windows-store: purgecaches app didn't start in time"

I've even reset the MS store cache entirely and it's changed nothing.

running the latest version of windows, out of ideas.

Thanks in advance!

:)

IvanConnors, Aug 17, 2020

2. Xbox games pass on pc

Hi Bat,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

These are the games free with the pass.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-pass-p...

However, the exact difference can be told by experts on the Xbox forum so suggest you to start a question there.

Disclaimer:

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Aug 17, 2020
  3. Microsoft store game pass and Xbox game pass (Beta)

So I have 'game pass' for the Microsoft store that allows me to download and play the pretty much the same games that are on 'Xbox game' pass (Beta) but for some reason the beta app asks me to subscribe/pay again for the for the Xbox game pass (Beta).
    Surely if I have paid £7.99 for the Microsoft store version I should get access to the Beta version? They are both called 'Xbox game pass'. Any help?

Drummeruk2142, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft store and xbox game pass for PC infinitely hanging

Microsoft Store Spring Sale: Games, Consoles, and Xbox Game Pass Deals Xbox

Source: Microsoft Store Spring Sale: Great Deals on Games, Consoles, and Xbox Game Pass - Xbox Wire

Brink, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft store and xbox game pass for PC infinitely hanging

1. Microsoft store and xbox game pass for PC infinitely hanging - Similar Threads - Microsoft store xbox

2. Halo Infinite is not getting launched in Xbox game Pass PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Halo Infinite is not getting launched in Xbox game Pass PC: I am unable to launch the Game Halo Infinite . Getting Error - 2015291336 . Game Files error . Tried several methods - Uninstall and reinstalling the game . Signing out from Xbox companion app and then signing in again . Microsoft store - sign out and sign in with the account...
  3. Halo Infinite is not getting launched in Xbox game Pass PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Halo Infinite is not getting launched in Xbox game Pass PC: I am unable to launch the Game Halo Infinite . Getting Error - 2015291336 . Game Files error . Tried several methods - Uninstall and reinstalling the game . Signing out from Xbox companion app and then signing in again . Microsoft store - sign out and sign in with the account...
  4. Game pass PC games and Microsoft store games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game pass PC games and Microsoft store games: All these games from Microsoft store suffer massive V-sync related issues and some are locked to 30fps for no reason with frames dropping after a few rounds.Basically ALL the games on game pass suffer hitching.Only game I can 100% say works without any major problem is Deep...
  5. PC Game Pass/xbox Game Pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Game Pass/xbox Game Pass: I keep getting an error for my PC Game Pass saying that im encountering an error for installing my game pass games. Error Code Ox 00000001. Im paid up on my subscription, i can play the games on my xbox. But i cant get past this error to install on my PC and the error cant be...
  6. Xbox game pass PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox game pass PC: Bonjour, J'ai essayer de trouvé la solution sur le net mais sans succès donc ma tentative ici : J'ai pris le passe ultime pour essayer, je télécharge RAGE 2, THE OUTER WORLD et GROUNDED " merci la fibre " le soucie est que quand je clic sur jouer rien ne se passe, que se...
  7. Microsoft store and xbox game pass

Microsoft store and xbox game pass: Both my xbox game pass and microsoft store wont download certain things for example i tried downloading minecraft dungeons on the xgp and it said pending and came up with an error and then i tried downloading it from the microsoft store and an error came up with "something...
  8. Xbox Game Pass PC/Microsoft store keeps automatically redownloading a game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Pass PC/Microsoft store keeps automatically redownloading a game: So I installed Outer Worlds through the game pass, played a bit and then uninstalled it but the next time I booted up my PC again it started automatically redownloading the entire game again. I canceled the download, rebooted again and the same thing happened. It always...
  9. Microsoft store game pass and Xbox game pass (Beta)

Microsoft store game pass and Xbox game pass (Beta): So I have 'game pass' for the Microsoft store that allows me to download and play the pretty much the same games that are on 'Xbox game' pass (Beta) but for some reason the beta app asks me to subscribe/pay again for the for the Xbox game pass (Beta). Surely if I have paid...
  10. Microsoft Store issues with Xbox Game Pass

Microsoft Store issues with Xbox Game Pass: Hey all, I just bought the xbox game pass. I want to download some pc games but I am unable to see the Xbox Game Pass tab that is supposed to be on the left hand side of the screen. If anyone can help, that'd be great, thanks. Additional notes: I am unable to sign in with...